The first time we stayed at a Hospitality Inn was for our wedding in July 2010 in Lloydminster. Our guest stayed there as well. The staff there were easy to deal with. I've heard stories where some people have issues dealing with their hotel, reservations getting lost or guests having issues booking under the correct wedding. I heard no complaints from our wedding guest and we weren't the only wedding they had that weekend either. Our room was great! The steam shower was lovely and the jacuzzi tub was great after a long day in heels. We also had our own kitchen. Too bad we left for our honeymoon the next day and we couldn't stay and enjoy the amenities longer.
But we won't be staying in a jacuzzi suite you say? That's ok
The second time we stayed at a Hospitality Inn was in March 2012 for one week (we are from Fort McMurray and we had a death in the family). By this time we had a 9 month old. We were just as impressed. The quality of materials they use are top of the line from their bathroom counters, to their amazing beds.
THE BED and PILLOWS: We had a king sized bed with lots of very comfortable pillows (I'm picky about my pillows and these were wonderful). If you still want more pillows than what they have out on the bed, they had one in the drawers. Their bedding was buttery soft just like my baby's skin. The mattress was very supportive but not rock hard thanks to the wonderful pillow top. After a long day, if your body falls on the bed, expect not to get up until the next day.
THE SERVICE: One day they didn't have any decaf coffee left on the counter. When I asked a staff if they had any more in the back, they informed me that one of their coffee makers was not working so they were not able to make their decaf coffee. I was fine with not having my decaf that day so I continued with my breakfast; I could just make my own upstairs with the complimentary coffee. The staff apparently were determined that I would have my decaf with my breakfast. I swear they had three or more people running around finding a way for me to have my cup of decaf! So I had my decaf that morning with my breakfast. Now that's service!
THE COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST: One of the best continental breakfasts we've had. They always had eggs (they rotate the kinds of eggs they prepare so you're not always having scrambled eggs). During the 7 days we ate breakfast there they also had sausages, ham, bacon and pancakes. Their hashbrowns were always great! The waffle maker is also popular if you're not already full from all the other food. Waffles batter is available is single servings so the waffle is always fresh. There are fresh fruits (great for my nine month old), muffins, bagels, toast, cereals, etc.
THE SIZE of the ROOM: With the king sized bed, my daughter still had room to crawl around and explore.
THE TOILETRIES: We've stayed in many hotels where we don't use their toiletries because they are just awful. The Bath and Body Works that the Hospitality Inn have in their rooms worked beautifully (I have very long hair that MUST have conditioner).
THE FLATSCREEN: Positioned just right so that your eyes aren't strained when you watch tv in comfy bed. Great selections of channels and movie channels. Some hotels make you pay for movies, not here.
THE WIRELESS INTERNET: The connection was great and I was able to do what I needed done.
THE SNACK AREA: We didn't have a room with a kitchen this time but we still had a mini fridge and a microwave. Great for keeping snacks for our little munchkin
THE BATHROOM: The shower has good pressure, toilet doesn't wake the sleeping when you flush it, love the counter, towels were always readily available (we couldn't use them all fast enough before they were replenished with fresh ones).
THE LOCATION: The Hospitality Inn in Fort Saskatchewan is in a great location close to grocery stores and a Walmart. We got a flat tire so my husband just took it to the Fountain Tire across the street and came back for breakfast, no need to wait at Fountain Tire.
CLEANLINESS: Excellent, beds were made everyday even if we didn't ask. Towels were replenished everyday as well.
OVERALL EXPERIENCE: Great. Staff were friendly, attentive and excellent. Would stay in any of the Hospitality Inns again. Great find!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our guest suites have been designed with spacious and unique layouts to meet the needs of traveling families, business guests and large groups or sports teams. For the comfort of our guests Simmons Beauty Rest World Class Bouveat Island Plush Pillow Top Mattresses(C) accompanied by a 42" LCD flat screen TV's furnish all the rooms. Our "Hot & Hearty Heartland Breakfast" is complementary to our guest's every morning. We offer a variety of amenities including: business center, fitness room, whirlpool tub, banquet and meeting facilities, guest laundry services, and quality in-room amenities. With our "Yes, we can!" attitude, you will be impressed at the Kanata by BCMInns. We are a unique blend of Heartland Hospitality and 21st century technology. Our guest will enjoy impeccable style, spectacular service and detail-oriented amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Kanata by BCMInns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hospitality Inns Hotel Fort Saskatchewan
- Hospitality Inns And Suites
- The Kanata By BCMInns Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta