“Absolutely Discusting” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Mulhurst bay
“Absolutely Discusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

New to this area and was looking for Chinese. My wife and I went to the Waldorf for supper on May 27, 2013. The food didn't look too bad, as it came fresh from the kitchen. But to our surprise what looked good was anything but. I would not recommend this restaurant if you are looking for good tasting food.

• Visited May 2013

Leduc, Alberta, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friday Buffet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

Friday Chinese Buffet is lacklustre. I won't be going back.

Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the water was good at least.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2010

The service was okay. We were seated quickly (the only ones in the restaurant) and got our drinks. The buffet consisted of trays of old, lukewarm, fatty meat and some chop suey which was actually okay. There were also all of four shrimp on a mountain of ice. I'm usually easy going with most restaurants, but this one hit a home run with its food. Dry, crispy "lemon chicken" and saucy fatty "Sweet & sour pork" may as well have been the exact same types of meat - whether it was chicken or pork is still unbeknownst to me. The problem with this restaurant I think is laziness. It has potential; it's just nowhere close to being good right now. I definitely did not enjoy my experience here. It could have been a lot worse, but I definitely see lots of room for improvement.

1 Thank lefty12
Leduc
“good lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2009

After being told that this place was good we had to try. We arrived just before noon for the buffet and watched as they brought it out. The food was fresh and tasty. We really enjoyed it. The as we were leaving we say them refill the trays. Oops. Lesson here - get there early so you get the fresh food - then it is good.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Leduc
“will never eat there again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2008

We have eaten there in the past and thought it was great. Had gotten there about 4:25 pm on Nov.6th . We were seated and greeted, asked about a beverage. We were informed by waitress that buffet would be about 10 minuits. We said ok fine and my friend asked if salad bar was open , She said sure go ahead. Upon going to salad bar I thought I would check out the soup. OMG! there was a layer of scum on top stuck to soup spoon , looking at salad bar we saw brown lettuce looked dry too . contianer very full never looked touched, And only about 6 shrimp on ice. Looking at that did us in, So we looked over and saw left over food in the buffet containers. Upon looking closer at it TERRIBLE. The container the won-ton soup was in on the end was dry won-tons were like rubber and stuck to spoon and container. Some food still sitting uncovered in other container, some were almost empty and dry crusted food left in them NOTHING covered. Glad it too cold outside for flys. Lunch closes at 2 or 2:30 so all that food left sitting there . So they must top containers mix them up and welcome you to dinner buffet. Will never go there again. Thinking of what we saw and now we have an Idea what goes on we diddnt see befor .....Well what must go on daily around there some days more people other less. So we never touched our drinks and walked out. Im sure waitress thought we went outside for a smoke. Will never go there again . Will look around for a cleaner place.