“Good food Bad beer”

Add it.
Yote's Tex Mex Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Based on the review by Ian-Inando I decided to try the chicken chimi. As he said it was very good and there was more food on my plate than I could finish. Kudos for the chicken chimi. The atmosphere is decidedly broken down sports bar in dire need of a make-over so that was not my favourite. Also, like most of those older bars where saving every penny counts they cut corners when washing the dishes. My plate and what's worse, my beer glass both smelled of dishwasher soap. They were both clean but they hadn't been properly rinsed. I don't wish to detract from the quality of the food though. Top notch. Just make sure you drink your beer from a bottle. There's not much worse than soapy tasting beer.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was apprehensive and had low expecations. They were even lower when I saw that Poutine was an appetizer option....But the food was well priced, the service came with smiles and if you can accept that you are not in Mexico, the food was also quite yummy. I had the chimichanga. It was a monster portion, and full flavored spicy.