“Staff didn't care, bad internet” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Kanata by BCMInns

The Kanata by BCMInns
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Fort Saskatchewan
Calgary, Canada
“Staff didn't care, bad internet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

The staff seemed indifferent that I'm there. It's not like it's busy times and they don't need one more guest, the hotel was pretty much empty. Internet didn't work for 2 out of the 6 nights I was there. Reported to front desk staff and she couldn't care less. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Andrew M, General Manager at The Kanata by BCMInns, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us at the Kanata Inn. I sincerely thank you for the insight and apologize if one of our associates left you feeling the way you did. I assure you that at the Kanata Inn we absolutely value all of our guests and their feedback so we know where we shine and we can learn where our opportunities are.

Thank you again for your time and passing this valuable information to us so we can improve. I hope that we will get another opportunity to serve you while you are in Fort Saskatchewan.

Kindest regards,

Andrew M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel when it was the Hospitality Inn and it was wonderful. This last trip in August my son and I were there for 8 night and I was very disappointed. The facilities are still good quality and the rooms are beautiful and large.It was the service that I had a problem with, it has gone down since the new ownership. The Jacuzzi was out of order most of the time I was there, the person running the front desk was rude and unhelpful and the cleaning staff cleaned my room usually after 3 pm. Info about what is available in the hotel was missing from the room and when I asked about getting a TV channel guide was told to look on the TV. When I went back again and asked the night clerk (one of the nicer desk clerks) they had a laminated one in the drawer very handy. The biggest disappointment was the breakfast. That had been the best part about the hotel. Last year the staff was accommodating , super friendly and the buffet was always fully stocked. This time they ran out of items for days in a row and the staff was slow and unfriendly, They also got billing wrong at the end ,which I fortunately figured out before I left the Hotel. I will probably look at one of the other hotels next year. All that made the Hotel stay OK was the facility is still a really nice place

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
MusgravesHospInns, General Manager at The Kanata by BCMInns, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your experience while staying with us in Fort Saskatchewan. I truly appreciate the feedback that you have provided us.

As the new General Manager at the Kanata Inns in Fort Saskatchewan, I absolutely assure you that giving all of our guests a quality experience, both in the service and product that we offer, is of the upmost importance to me. I know the absolute value of having the right team which is passionate about taking care of our guests and offering a "home away from home" experience.

Thank you very much again for letting us know about your stay and I sincerely hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you and your family again when you are in our community.
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I loved my stay at this hotel. The accommodations were comfortable! The room was very nicely decorated and the breakfast was great. The only change that I would make is to give more privacy to the exercise room. I desperately wanted to work out, but work colleagues were at the hotel. As a female, I didn't want my colleagues watching my work out from the elevator or the hot tub. (I could see them in the hot tub, and there is a window between the hot tub and the exercise room.

Room Tip: Not the best exercise room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your previous stay with us in Fort Saskatchewan. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our guest rooms and that the full breakfast in the morning was a good way to start your day. Thank you as well for the feedback in regards to our fitness room. I truly do appreciate that and require feedback like this to continually push and improve our services.

Thank you again and we hope to see you next time you are in our community.

Regards,

Andrew M
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I only stayed for one night, though I wish I would have had more time! I stayed in a Jacuzzi suite and it was wonderful.

The main room was big and has a separate bedroom. The bed was very comfortable and it was a pretty quiet stay. There was some noise from what I assume was a jacuzzi above, or maybe just a bath, but the guests were respectable and didn't run it too late.

The jacuzzi itself was very nice and roomy. The bath salts that are provided were a nice addition. The shower was awesome as well.

Everything looked very clean and well presented.

Because I was only there the one night, I didn't explore or utilize much more of the things the hotel has to offer. But room-wise I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. It is absolutely great to hear that you enjoyed the Jacuzzi room in our hotel. We definitely do pride ourselves in the size and overall cleanliness of our hotel, as well as the amenities that we offer in our rooms.

