“it great”

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Leduc
Edmonton, Canada
“it great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

come for lunch pretty much every day and food is great, heather with her service in the lounge is wonderful, staff is friendly, a little pricy for the food but large portions, excellent buffet, big selection, 'aaa' steaks are more than tender, overall most enjoyable for an eating place for me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
GSM-ERI, Front Office Manager at Executive Royal Hotel Leduc-Nisku, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for the warm comments on how much you are enjoying your meals while dining with us and that the staff here at the Executive Royal Inn took care of your needs. Look forward to seeing you back very soon.

Jason

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Arviat, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

No wifi only wired Internet. It's close to the airport and has a shuttle but you can't park your vehicle there while traveling.. Instead you have to walk across to the pay and park. Breakfast was disappointing. They had a buffet but I opted to order off the menu. Otherwise fine.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
To "In impressive",

I do apologize that your stay with us was not everything that you were expecting and that the meal you had did not meet up to your standards. We continue to work very hard everytime to make sure that we exceed our customers expectations. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to show you that we can not only meet but exceed what you may be looking for!

Only want to comment on a couple things that you brought up. one is that we do have both complimentary wired as well wireless internet through-out the hotel, and it is correct we do not offer long term parking (for our customers own peice of mind) but that there is a complimentary shuttle to and from your vehicle when parked at one of the long term parking locations. I hope this helps in the future.

Yellowknife
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I spent two nights in the newer part of this hotel... it is conveniently located (first stop on the multi-hotel shuttle from the airport). The rooms were nice - beds are comfy... cleanliness was good... BUT the front desk staff were not incredibly helpful - and certainly not extraordinarily happy to see us. I would have expected the service (at the very least smile...) to be a bit better.

Room Tip: It is close to train tracks... so you should ask for a room on the other side...as well, there is a...
Hi MelLW,

I appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule to post your review to let us know how we are doing. I am truly sorry that the service you received was less then steller and that my staff failed to make you feel welcome upon your arrival. I will continue to work with my staff and remind others to be aware of their surrondings and remember it is you our customer that is most important!

I am happy to know that you were able to relax in our new beds and that the rooms were spotless.... I hope to see you again and that you receive the attention that you deserve when staying with us here at the Executive Royal Inn.

Calgary
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

I've stayed here often in the past and this used to be a lovely hotel. This time, I found garbage behind my bed (when I dropped something back there); the hallways looked like they had not been swept in a long time; room service platters lined the hall and were never picked up during my stay. I could not get the TV to work, and they replaced bedside lamps with hideous fluorescent overhead lamps - yuk!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GSM-ERI, Front Office Manager at Executive Royal Hotel Leduc-Nisku, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for your posting your review Carefreemommy,

I apologize that we did not meet up with your expectations on this stay with us here at the Executive Royal Inn - Leduc. With your comments I am working to fix these issues immediately with the departments concerned.

Each and every day we strive to met everyones expectations and I realize we missed this with your stay but please know we will continue to improve and ensure these mistakes don't happen again.

Jason Pollmeier
Guest Service Manager
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

A GOOD option for those transiting through Edmonton Airport, but my advice is don’t arrive hungry as the room-service department is a bit short on efficiency.

I arrived at the hotel late in the afternoon, very hungry from a long day of travelling and most keen to eat, and it took two hours to get a meal delivered to my room.

First it took an hour for someone to take my order – the first few times I rang room service there was no answer, the front desk then promised to leave a message to get the kitchen to call and that didn’t happen, so I started calling again and was finally successful 60 minutes after I started trying – and then another hour from my hamburger to arrive at my door.

On the upside the food was hot, delicious and very filling.

The other good things worth mentioning were the shuttle service linking the hotel and airport, the front-desk attendant was helpful, there’s free wifi in the lobby and sometimes in my room, the pillows were fluffy and comfortable, the window opened to let in some fresh air, and the hairdryer was powerful.

I recommend the hotel, just eat before arriving and perhaps visit the restaurant rather than trying for room service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the railway line.
Hi Carpe,

I would like to let you know your comments are much appreciated and I was pleased to pass these on to those that it reflected on. Our Head Chef was pleased and continues to work with his group to keep producing the food our guests have come to enjoy....

On the otherside I have talked with our Director of Food & Beverage to look more into what happen and to find a solution to this so that none of our guests are left hungry for any length of time. I know there will always be moments when there could be a delay but that we will work on making sure that our valued customers are made aware at all times.

We look forward to hopefully seeing you again the next time you are travelling abroad!

Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We recently stayed at the hotel over the September long weekend.

While we arrived at the hotel early, there wasn't much of a problem getting checked in at such an early hour. The girl at the front desk gave us a choice of taking the room that was available or waiting for something else once it was cleaned. We took what was available.

The room itself is fairly standard, no real bells and whistles. It did have a slightly musty smell, but appeared clean, aside from some rocks on the carpet when we first walked in. The bathroom was standard and unfortunately the drain in the sink wouldn't drain, unless we played around with the stopper for a few minutes each time. This grew into an larger annoyance each time we tried to do something like brush our teeth and shave.

The biggest complaint that we had with this hotel was the noise in the rooms. We ended up checking out first thing in the morning due to lack of sleep. Slamming doors all night long, toilets flushing in the rooms beside us, and the occassional sneeze from the rooms next door. Not to mention a bed that each time you rolled over sounded like it would fall apart.

The resteraunt on site was not very good at all. Food delivery took over 1 hour (appears our waitress didn't put the order in) and food was average if anything.

If we were to return to Leduc we would not choose this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor at the end of a hallway.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ElleBee31
Glace Bay, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel several times. The hotel is nice and rooms are up to date. The bed was quite comfortable. The staff are very accommodating. The only issue I had was my room was facing the railway tracks and several trains went through with horns blasting!! My fault for forgetting to request a room on the other side of the building.

• Stayed August 2012