“If you have to stay in Hanna, this would be the place.”
Review of Canalta Hanna

Canalta Hanna
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hanna
Vancouver Island, Canada
“If you have to stay in Hanna, this would be the place.”
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Reasonably clean and in decent condition (in the newer section). It's very basic, but this is the best option if you are staying in Hanna. Convenient location and parking. There is kettle popcorn and cookies in the lobby free for guests. The bathroom is ultra small and has no sink in it (the sink is outside the bathroom). You will need to bring your own soap as the slivers that are provided are useless.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank goner1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Recommendation is not to stay at this hotel. The rooms are overpriced for the quality of the hotel. There is no elevator, the bathrooms are old with staining. The room smell is musty. The continental breakfast is mediocre at best. The night we stayed a 3 ton truck's endgate banged all night long. Drive into Airdre or Calgary, much better value for your money!

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank Diane155043
Grande Prairie
Reviewed May 4, 2010

About 4 months ago I purchased a "punch card" from the hotel that would allow me to use their weight room when I was in town. I fequently visit family in Hanna and enjoy going for a work out while in town.

Well today I was back to Hanna for a family visit (2010-05-04) and went down to the Super 8 for a workout. 2 women working there, who I recognized from the past informed me that the weight room was now private(only for hotel guests) and that my punch card was no longer any good. (I have only used 2 visits out of the 10 the card is good for) I asked to be refunded a portion of the card but was told that was not possible. I explained to them and showed them my punch card which clearly states "No Expiry Date" on the bottom but they didn't care.

I'm not going to say this is a poor hotel but I can say from my limited experiences with the staff that if a problem comes up they don't concern themselves and they don't honour their agreements.

I'm also in the process of contacting the Better Buisness Bureau about this incident and this particular hotel.

• Stayed November 2009
1 Thank Nyack22
Nanton
Reviewed April 17, 2010

We checked in for 3 rooms. Friendly staff.
Rooms nice. Good breakfast.
Clean but little pricey.
All went well

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
deliagi
Reviewed November 7, 2009

The staff on both occasions that we have stayed here have been super friendly. Love the free cookies and popcorn. My in laws loved the pool but were disappointed the hot tub wasn't working. The gym is great. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious. The ambiance at this motel was very warm inviting and friendly. We think the cost is a bit much especially in the off season, we are aware of much cheaper prices in communities that offer way more.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Saskatchewan
Reviewed May 21, 2009

The trouble began upon check in. When we showed up at the motel to check in they wanted the charges for the room paid upfront, because we had booked the room over the internet. No problem, except that they wanted me to pay 0.75 cents more. I realize this is pocket change but the price that the room was booked for should be the price you pay, as it did include all taxes and surcharges. The manager told us we had to pay their price. I replied that I was sorry but this was not my problem it was theirs and they should take it up with the head office as it was there web site I booked from.
The room was not very clean. The floor in the bathroom didn’t look as though it had been washed. Also it looked as though a drink had been spilled on one of the walls and had never been washed off. There was opened frozen food in the fridge freezer. The air conditioner didn’t work. The rear exit door didn’t seal properly so when the wind was howling a small pile of dirt collected inside the room. The room key pass card didn’t work from the rear entrance in the room the entire time. This was very inconvient as the majority of parking for the motel is at the rear of the motel. So every time you came back to the motel you had to run around to the front to gain access to our room. This was fun when the wind was howling and it was raining! The hot tub in the pool area wasn’t working (I was told by some in town that it had been broken for quite awhile). Last but not least the pool was colder than the lake! I had asked if they could please turn up the heat a few degrees because it was so cold, the staff just looked at me and said they would see what they could do. We went back to the pool that evening over 12 hrs later and the pool was even colder. I was very nice about everything because I believe you get farther with people by being as pleasant as possible. However, the staff at the motel does not care about their customers and it really shows in their attitudes.
The only pluses about the motel are that the bed’s, linens and towels are newer and the gym is really well equipped for a small town. The location is also very good. There is also a very good restaurant in the same parking lot as the motel. Next time I will look far a bed and breakfast to stay at.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Toronto
Reviewed July 16, 2008

Hello all, Hanna has to be the smallest town (if I can even call it that) I have ever visited. I am from Toronto and I couldn't believe that this town was basically two intersections. Anyways, the hotel we stayed at was very pleasant. We did arrive there at midnight and we did have a reservation which made it easy to check-in. The room was what you probably would expect in a hotel, clean, a decent size and excellent beds. I found the beds to be very comfortable and the washroom was good as well. We decided to book this hotel in Hanna because the hotels in Drumhellar were expensive (because of the dinosaur attractions). We do not regret our stay at this place because everything about this hotel was a positive one. You won't be disappointed if you decide to stay here. Good luck!

• Liked — The comfortable beds
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)