“Save your money!!! Don't stay at this property.”

Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Leduc
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The pipes clang all night long and you can't sleep. When we reported it to the front desk, they advised that they had received this complaint before but obviously had done nothing about it. The restaurant was set up like a continental breakfast and the waitress did not offer us a menu. There was a waffle station, two bowls with some fruit in them, a tost/pastry station and some yogurt sitting out and juice. We each had some toast and a drink and were charged $19.97!!!! It was set up exactly like a continental breakfast. We would have went to McDonalds if we knew we had to pay for it. Front desk staff was not helpful at all. Really disappointed because we always stay at a Hilton brand hotel. This location has really gone down hill since last spring when we stayed there.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank NEWilson
Anil S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Edmonton International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback of your recent stay with us. We appreciate your honesty in regards to room comfort and our breakfast layout and offerings. We apologize you were disappointed in your experience and we will use your comments as we look for ways to improve our guests' satisfaction moving forward.
We take serious view of each guest's comment. I have addressed the matter with our F & B Manager. As a new property and built with new technology and appropriate specification - per Hilton Worldwide standards, we normally do not get this kind of complaint of noise. I would be delighted to explore the issue if you wish to share with me in specific, the comments, if any our team member expressed to that nature. I look forward to hearing from you.
We hope to have another opportunity to show you the quality service and amenities you expect from us should you visit our area in the future.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Very happy with the front desk's excellent service and friendly demeanor. We checked out prior to when the restaurant opened, so missed the opportunity to eat breakfast and didn't sample their pantry of food available all day. The room was located near the elevators which caused initial worry, but the room was quiet and we were not disturbed. The room itself was very spacious with ample opportunity to spread out and easily accommodated our numerous suitcases. Bathrooms are simple but updated. The only slight disappointment I encountered was when I discovered that there was only decaf coffee in the room - a minor detail, but when waking up in the early morning hours to catch a flight, a source of caffeine is appreciated.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Anil S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Edmonton International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

I thank you for your positive and encouraging feedback and we are appreciative of the fact that you have spared time out of your schedule to apprise us.

It is our customers that assist us tremendously in improving our standards. I will surely share your feedback with our team and this does serve as a morale boost for them.

I have noted your comment regarding the availability of coffee and have addressed this with our Executive Housekeeping Manager. Rest assured we will take all measures to look after clients.

Once again, it will be our pleasure to welcome you back with us.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Very new so it was immaculate. I was travelling with my 94 yr old grandmother and this staff went out of there waybtoassist in any way they could. Rooms were delightful with super comfy beds. Foods was great especially the scrumptious desserts. Better than any overnight hotels previously
Stayed at in edmonton. Well done and thank you. No problem recommending you. Just keep up service levels.

Room Tip: Quiet no services near by isolated cannot hear traffic or airplanes
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Anil S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Edmonton International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Allow me to thank you for your words of appreciation. I would surely take the opportuinity of sharing this with our team.

It gives us immense pleasure to see our guest go an extra mile to record their experience and I am truly grateful for the time you spent doing this.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Wishes of happiness and peace to your Grandmother!

May God bless you and her!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed here twice in November, a week apart. The first stay was quite good but the second stay was a disaster in every possible way.

For the first stay, the room was good, the Honors Gold amenities were present, the breakfast was great, including attentive service. There was even a welcoming form letter from the General Manager.

On check out, I confirmed my next reservation, that we'd be back in one week and would arriving exhausted at midnight, after a 12 hour travel day.

Upon arrival this time, I wish I'd stayed anywhere else. The room was 13 degrees C on check in at midnight, and there is no extra blanket. We shivered for 30 minutes, waiting for the room to come up to an acceptable temperature.

In the morning, I sent my breakfast back 4 times. I was also never informed that my Honors Gold breakfast voucher had a limited value.

The front desk manager was a very empathetic lady who heard us out regarding the above and much, much more. We were about to leave, feeling that someone actually cared, when the Operations Manager made the terrible mistake of butting in on our conversation with the very processional front desk clerk. This manager blamed icy rooms on the Hilton Head Office green policy and said that they were ordered by HO to keep the rooms cold. HO denies this and I know who I believe.

