“If home were this comfortable, why would you leave?”

The Kanata by BCMInns
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Fort Saskatchewan
Fort McMurray, Canada
“If home were this comfortable, why would you leave?”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

The first time we stayed at a Hospitality Inn was for our wedding in July 2010 in Lloydminster. Our guest stayed there as well. The staff there were easy to deal with. I've heard stories where some people have issues dealing with their hotel, reservations getting lost or guests having issues booking under the correct wedding. I heard no complaints from our wedding guest and we weren't the only wedding they had that weekend either. Our room was great! The steam shower was lovely and the jacuzzi tub was great after a long day in heels. We also had our own kitchen. Too bad we left for our honeymoon the next day and we couldn't stay and enjoy the amenities longer.

But we won't be staying in a jacuzzi suite you say? That's ok

The second time we stayed at a Hospitality Inn was in March 2012 for one week (we are from Fort McMurray and we had a death in the family). By this time we had a 9 month old. We were just as impressed. The quality of materials they use are top of the line from their bathroom counters, to their amazing beds.

THE BED and PILLOWS: We had a king sized bed with lots of very comfortable pillows (I'm picky about my pillows and these were wonderful). If you still want more pillows than what they have out on the bed, they had one in the drawers. Their bedding was buttery soft just like my baby's skin. The mattress was very supportive but not rock hard thanks to the wonderful pillow top. After a long day, if your body falls on the bed, expect not to get up until the next day.

THE SERVICE: One day they didn't have any decaf coffee left on the counter. When I asked a staff if they had any more in the back, they informed me that one of their coffee makers was not working so they were not able to make their decaf coffee. I was fine with not having my decaf that day so I continued with my breakfast; I could just make my own upstairs with the complimentary coffee. The staff apparently were determined that I would have my decaf with my breakfast. I swear they had three or more people running around finding a way for me to have my cup of decaf! So I had my decaf that morning with my breakfast. Now that's service!

THE COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST: One of the best continental breakfasts we've had. They always had eggs (they rotate the kinds of eggs they prepare so you're not always having scrambled eggs). During the 7 days we ate breakfast there they also had sausages, ham, bacon and pancakes. Their hashbrowns were always great! The waffle maker is also popular if you're not already full from all the other food. Waffles batter is available is single servings so the waffle is always fresh. There are fresh fruits (great for my nine month old), muffins, bagels, toast, cereals, etc.

THE SIZE of the ROOM: With the king sized bed, my daughter still had room to crawl around and explore.

THE TOILETRIES: We've stayed in many hotels where we don't use their toiletries because they are just awful. The Bath and Body Works that the Hospitality Inn have in their rooms worked beautifully (I have very long hair that MUST have conditioner).

THE FLATSCREEN: Positioned just right so that your eyes aren't strained when you watch tv in comfy bed. Great selections of channels and movie channels. Some hotels make you pay for movies, not here.

THE WIRELESS INTERNET: The connection was great and I was able to do what I needed done.

THE SNACK AREA: We didn't have a room with a kitchen this time but we still had a mini fridge and a microwave. Great for keeping snacks for our little munchkin

THE BATHROOM: The shower has good pressure, toilet doesn't wake the sleeping when you flush it, love the counter, towels were always readily available (we couldn't use them all fast enough before they were replenished with fresh ones).

THE LOCATION: The Hospitality Inn in Fort Saskatchewan is in a great location close to grocery stores and a Walmart. We got a flat tire so my husband just took it to the Fountain Tire across the street and came back for breakfast, no need to wait at Fountain Tire.

CLEANLINESS: Excellent, beds were made everyday even if we didn't ask. Towels were replenished everyday as well.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE: Great. Staff were friendly, attentive and excellent. Would stay in any of the Hospitality Inns again. Great find!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dia B
MusgravesHospInns, Guest Service Agent at The Kanata by BCMInns, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Your story about the decaf is not just one of the staff going above and beyond but something that we strive to do for every guest on a regular basis. We care that our guests enjoy their stay with us, and if that means running out and buying a new coffee maker, then that's what we'll do. Thank you for such a thorough review. I am sure that the travelers using Trip Advisor will find your review very useful.

