Hilton Garden Inn Edmonton International Airport
GreenLeadersBronze level
Calgary, Canada
“Not so great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights for work. First of all, the address they sent me and the address online is not easily punched into a GPS and found. When I called the hotel for directions they knew this, maybe they could have given me a heads up or include directions in the email they sent. I understand it is a new road but they can explain that upon booking.

I was surprised breakfast was not included, either way, it would have been nice to have a menu or buffet instead of one guy asking you what you wanted because he didn't get it right either time.

I found the walls to be thin in this hotel, I could hear a lot of noise from other rooms. My room was okay, I wanted a king bed but they were not available. I am a new Hilton honors member so I am trying it out to see if I like it. Although I am finding it may restrict my options on quality hotels. Normally the Hilton is a guaranteed choice for a quality hotel but this time I was not impressed with the quality of service.

I hope my next stay at the Hilton will be much better. I will soon be back to the Edmonton area for work but I will not be staying at this hotel, unless I have to.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Seanbh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed here shortly after they opened. Everyone seemed nervous and unsure of their jobs. Check in was awkward. The breakfast buffet was sparse and poorly stocked. No change several months later. They are in desperate need of an experienced manager who can smarten things up. The kind yet bumbling waiter is the only staff person around in the morning. No one is over 25 and it seems to be their first job in the hotel industry. Better take a close look at this property Mr. Hilton!

Room Tip: Rooms are all good, quiet, clean. Good TV.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Maleo32
Calgary
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Our first time staying at this Garden Inn. A little concerned when we first pulled up to hotel, numerous fire trucks in front of hotel due to a fire that occurred that day in one of their dryers and for the duration of our stay at avery acidic smell in the main floor/lobby area. Overall nice hotel recently opened but the property itself needs some landscaping, surrounded by dirt/mud. They upgraded us to aone bedroom suite, very spacious. They must be a little short staffed based on our first night and requesting some foam pillows the front desk clerk had to bring them up. The restaurant is OK, decent breakfast, not included , but made to order. I found the AC a little noisy in the living room where our daughter slept on the sofa bed, surprising for such a new hotel.

Room Tip: if looking for extra space get a one bedroom, it has two bathrooms and tons of room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Traveller13Calgary
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

I am a regular commercial traveller to the Leduc / Nisku industrial areas. Over the past two years I have been here about once every six weeks. I require meals and boardroom availability so my options for stay here were pretty limited before this hotel opened. (I used to stay at the Executive Royal - friendly staff, but the rooms next to the railroad track are TO BE AVOIDED.) I was looking forward to this hotel opening, but my first stays were pretty disappointing. There was one hotel manager - Carol Kruger - who just did not seem to care about anything. Once I almost swore I would not stay here again, mostly because of her service. And I thought about doing something I honestly am not inclined to do - write a negative review. But I am happy to say the property has had a sea change in my past three stays in the past three months. It is a beautiful hotel and should not be let down by sub-grade front desk service. An 'A' for effort (and success) guys! Now, the quality of some of your dinner items still leaves something to be desireda

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Krista C
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

I was just looking over the photos that is posted of all the Hotels amenities... they are not taken from this HOTEL. The boardroom does not look like the photo totally different table and shaped room, the Banquet room is much smaller with different light fixtures and wall coverings, the breakfast Buffet and does not look like the photo the decor on the walls (wall paper, tile and wood trim) cold ice well and cupboard storage... and by far the Kitchen is not that spotless and clean (I would never eat there, very Dirty Kitchen). The Business center is completely wrong it is not as large as the photo and most defiantly does not have a large photo copier as the picture shows. What a fraud... these owners are so cheep they have to use other hotels photos instead of getting their own taken. The only thing keeping this hotel going is the staff that choose to stay because they are are afraid of admitting to failure by accepting a position with honorable owners.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Traveledalot99
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

Great location for an overnighter for an early flight. Kind of in the middle of nowhere but it is brand new. The community will eventually come to them. It has everything you need for a short stay. Good restaurant (a little pricey though) and bar, a pool with hot tub and a great fitness room. Rooms are spacious, clean and extremely comfortable, with all the ammenities (HDTV, fridge, microwave, coffee, good WiFi connection). Staff is very friendly and service is top notch. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Hornet_441
Saskatchewan, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

A little too new for my liking, seemed like a hospital. If it ever gets surrounded by other businesses it will be much nicer. Only walking distance restaurant is in the lobby, and it seemed like the food was rather pre-packaged. I should have booked at the Hampton down the road as it seemed to have more action... Will return next time if nothing else available.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business