I sent a 4 page letter to Hilton HO, outlining the many issues we experienced and, to their credit, they also seemed to care. The action they took will keep me as a Hilton customer, but just not at this property, ever again.

Next time, I'll opt for the Hampton Inn down the street, another Hilton brand. They seem to get consistent good reviews.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gent47
Anil S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Edmonton International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

I thank you for your feedback and we are appreciative of the fact that you have spared time out of your schedule to apprise us.
We take every single comment of the guest with absolute integrity and honesty. It is unfortunate that this episode leaves me awestruck simply because we do not have any Operations Manager. We have an unwritten policy of attending to the situation right away with constructive and coherent step. I would be delighted to investigate the subject further. You mentioned that you had to send back breakfast 4 times. May I please get some more information through my personal mail – anil.sood@hilton.com
I am quite dismayed at the comment about the icy rooms in the hotel are due to Hilton Worldwide Green policy. If I could get some information on the person who spoke these words will come as huge help. As I mentioned we do not have any “Operations Manager”. It does require some more clarification from your side so that we both know and understand the intensity and seriousness of the issue and thereby the resolution.
I assure you that not only we will attend to the problem but will also revert to you with an appropriate address of the situation. With the recent change in the management, we do not get such comments. I am really looking forward to delving more into the issues and humble grateful for sharing with us your experience.
Once again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you have had to go through and look forward to resolving the issues you faced.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was delayed by a storm at the Edmonton Airport and had been waiting at the airport all day when my flight was cancelled. I called the Hilton Garden Inn in Leduc and they had a suite for me which was great. This was my first stay at this Hilton.
Free shuttle bus picked me up at the airport which was good but the hotel was a different experience from what I am used to. The Hotel appears new and clean but has a cold feel to it just can't out my finger on it but I did not feel the warmth in the lobby that I feel at other Hilton Garden Inns. Only one person on check in so a bit of a wait but that was ok, when i checked in even though I had used by Honors number for the reservation I was not recognized as a Gold nor was I offered any of my privilages so I had to ask for a bottle of water etc, no complimentary breakfast was ever offered so that was dissapointing.
Room was very clean and large, location of the hotel is out in the middle of nowhere so the dining option was the hotel only. The service started out ok then went from ok to bad very quickly, terrible service combined with a rubber steak which was not fit for human consumtion, I ended up leaving with out eating dinner.
In the morning the staff were much more effcient and seemed to actually care and even called the airport shuttle as it was late picking us up so I did appreciate the concern.
I hate to say this but I would never stay at this hotel again as the Hilton culture somehow missed this hotel completly, there is a Hamton down the road which looked like a much better bet IMHO.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and go to the Hamton Inn down the road
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Moduline
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

After an hour trying to find the property we had an okay stay!Address is not recognized in the GPS and took us to a residential area. Grr! Property is a little hidden but it is brand new. Let us park for free during our trip away. Shuttle to airport was right on time and was a quick trip to airport for an early flight. Room was standard, had a problem with the faucet falling off in the tub but other than that okay stay. A little pricey!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Spent the night there last weekend to celebrate my daughter's 11th Birthday (myself and 4 girls).

The Hotel was nice and new, check in was a breeze and the exceptional service was welcomed by us all! We stayed in a King suite, the bed was extremely comfortable and the rooms and double bathrooms were clean.

Although we did not eat in the restaurant, we tried the pool and the hot tub. The kids had a lot of fun, we were allowed to bring in our own balls and toys, and the temperature was perfect...needless to say I enjoyed soaking in the hot tub, you can sit and relax while easily keeping an eye on the children.

The pantry was convenient, there is convenient business center and fitness rom. I would gladly stay again, thank you Hilton for a lovely weekend and wonderful memories!

Room Tip: Corner King suite is spacious.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leduc
Hampton Inn & Suites Edmonton International Airport
Wingate by Wyndham Edmonton Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton International Airport
Days Inn & Suites Edmonton Airport
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Edmonton Airport & Conference Centre
Wyndham Garden Edmonton Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Edmonton International Airport? Share your experiences!