Hilton Garden Inn Edmonton International Airport
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$71
$75
$84
Stars Inn(Leduc)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskrestaurant bargreat hotelbusiness centerbusiness stayindustrial areapark and flyshuttle servicerecommend this hotelupon checkedmonton international airportrooms were very cleanrestaurant staffother hotelsone night stayan early morning flighthot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We really liked our stay in this hotel. It is new and clean. The beds were great and we both had good sleeps. We were disappointed that the pool was not operational during our entire stay and that we didn't know this prior to booking. The restaurant food was ok, but nevertheless we really enjoyed leisurely time there. The hotel is close to the airport; we had a rental car, so that was fine for us. One concern was that there was no-one in housekeeping to clean up a broken wine bottle that fell out of the fridge door compartment.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Anil S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Edmonton International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

I thank you for your feedback and we are appreciative of the fact that you have spared time out of your schedule to apprise us.
All remedial measures have been taken in place to avoid reoccurrence of the issue you raised. I apologize for the pool being closed. It was a part of preventative maintenance Please do accept our apologies for the inconvenience you had to go through due to this. We are taking a serious view of the issue and all focus has been granted to the subject.
Once again, it will be our pleasure to welcome you back with us.
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed January 22, 2013

The pipes clang all night long and you can't sleep. When we reported it to the front desk, they advised that they had received this complaint before but obviously had done nothing about it. The restaurant was set up like a continental breakfast and the waitress did not offer us a menu. There was a waffle station, two bowls with some fruit in them, a tost/pastry station and some yogurt sitting out and juice. We each had some toast and a drink and were charged $19.97!!!! It was set up exactly like a continental breakfast. We would have went to McDonalds if we knew we had to pay for it. Front desk staff was not helpful at all. Really disappointed because we always stay at a Hilton brand hotel. This location has really gone down hill since last spring when we stayed there.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank NEWilson
Anil S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Edmonton International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback of your recent stay with us. We appreciate your honesty in regards to room comfort and our breakfast layout and offerings. We apologize you were disappointed in your experience and we will use your comments as we look for ways to improve our guests' satisfaction moving forward.
We take serious view of each guest's comment. I have addressed the matter with our F & B Manager. As a new property and built with new technology and appropriate specification - per Hilton Worldwide standards, we normally do not get this kind of complaint of noise. I would be delighted to explore the issue if you wish to share with me in specific, the comments, if any our team member expressed to that nature. I look forward to hearing from you.
We hope to have another opportunity to show you the quality service and amenities you expect from us should you visit our area in the future.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Very happy with the front desk's excellent service and friendly demeanor. We checked out prior to when the restaurant opened, so missed the opportunity to eat breakfast and didn't sample their pantry of food available all day. The room was located near the elevators which caused initial worry, but the room was quiet and we were not disturbed. The room itself was very spacious with ample opportunity to spread out and easily accommodated our numerous suitcases. Bathrooms are simple but updated. The only slight disappointment I encountered was when I discovered that there was only decaf coffee in the room - a minor detail, but when waking up in the early morning hours to catch a flight, a source of caffeine is appreciated.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Anil S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Edmonton International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

I thank you for your positive and encouraging feedback and we are appreciative of the fact that you have spared time out of your schedule to apprise us.

It is our customers that assist us tremendously in improving our standards. I will surely share your feedback with our team and this does serve as a morale boost for them.

I have noted your comment regarding the availability of coffee and have addressed this with our Executive Housekeeping Manager. Rest assured we will take all measures to look after clients.

Once again, it will be our pleasure to welcome you back with us.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Very new so it was immaculate. I was travelling with my 94 yr old grandmother and this staff went out of there waybtoassist in any way they could. Rooms were delightful with super comfy beds. Foods was great especially the scrumptious desserts. Better than any overnight hotels previously
Stayed at in edmonton. Well done and thank you. No problem recommending you. Just keep up service levels.

Room Tip: Quiet no services near by isolated cannot hear traffic or airplanes
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Anil S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Edmonton International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Allow me to thank you for your words of appreciation. I would surely take the opportuinity of sharing this with our team.

It gives us immense pleasure to see our guest go an extra mile to record their experience and I am truly grateful for the time you spent doing this.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Wishes of happiness and peace to your Grandmother!

May God bless you and her!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed here twice in November, a week apart. The first stay was quite good but the second stay was a disaster in every possible way.

For the first stay, the room was good, the Honors Gold amenities were present, the breakfast was great, including attentive service. There was even a welcoming form letter from the General Manager.

On check out, I confirmed my next reservation, that we'd be back in one week and would arriving exhausted at midnight, after a 12 hour travel day.

Upon arrival this time, I wish I'd stayed anywhere else. The room was 13 degrees C on check in at midnight, and there is no extra blanket. We shivered for 30 minutes, waiting for the room to come up to an acceptable temperature.

In the morning, I sent my breakfast back 4 times. I was also never informed that my Honors Gold breakfast voucher had a limited value.

The front desk manager was a very empathetic lady who heard us out regarding the above and much, much more. We were about to leave, feeling that someone actually cared, when the Operations Manager made the terrible mistake of butting in on our conversation with the very processional front desk clerk. This manager blamed icy rooms on the Hilton Head Office green policy and said that they were ordered by HO to keep the rooms cold. HO denies this and I know who I believe.

I sent a 4 page letter to Hilton HO, outlining the many issues we experienced and, to their credit, they also seemed to care. The action they took will keep me as a Hilton customer, but just not at this property, ever again.

Next time, I'll opt for the Hampton Inn down the street, another Hilton brand. They seem to get consistent good reviews.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gent47
Anil S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Edmonton International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

We take every single comment of the guest with absolute integrity and honesty. It is unfortunate that this episode leaves me awestruck simply because we do not have any Operations Manager. We have an unwritten policy of attending to the situation right away with constructive and coherent step. I would be delighted to investigate the subject further. You mentioned that you had to send back breakfast 4 times. May I please get some more information through my personal mail – anil.sood@hilton.com
I am quite dismayed at the comment about the icy rooms in the hotel are due to Hilton Worldwide Green policy. If I could get some information on the person who spoke these words will come as huge help. As I mentioned we do not have any “Operations Manager”. It does require some more clarification from your side so that we both know and understand the intensity and seriousness of the issue and thereby the resolution.
I assure you that not only we will attend to the problem but will also revert to you with an appropriate address of the situation. With the recent change in the management, we do not get such comments. I am really looking forward to delving more into the issues and humble grateful for sharing with us your experience.
Once again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you have had to go through and look forward to resolving the issues you faced.