“Truck stop diner rip off...”
Review of zambellies

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
zambellies
Ranked #48 of 97 Restaurants in Leduc
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Really disappointed in this place.
4 of us went there on a business lunch (to gain business, not try to lose it...),
...but regardless, I will never take any friends or family to this dive.

The kitchen doesn't have proper ventilation, and so you can see a haze in the restaurant dining area from the burned food.

The furniture is very dated. The arm chair I sat in was wobbly.

Menu's are dirty. Prices are standard for the region, but I would say perhaps a couple of dollars per entre on the high side for what you actually get.

Service... just really bad. I felt by walking in that I was more of a bother to the host then a guest... Our server likewise should really retire as she has no personality, and doesn't understand how to serve. 2 of our four dishes were brought out, then she left to clean and set another table, and then slowly walked to the kitchen to pick up the other 2 dishes for our table.

Food... the chef is hiding his/her poor talent by over indulging in garlic on the food. The food overall was edible.

The icing on the cake for me was that their credit card machine was set to tip at 18%... for what Zambellies? -to change the tip you have to hit other and go back to switch. Just an overall rip-off.

2  Thank Chucky D

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We had family visiting from the Maritimes and wanted them to experience Alberta beef before they went back east so this place was recommended and I have say it was a terrible example of our beef. Mine had to be sent back for them to redo and it ended up with no flavor and tough so I could not even eat a 1/3 of the meat. 2 of the other meals were only 1/2 eaten as the beef was tough and hard to even cut. Very very disappointing and I would not recommend at all

1  Thank Rose M
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Ate here on the way to the airport by myself. The food came extremely fast. It was ok. Had the steak, it was quite fatty. The veggies on the plate were basically inedible and cooked to mush. The ceasar salad was average. Wouldn't be my first choice of restaurants but would eat here again if needed.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have dined here on a number of occasions and the food is superb! It may seem a tad more expensive than some other places, but worth every penny. The pizza is to die for, as is pretty well any of their dishes. Great service and excellent food.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I ate here twice August 13 and 16. I was part of a large group so the service was understandably slow. On the second night they were understaffed so there were significant delays, especially for our bills. The food was tasty. I found the prices a bit high. You feel like you are in someone's dining room so the atmosphere is nice. The owner is very visible which is a nice touch. Ask your server for a recommendation - they know what's good and will be straight with you.

Been to zambellies? Share your experiences!