Thank you again and I hope that we will see you again sometime in the future.
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Nice service and staff!!!!!! Very quite and very comfortable to stay with. I love the set ups of the rooms and its very relaxing to look to. Very affordable price and love the amenities. Its clean sorroundings makes me feel very comfortable and relaxed.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi ,,,,,, very clean and very comportable!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
MusgravesHospInns, Guest Services Representative at The Kanata by BCMInns, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. Our Jacuzzi suites are a favourite with our guests, and it’s not hard to see why. Designed for comfort, they contain a kitchen area with a breakfast bar, a living room and a separate bedroom with a king sized bed. And of course we can’t forget the feature the room is named for, the two person Jacuzzi tub. As an added bonus, the bathroom is outfitted with a state of the art steam shower and there’s a cozy fireplace in the living room for those chilly Alberta nights.

Thank you once again for your review, we look forward to seeing you again soon 

Best Regards,
Jessica
Guest Services Representative
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here en route to Fort McMurray because of Tripadvisor reviews. Staff greeted us with genuine warmth and enthusiasm for our plan to tour the oil sands. The hotel was very new and the room, comfortable. The highlight was the free breakfast. Usually when hotels offer a free breakfast, one gets what one pays for: bagels, toast, yogurt and maybe a banana.

Here, the free breakfast is hot, tasty and with a range of choices. I had scrambled eggs, sausage and fruit. My son made himself waffles. This very happy start to our day reminded me why I like to stay at Le Germain, whose downtown Toronto and Montreal locations and business clientele allow them to charge about twice what we paid at the Hospitality Inn.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank selmer
Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We love to hear back from our guests, especially those who’ve visited us because of our Tripadvisor reviews! One of the great things about being an independently owned hotel is that we have a little more freedom to make our guests stays unique. One of the things our owners believe strongly, is that should be able to supply our guests with a warm and filling breakfast before they begin their day. And so our Hot & Hearty Heartland Breakfast was born, and it varies every morning because all of our food is made fresh in house. Our kitchen staff arrive every morning before the sun is up to bake croissants, scones, muffins and other delicious pastries fresh for our guests, as well as prepare a variety of eggs, breakfast meats and other staples.

We hope you enjoyed your tour, and we look forward to seeing you next time you visit Alberta.

Best Regards,
Jessica
Guest Services Representative
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

From the moment we were greeted at the front desk to when we checked out, we were made to feel like we mattered. The hotel is new (three years, I think), very clean, tastefully appointed, and the beds and bedding were top notch. Comfortable with soft bedding! Breakfast was included and what a lovely spread. Fruit, pastries, breads, eggs, quiche, sausages, potatoes, pancakes and waffles with all the fixings and more. Our son was not able to make it down for breakfast and the attendant there was thoughtful enough to bring us a platter with a plate cover for us to bring food upstairs to our room for him. We will recommend this little gem to everyone we know. Thank you to all the staff and congratulations to the owner of this establishment. WELL DONE.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Martine R
Jaclyn H, Guest Services at The Kanata by BCMInns, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel and sharing your pleasant stay. Our hotel has only been opened for 4 years. We take pride in our housekeeping standards which has awarded us a 3 year winning streak for the AHLA Housekeeping Award. We love hearing how much guests enjoy our beds and because of this we offer a program where guests may purchase one of these Felicity II Pillowtop Simmons Beautyrest Mattress’. Thank you for your compliments on our breakfast, we work hard to keep our guests satisfied. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Safe Travels and Best Regards,

Jaclyn Hachey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Saskatchewan
Hampton Inn by Hilton Fort Saskatchewan
Hampton Inn by Hilton Fort Saska...
#1 of 11 in Fort Saskatchewan
4.5 of 5 stars 177 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Saskatchewan Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Saskatche...
#2 of 11 in Fort Saskatchewan
5.0 of 5 stars 43 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Fort Saskatchewan
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Su...
#3 of 11 in Fort Saskatchewan
4.5 of 5 stars 48 reviews
Comfort Inn & Suites Fort Saskatchewan
Comfort Inn & Suites Fort Saskat...
#5 of 11 in Fort Saskatchewan
4.5 of 5 stars 61 reviews
Lakeview Inn & Suites Fort Saskatchewan
Lakeview Inn & Suites Fort Saska...
#7 of 11 in Fort Saskatchewan
4.0 of 5 stars 57 reviews
Southfort Inn
Southfort Inn
#9 of 11 in Fort Saskatchewan
4.5 of 5 stars 11 reviews

Been to The Kanata by BCMInns? Share your experiences!