“Handy, friendly and comfortable” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ramada Edmonton International Airport
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Leduc
GreenLeadersBronze level
Riverside, California
“Handy, friendly and comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Handy to the airport. The desk person was really helpful, and had me checked in quickly, which was great since I came in tired, late at night. Quiet location off the main avenue, clean room, comfortable bed, and easy parking. I think this is going to become my go-to hotel for my business trips to Edmonton area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Leah_Icalla, Manager at Ramada Edmonton International Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear TCKtraveler8,

It's an immense pleasure to know that we have met the expecations of a top TripAdvisor contributor like you. In behalf of the team, we are grateful for your time creating a review of your recent. Our harworking team is truly rewarded by your lovely comments! We hope to see you again on your next business trip to the Edmonton area. Take care TCKtraveler8!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed at the Ramada for two nights on a business trip. It is an older hotels but very clean. The staff is incredibly nice and the service is excellent. The rooms are showing their wear but overall quite good. Wifi signal is strong and held the signal. The water pressure was excellent.

The one thing I hated about this hotel was how it was set up. As my first time to this hotel it took me about 20 minutes to find my way to my room on the 3rd floor. If you have a difficult time walking the elevator is very far from the front desk.

There is no room service but you can order from the restaurant and go pick it up.

There is also ample parking for vehicles. My big truck had no time finding a place to park.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Leah_Icalla, Manager at Ramada Edmonton International Airport, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hello KaraL1,

Thank you for taking time writing a review of your recent stay with us. It's great to hear you received an excellent service from our well-trained associates. They are all geared up for the best service in the area you could ever find! It's also grood to know that you took advantage of the ample parking space, the strong wifi signal and the excellent water pressure in our taps and showers.

In behalf of the RamadaEIA Team, please accept my apology for the inconvenience of finding our elevators as well as lacking of room service. We are always looking for ways to improve and we really appreciate your comments.

Again, thank you for giving us feedback of your recent stay. We hope to provide you with a superior experience next time.
Carleton Place, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

I chose the Ramada because it is near the Edmonton airport and I have generally had good experiences with Ramada in the past. The hotel was easy to get to driving in from Northern Alberta. I was greeted by a very pleasant front desk clerk. When I travel alone I generally choose upgraded rooms and flights. In this case I choice a King Suite with fireplace and hot tub. I was satisfied with the cleanliness of the room. I like cold rooms when travelling and I have to say the air conditioner in this room, albeit a little noisy when running, worked very well, better than almost any other room I have stayed in over the years. The fireplace was gas powered and was not as good as I was expecting. This is a small complaint as I didn't make much use of it anyways.
What stood out about this room more than anything else was the lack of free power outlets. When I travel I carry a lot of gadgets that need to be plugged in to charge overnight. I ended up having to unplug some in-room appliances (cordless telephone and coffee maker) in order to charge my toys. I was very surprised about this as I had stayed at the Ramada in Westlock and they had a large bank of free outlets available at the desk to plug items into. According to the supervisor/manager on-duty they are in the process of improving this so I will see the next time I stay at this hotel.
When I travel I am very sensitive to outside noises. I found this hotel better than average for hallway and adjacent room noise. Even though the window in the room faced the parking lot the amount of noise I heard outside was minimal. Granted I stayed for one night during the middle of the week when there is less traffic - I cannot say how much more noise there would be on the weekend.
I did not use the pool but did try the gym. There were two treadmills - one was powered up but I was not able to get it working. The other one worked however the LCD display was smashed so I wasn't able to make the best use of it. There was a decent selection of weight and cardio equipment and I was satisfied even though the door to the exercise room was not locked and could be accessible by anyone.
There is a family-themed restaurant attached to the hotel and there are restaurants attached to other hotels nearby so getting something to eat without having to travel from the hotel isn't difficult.
My overall impression of this Ramada is that it is a few years older, caters to families or casual business travelers needing an established hotel to stay at. The rooms are priced at a fair or average price. The hotel is very near the airport. Based on my experience on this stay I would give this hotel a 3.5 rating. There were some obvious smaller attention-to-detail improvements that should be made and the hotel has the feel of being on the verge of being somewhat dated. On the other hand there were were enough small perks that I can recommend this to a leisure traveler or to families with kids. The customer service was very good overall and the clerk did something I rarely encounter - a phone call to the room after I had just arrived to make sure everything was ok.

Room Tip: As a traveler very sensitive to noise I have these recommendations - choose a room on the highest fl...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Leah_Icalla, Manager at Ramada Edmonton International Airport, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Hello David Z,

Thank you for taking time giving feedback of your recent stay here on Trip Advisor. Indeed the Ramada EIA is an easy access from Highway 2. I myself has been very fortunate to work with a group of professional team members who always deliver excellent customer service. It reflects as well with our numerous awards how clean, quiet and comfortable our rooms are.

On the other hand, I am very disappointed that we did not came close to your expectations, technology-wise. On behalf of the Team, please accept my apology for the inconveniences. As we have shown you our samples of power outlet options that we are currently evaluating and explained that we are in the process of acquiring them, please know that we are expecting this project to be completed very soon. With regard to our treadmills, we acknowledged that one of the LCD displays have a small damage on it which occurred a day prior to your arrival. It is workable though but we have reported this for replacement as we know how it can be a challenge at times for some guests. We are expecting our fitness facility provider, who was just here last week to add another equipment, to service this one treadmill within this week. We have continuously done public areas and room renovations, and please know that we are working on a lot of upcoming ones. In this market, we acknowledged the fact that we have to keep on upgrading to suit well to our guests needs.

Again, please accept our apology as we were not able to demonstrate fully the quality that placed us as one of the top hotels in the Leduc and Nisku area. Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve. We all hope that you'll give us another opportunity to serve you again for an improved guest experience.The Ramada EIA Team wishes you the best of the season!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leduc
Executive Hotel Alexandra at Edmonton Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Edmonton International Airport
Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel
Executive Royal Hotel Leduc-Nisku
Wingate by Wyndham Edmonton Airport
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Edmonton Airport & Conference Centre

Been to Ramada Edmonton International Airport? Share your experiences!