Best Regards,
Matthew
Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed March 11, 2012

If you ever want to stay at a hotel that will treat you better than family this is IT! I have stayed in so many places and never felt as comfortable as i did here. The staff was so friendly and very polite. I spent 4 days and nights in this hotel with my 7 month old baby and there was nothing but help and friendliness around the corner. The breakfast was awesome and great to look forward to in the morning. The room was super clean and did i mention that ALL staff was friendly!!! My little one even had a play date with a staffs grand daugher! I loved it!!!Wonderful place to stay and actually have plans to stay again this week!!

Room Tip: small pets allowed!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Krista C
MusgravesHospInns, Guest Services Representative at The Kanata by BCMInns, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Thank you for your review. We all feel like family here and we feel privileged that we’re able to make our guests feel like a part of it too. We even have playpens and cribs available for our youngest guests on request.

It’s not unusual for us to get a visit from a staff members’ children, grandchildren, niece, or nephew during the day. It definitely sounded like your son and Lesley’s granddaughter were having a good time in there :)

We are pet friendly and we’ve seen quite a few furry friends so far during our time here. (We’ve even met a pot bellied piglet named Stew!) Just mention that you’d like to bring your pet when making your reservation and we’ll do our best to accommodate you both.
Keep that little guy cute, and we’ll see you soon :)

Best Regards
Jessica
Guest Services Representative
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I stayed here in February when I went to a friends wedding. They have very nice rooms, they use amazing products (Bath & Body Works) so the soaps were great! They have nice flat screen tv's in the rooms. The bed was very comfy, not too soft, not too hard. We came down really late for the complimentary breakfast but still managed to eat a bit of it. It was alright, not sure if it was close to ending the breakfast window and that's why it wasn't the best, but they do have a waffle maker as well (didn't get a chance to use it though). The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Our room faced the opposite of the entrance, so they were little to no outside noise. Not sure how o...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Great service, superb room, and did I mention the bed...the breakfast was so good too...totally looking forward to my next visit.....dreaming about the bed....aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh...zzzzzzzzzz

Room Tip: The beds are freaking amazing!!!!!! So comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ssaxondog
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed March 6, 2012

This hotel should win awards for fantastic customer service. Every single staff member from the manager to the laundry people were excellent. We were here for a course and for 3 nights in a lovely room. The food was very good and everyone went out of their way to be helpful. The beds were the best I have ever encountered.
I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TomKat74can
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Our company booked last years Christmas party at the Hospitality Inn & Suites for approximately 40 people. We arrived and were pleasantly received by the friendly, professional staff. We had a private room and all the food was catered. It was a fantastic meal and a very comfortable and attractive room. The service was great and we enjoyed ourselves immensley. On top of that, we had compared rates with other venues and were very happy with how budget friendly Hospitality Inns was. You can WOW your guests without the
exorbitant price! We plan to rebook for next year and would recommend it to anyone looking to have an exceptional group dining experience!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Amy S
Reviewed February 27, 2012

If you are looking for the best hotel with the cleanest rooms and the most comfortable beds you have found it. They have a increadable free breakfast and an affordable dinner buffet (14.99 + tax) every day. The staff are increadable. This hotel is 10 stars out of five

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Mrfat187
JanaRowe, General Manager at The Kanata by BCMInns, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
I read this review and would have to agree with you.

Our housekeeping team is extremely particular about the cleanliness of the hotel. They wash everything in the rooms after a check out, including the comforter and the shower curtains.

The beds are so incredible here that we partnered with Simmons Canada to offer our guests the opportunity to purchase the beds. They are a Bouvet Island Plus Pillow Top Simons Beautyrest World Class mattress.

We have created a full hot breakfast buffet to accommodate the dietary needs of all our guests in the morning. The evening buffet is a wonderful choice for a good home cooked meal in our cozy Fireside Room.

We strive to give our guests the comforts of home away from home with all the amenities and luxuries of a 21st century hotel stay.

Thank you for your review we look forward to seeing you again in our hotel,

Jana Rowe