My family and I (wife and 16 month old son) wanted to stay close to the airport for the convenience as we were traveling to Hawaii for the Holidays. We have family in Edmonton that we could have stayed with, but really wanted the convenience of the proximity to the airport and the park & ride option to the airport.
Everything was fine until we all woke up in the middle of the night to someone trying to enter our room. Thankfully, we had used the latch/lock on the door which prevented them from getting in. I sprung out of bed and pushed the door closed. The guy on the other end mumbled that he had been sold the room, and turned and went back to the front desk. We were all shaken from the what happened, and didn't get much sleep after that. We had 2 flights totalling approx 7 hours of fly time and two hour lay over. We were hoping to be well rested, but wasn't the case. Our son was only 16 months old at the time, which flying with a cranky/tired baby is no fun.
We approached the front desk in the morning, and they were well aware of the issue. The person working the desk was very apologetic, but was very limited to as to how to compensate us. She informed us that they had accidentally double booked the room. She gave us a small discount which we weren't happy with and asked her to have her manager call us. We couldn't stick around as we had to get to the airport, but left our cell phone # with her. We had approx 3 to 4 hours before our flight, and never did receive a call before we boarded or anytime there after. I received a email prior to returning from our vacation to 'rate' our stay. I completed the survey. I received a email back from the GM of this Hotel. He apologized, and admitted it was their mistake, but said there was nothing further he could do. He went as far to say that we should both learn from this experience and it was a good thing that the Ramada used the extra lock, or it could have been worse. If I wouldn't have know better, I would have thought he was joking that I should be grateful for the learning experience. I did finally make my way up the ladder to Corporate. They did apologize and were going reimburse me a bit more for the troubles. It's been approx 1 month since I had the conversation, and yet to have seen the cheque.
I do understand that is was a accident to double book the room. However, the GM handled it so poorly, and it could have been fixed so easily. There are plenty of other Hotels around the Airport, and I'll never stay at this particular Hotel again, and will have a tough time staying or recommending any other Ramada in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minutes from the International Airport. Ramada Pinnacle Awardee & Best of Ramada 2011 & 2012 *JT's Classic Grill * Daily Continental Breakfast * Comp Airport Shuttle 24/7 * 2011 Housekeeping Award * Elevator * Exercise Room * Free Local Calls * Laundromat - Coin * WiFi in Public Area * Business: Business Centre * In-room: Fireplace (S), Computer Friendly (A), Fridges (A), Hairdryers (A), Hardwired Internet (A), In-room Safe (A), Iron & Board (A), Jetted Tub (S), Microwave (S), Voicemail (A), WiFi (A) * Parking:Coach, Trucks, Plug-ins, Free Parking during stay * TV: Cable/Satellite, LCD/Plasma(S) * Credit Cards: AE MC VS. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Ramada Edmonton International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Edmonton International Airport Hotel Leduc
- Ramada Inn Leduc
- Ramada Leduc
- Leduc Ramada
- Ramada Edmonton Airport
- Ramada Edmonton International Airport Leduc, Alberta