Hampton Inn & Suites Edmonton International Airport
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Leduc
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Normally, I'm a bit of a brand junky when it comes to hotels. Westin or other Starwood properties preferred. The only Westin in town was outrageously over priced for the night of my stay, so I chose a place closer to the airport and this seemed to be the best option. I have to stay I'm pretty impressed and am definitely going to try other Hampton Inn properties in the future. Room is a great size and the layout very convenient. Everything is clean, front desk staff helpful and accommodating. Gave md a 2 pm late check-out and arranged free shuttle without any fuss. Complimentary breakfast had variety of options. And to top it all off, they went out of their way to find me best rate possible. If you need a place close to Edmonton airport, this is it.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank maria_amd
SMartinYeghs, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Edmonton International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

I just wanted to say thanks for your recent stay here at our hotel! I'm so glad you were able to experience our warm Hamptonality. We are thrilled to hear you will try other Hampton properties along your travels. We can't wait to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was my first stay at the Edmonton International Airport Hampton Inn & Suites but their consistency between locations makes Hampton Inns a good choice.

Someone must have been paying attention to recent reviews because the lobby and my room were very clean. I stayed in a king room that had a decent desk/work area and a pleasant sitting area. Their wireless internet was not the fastest I have ever encountered in a hotel was was good for checking email and acceptable for browsing on flickr. I did have a few short glitches so I didn't bother trying to stream any video.

The airport shuttle they use is shared with several other area hotels so even though they are very close to the airport it may take a few minutes longer than expected to get to the airport. The early morning run on the Saturday I was there was quite fully booked. The trip from the airport into the hotel was less crowded and turned into a milk run. I did point out one safety issue to the driver as the seat I initially sat in wasn't properly bolted to the floor and lifted (with me in it) whenever the driver negotiated a corner.

Breakfast service was a bit late, probably because this Saturday morning was the first shift after the time change, and the food was average. What they do well is have plenty of good coffee out almost all the time.

The biggest downside to this hotel is location. There are very few services (IE: restaurants) in this area that are within walking distance. If you are arriving near dinner time and taking a shuttle bus to the hotel your best bet, and I never thought I would ever say this, is to eat at the airport. If you have a vehicle there are quite a few reasonable options within easy driving distances which makes this less of an issue.

Overall, I had an acceptable stay with nothing memorable, either good or bad.

Room Tip: There are very few dining or entertainment options within walking distance. Something you need to c...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing our property and your kind comments through out your stay. I will be sure to share your comments to the appropriate areas to ensure all comments have been addressed.

We look forward to serving your travel needs at our hotel should you return to the area.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We chose this hotel to stay at on our way to Hawaii because it was close to the airport. We arrived later in the evening and were hungry and had to take a taxi from the hotel to another hotel to get supper. I was a little disappointed with that considering this hotel is in the middle of no where and didn't offer any food or drinks what so ever. I also had a reservation for when we arrived back into Edmonton 2 weeks later and decided to keep our reservation despite the lack of ammenties in the hotel and called when we landed to confirm our reservation. The lady on the line told me that our reservation was cancelled for some reason and the hotel was full. SO at 11:00 at night, we had to find a new hotel to stay in! And now looking at my credit card statement, they still charged me for the room!!! Now I am on the phone with some lady in the USA, that can't even find the hotel location, nevermind getting a refund!!! Terrible, never again, and I will be spreading the word!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Cherlyn C
SMartinYeghs, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Edmonton International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for reaching out to us about your experience and incorrect billing via Trip Advisor. Please know that this situation is important to us, and this will be addressed. Located on the main floor we have a sundry shop in which we stock simple quick frozen meals, assorted pop, juices and additional sundry items, in the event our guests do not want to travel via taxi to a local restaurant. My apologizes in regards to your reservation issue, we have located the reservation which was booked under another name and have resolved the charges in question.
I apologize for the miscommunication involved.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I am a regular user of Hampton hotels and this one doesn't meet the level of the others i have been staying in.
The lobby looked like it hasn't been clean for a while.
The coffee was empty every time I tried to get a cup.
The breakfast was empty at 8am
The room heater was so loud, I had to stop it to be able to sleep after one sleepless night.
Wont go back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank ferrere1965
SMartinYeghs, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Edmonton International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your candid review on our property and amenities and we will keep your comments in mind as we constantly work to improve our guests satisfaction. We know the details make the most impact on a hotel stay.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Hotel room was great, but do not go in the hot tub! We stayed in this hotel with a hockey team for a tournament in Leduc. Everybody that went in the hot tub that weekend, got a bacterial rash from it! And the way the GM handled our compliants was appauling. I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank LB6299

Please accept our sincere apologies for the unfortunate experience and service your group encountered after staying with us. We are glad to hear you otherwise enjoyed your time with us and I will share your comments with all staff involved.

Best Regards.,

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed for one night at this hotel for a hockey tournament for our son's team on February 17/13. During our stay the pool and hot tub were open. The hot tub was warm but the jets were not working. Both my kids were in the hot tub during our stay. 3 days following our stay both of the kids developed a rash all over their bodies. Several of the hockey team and their families develped a rash which for some lead to doctor's visits, antibiotics and benadryl. Our team manager called the hotel and has yet received an apology or explanation for this. We are disappointed at the lack or response from this hotel's management given the extent to which this affected our kids and their families. Won't be a place we stay in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lori M

Lori,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your group's recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We sincerely apologize for our delay in getting back to you. Please know that the health and safety of our guests is our highest priority, and our hot tub is monitored and tested daily with satisfactory results via Alberta Health.

Sincere Regards,

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Originally I would have rated this property higher but several incidents occurred which I feel other travellers should be aware of. We were a Timbit hockey team staying at this property - a total of 15 rooms. The first warning sign was when one of our families who checked in found a "dirty" pair of mens pants in their room. Following our stay multiple members of our team both adults and children about 25 people in total broke out in a rash. We quickly ruled out bed bugs and chicken pox. Then as familes spoke with their physicians they received dianosis' of Hot Tub Foliculitus. This is caused by improper PH balance and build of of bacteria in the facilities. Upon following up with the hotel they were unapologetic and accepted no accountability and basically blamed us. The General Manager was a poor communicator, and showed now guest service or care for clients that should be paramount in the Hilton brand. He made a bad situation worse. I think first the issue of cleanliness and sanitary conditions of the property should be questions and even more so the level of service to clients when they have issues.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Lisa D
SMartinYeghs, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Edmonton International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Lisa,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the poor service and unpleasant experience your party had in regards to your stay with us. We stress to our team that the health and safety of our guests is our highest priority and we regret the issue your group encountered after using our hot tub. Perhaps more importantly was our response to the incident. Our guests' deserve to be treated with the utmost respect and the highest quality care and we apologize this was not your impression.

Sincere Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leduc
Hilton Garden Inn Edmonton International Airport
Days Inn & Suites Edmonton Airport
Wingate by Wyndham Edmonton Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton International Airport
Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton Airport
Best Western Premier Denham Inn & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Edmonton International Airport? Share your experiences!