“For the price and location, its great”

Travelodge Edmonton Airport
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Leduc
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Yes, the rooms are dated, but we found them just fine. The continental breakfast is good, and we found the service just fine. I guess we have never stayed in the so-called "smelly" rooms. I would not stay in a Travelodge in Edmonton (worst hotels I've ever stayed in), but have never found an issue with this one.

NOTE: I originally booked the hotel through "Hotelsavings.com". A mistake! Don't ever use this service! They gave us the same rate I could get directly through the hotel, but charges $20 more in fees. I cancelled immediately and lost $10 non-refundable fee. Also, if I had cancelled my reservation after 24 hours of booking it, I lose everything, whereas if I cancelled through hotel, I could cancel up to the day I reserved. There is absolutely no benefit to using Hotelsavings.com - it is a moneygrab!

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Edmonton Airport

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I would never stay there again! Dirty, smelly and unpleasant employees. Only thing going for them is the location and the size of the rooms. It smells like cheap wine, cigarettes and it seems like there are a lot of "ladies of the night". I didn't feel safe and couldn't bring myself to go They need new management, new décor, better breakfast and facelift. The place has potential, but I would not recommend it at it's current state.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Do not stay here! Bedbugs, filthy used linens in room!
After a late flight into Edmonton I needed a room to sleep in for a few hours till my ride could pick me up. I arrived at the Travelodge around 1am, and heard the male desk clerk telling the person ahead of me "This hotel sucks! Go to Days Inn across the road". I should have walked out right then, as the night didn't get any better. When I got to my room and turned back the cover on the bed, the white sheet underneath was COVERED in hair -- it looked like it hadn't been changed for ages. There was short hair, long hair....GROSS. I didn't look any farther, flipped the cover back up and slept on top of the cover in my winter coat. Even worse, a week later I got several bites on my legs -- I suspect bedbug eggs stuck to my suitcase from the carpet in the Travelodge room and came home with me.
I've done a lot of travelling in Canada and internationally, and been in many budget motels, this is by FAR the worst I have ever been in.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank ClariceAdams
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed at the Travelodge on January 2nd. I booked our night because I could leave our truck there for a low cost and get the shuttle to the airport. First of all... the room stinks... I mean the smell isn't enjoyable the say the least. We stay with our 11 year old daughter and her and my husband wouldn't even get under the covers . I asked TWICE to have the aiport shuttle ready for us at 4:25 am. And made sure it was booked. The lady at the front desk never booked our spot for the shuttle. Its a good thing the shuttle wasn't full as the man at the front desk booked AGAIN when we were waiting for it at 4am. I wanted to take a bath but only the shower was working. Its a good thing Punta Cana was nice and warm to make us forget our un-enjoyable stay at the Travelodge. This motel is situated in a very bad spot in a dark corner behind KFC.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leduc
Wingate by Wyndham Edmonton Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Edmonton International Airport
Best Western Plus Edmonton Airport Hotel
Best Western Premier Denham Inn & Suites
Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton International Airport
Ramada Edmonton International Airport

Been to Travelodge Edmonton Airport? Share your experiences!