“Give it a wide berth”

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Leduc
Hinton, Canada
“Give it a wide berth”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Besides the $150 deposit that they place on your credit card, I had to sign a sheet saying I wouldn't do drugs on site. I should have left at that point.

The pillow was lumpy, the sheets looked disposable and the towels were tiny.

Even if you could get the advertised price (and you can't), this place isn't worth it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Hintontraveller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Hinton, Canada
Reviewed October 1, 2012

we arived a little early and had to offload some of our luggage so we could haul supplies to the wedding hall,they accomidated us right away. the room we got was huge with 2 living room chairs,3 kitchen chairs,huge king size bed,gas fireplace,air conditioning,lots of towels and supplies,full size fridge with a freezer,tv,clock radio,very nice touch control lights.
we had a great time and quite a few of our friend and family stayed there as well and we appologize for our noisy revelry at breakfast(which was free).
all in all I would give this stay my blessing and 5 stars or diamonds or koobasa or whatever, staff were very friendly and acomodating and cheap $89 a night with a pool
very close to the airport, and the race track (I am a drag racer) and 5 minutes from edmonton

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ALLENT7V
Alberta
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The place is not bad the service is very good, free breakfast, clean, fire place in room nice in winter small pool well kept.

When on a budget it's 20 to 30$ cheaper then compitition in area.

Only complaint is hard beds lumpy pillows.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Rudkin37
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed June 15, 2012

BIG sign outside - $59 single. I went inside to inquire. "sorry we don't have any of those rooms, we only have 4 rooms at that price and they're all taken"

Next option, $99. Still a good price, I'll take it. I give her my credit card and when I get the card machine back to enter in my pin it says $289.00.

Why is it almost $300 for one nights stay?

"Oh" she says, "we charge a $150 deposit on your credit card, but don't worry, you will get it back after 3 to 4 days."

Forget it, I haven't even seen the room yet and I already feel dirty.

Do like me, I drove a few blocks north and stayed at the hotel 6. The room is a good size and very clean, free WIFI and only $79' oh and no $150 deposit that I won't get back for 3 to 4 days!!

Room Tip: Don't go here!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
11 Thank Jeff P
Rocky Mountain House, Canada
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Very basic room, price is their main draw. Rooms are barely acceptable, shower had black mold / mildew in the corners, carpets were stained, sheets were wrinkly and beds poorly made making us leery, causing us to inspect them closely, they seemed okay? All I can say is it was a basic room, okay for an 8 hour stay, anything longer I'll go to the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed June 2012
alberta
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We like to use this hotel prior to flying from YEG.
The rooms are basic, clean and comfortable. However, this time my credit card was pre-auth'd for $150 deposit, pus the room charges for 2 rooms ...so it ended up being $500 in pre-auth's charges.
I fail to see why a deposit needs to be charged.. I do not get charged a deposit when I eat at a restaurant or enter a store! Granted, there is always a risk of dishonesty, but that sadly, is just the nature of any business!
Thankfully, there is a new Marriott being built on airport property, and we won't need to use the western budget anymore!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank vicky66
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed May 23, 2012

My family and I have stayed numerous times with the various Western Budgets around the Edmonton Airport and have never been disappointed. The staff are always friendly, the service is fast. Dependable airport service as well.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family