“I am celiac and was unable to take part in the breakfast...”

Super 8 Edmonton International Airport
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Leduc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed March 15, 2013

WE arrived at the hotel at 2am and our reservation had been held and our room was ready. We needed to flop into bed at that point. The room was NOT heated and we woke up freezing. Really freezing. Because of such a late flight, we didn't have the capacity to investigate where the controls were, I just knew they were not on the wall. then I tried dressing in everything I had, lay under a very thin assortment of blankets (*?) they had and rested for the remaining few hours trying to ignore the biting cold. Realized where the heat was the next morn. They had beds, that's what we needed but little more than a few bagels, eggo waffles, and toast for breakfast. Overall, the stay was quick, quiet and cold. But then again, we were just returning from the tropics. Brrr....snowstorm.

Room Tip: learn where the a/c or heat is before sleeping otherwise you may be freezing in the winter. Otherwi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
s8edairport, General Manager at Super 8 Edmonton International Airport, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time from your trip to review our hotel. We appreciate all comments and concerns that our guests offer. They are a valuable tool from which all of our team members may learn and grow. Journey safely.
Iqaluit, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here in February, having chosen the hotel for it's proximity to the airport and reasonable price. I rented a car at the airport and parking at this hotel is free, however it can be difficult to find a parking spot. The person at the front desk was not particularly friendly. There were signs up about receiving Aeroplan points with your stay. When I asked if I could collect Aeroplan points, she simply replied "no". When I inquired further about the signs, she did tell me that I could collect them if I signed up for Wyndham Rewards. To me, that means the answer should have been "yes". I have since signed up for the rewards and did indeed get Aeroplan points for my stay that night.

The room was not as clean as I would like and in need of an update. The first bed I turned down had hair on the sheets. Luckily I had a room with two beds so was able to sleep in the other bed. The bathroom was small but otherwise fine. From other reviews, it sounds like this hotel may be in the process of being updated. I hope this is the case.

My room was just around the corner from the front desk and, unfortunately, I was woken at approximately 4:45 am by someone either checking in or out. In the morning, there was a continental breakfast. It was well stocked with bread, cereal, juice, coffee, tea, and I was satisfied with the quality and choice of the food.

Things to note: there is a computer in the lobby that is free for guests to use. There is also a car rental desk in the lobby (I think for Dollar Rent-a-Car). If you are looking to rent a car, this is useful to know as airport locations usually charge a higher fee than offsite locations. The hotel offers a free shuttle to/from the airport. I didn't use it so can't comment on the service.

Pros: location, price (although there are less expensive options nearby), good continental breakfast, free parking, free internet, free shuttle to/from airport

Cons: lobby and rooms in need of an update, lacklustre customer service, rooms need to be cleaner

I would not stay at this hotel again. On my return trip I found a hotel slightly further from the airport but less expensive and much cleaner.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the front desk as early morning check-ins/check-outs may wake you up.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Super 8. Your comments and concerns have been addressed with all of our team members. Renovations are complete. Come and check out our new look.
Whitehorse
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Hotel is beiing totaly remodeled and we stayed on the top floor which has already been done. Everything is new and very appealing,including the hallway. Once the lobby is done you would never know it was an older hotel.current hotel staff are true ambassedors to their province and definately show the true home style Albertan freindliness. The reason for picking this hotel was the fact that there is a car rental (off airport) in the hotel which was $ 40.00 per day cheaper than the A/P rate, also because of our late arrival and car rental timing so we didn`t pay an extra day for nothing.The shuttle service was exceptional and prompt from and to the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your kind words. We are so glad that you like our newly renovated look. The rooms truly are amazing. We hope that we will remain your choice of hotels when your travels bring you this way. Thanks again.