“Great price and location to Airport”

Best Western Plus Edmonton Airport Hotel
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Leduc
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 28, 2011

This hotel is great if you are flying out of the Edmonton Int. airport. It's got the best prices of any of the airport hotels and the parking is free while you are away. There is also a free shuttle to run you to the airport. The rooms and hotel are just average, but the price and location are great if you are just crashing a night before a trip.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 7, 2011

I had to leave my car at the airport but found out that the hotel offers a free parking for some days with one night hotel stay. This is an incredible deal. Of course there was a free shuttle to the airport.

Room was clean, comfortable and cozy. Bar and restaurant were also attached to the hotel. This hotel may not be the best for high end travelers because of an age of the building but the rate beats everything. I don't think there is any hotel around airport that offers lower rate.

It is "the most economical" hotel and you get every service that you need.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2011

I came in from northern Alberta. The shuttle from the airport was great. had a great sleep, however the atmosphere and the continental breakfast was just like home. Great place.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 10, 2010

very nice hotel, with shuttle to the airport every half hour, love the closeness on my trips to yellowknife. stay over night everytime, will go there again

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2010

This hotel offers several extra days free parking for each night's stay, and very low rates for parking after that. When I discovered (through reviews here and elsewhere) this information, and called the hotel to verify, it was a no-brainer. We only needed a place to sleep for a night before catching our plane, and a place to park the car for a week.

I figure we saved more than $30 over other local airport parking options, plus this was one of the least expensive hotels within a 10-minute or so drive to the Edmonton Airport (important as we had a 6:30 am flight out in the morning).

So it's a basic hotel, but if you are only sleeping there, who cares? The low initial cost of the night's stay, the parking deal, and the free, 24-7, every half-hour shuttle to and from the airport closed the deal for me, as those were all the essential components of making the Edmonton part of our voyage work smoothly. And I was not disappointed - everything worked out as advertised. Didn't even have to check back in on our return since we'd paid the extra parking in advance, just got off the shuttle, walked to the car, and headed home.

If you're just passing through Edmonton but need convenient, inexpensive accommodations close to the airport (especially if parking is involved), I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here while on our way from Banff to Jasper. Nothing special about it. We picked it because it was cheap and conveniently located for us. The room was big and had the usual motel amenities.

We didn't pay that much attention to the room because we had recently gotten together and were spending a lot of time being naughty! Though we got a double room, we somehow got a huge bed!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2010

I don't know where to start with this place.

It's badly run down. The carpets are old, worn out, and visibly stained in countless places.

They advertise free wireless internet. And yes they have it. But the signal is so weak that really, it's useless.

But the worst thing is the stink. The place smells. Bad. After about 10 minutes sitting in my room I had a headache. Horrendous.

And I'm a veteran traveler. I stay in a lot of hotels. I'm not especially picky. But there is no way in the world I would stay in this place again, even if they paid me.

The best thing they could do with this place is bulldoze it to the ground and build anew. I don't think any amount of renovation will get the stink out.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business