“Just your everyday value motel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Days Inn Edmonton Airport
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Leduc
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rehovot, Israel
“Just your everyday value motel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here while on our way from Banff to Jasper. Nothing special about it. We picked it because it was cheap and conveniently located for us. The room was big and had the usual motel amenities.

We didn't pay that much attention to the room because we had recently gotten together and were spending a lot of time being naughty! Though we got a double room, we somehow got a huge bed!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Okotoks, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2010

I don't know where to start with this place.

It's badly run down. The carpets are old, worn out, and visibly stained in countless places.

They advertise free wireless internet. And yes they have it. But the signal is so weak that really, it's useless.

But the worst thing is the stink. The place smells. Bad. After about 10 minutes sitting in my room I had a headache. Horrendous.

And I'm a veteran traveler. I stay in a lot of hotels. I'm not especially picky. But there is no way in the world I would stay in this place again, even if they paid me.

The best thing they could do with this place is bulldoze it to the ground and build anew. I don't think any amount of renovation will get the stink out.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank edinrb
Nelson, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2010

I stayed at this hotel recently and was treated like a dog. They still had not cleaned my room by 3pm after telling me they would clean it by 12noon and that guests cannot be in the room while it is being cleaned. I went out for 2 hours for nothing. I requested service 3 times at least and finally asked to speak to the manager and said I wanted to check out. She was rude and hostile and said "Good". I spoke to the manager, who was wearing a very low cut dress, and she was also rude and hostile and did not want to refund my money back contravening their 100% satisfaction guarantee promise. She finally refunded it and the front desk clerk, the same nasty, counted it out (she refused to let me count it) and she then grabbed a $50 bill and crumpled it into her fist and said she'd give it to me once I sign the form saying I got my money back. I told them I was thinking of suing them and will tell friends and others not to stay there. It felt good to walk out of there. Better to sleep on a park bench.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
6 Thank RUNDLESTONELODGE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2010

Had selected this hotel due to the online price vs other newer hotels and the fact that we were only needing to sleep for a few hours. The shuttle was convenient, check-in staff friendly. The room was a little less than I expected for 100+$$, in that it had not been renovated in ages, and while the room was tolerable, the bathroom was not. The shower showed many signs of mold and rust spots. Looking around the room, it did seem to be clean, simply needing to be refreshed. While waiting in the room in the morning, we did receive a call to let us know that shuttle would be leaving soon, which was a nice touch. I was joking with the check-out agent in regards to the rooms, and his response was courteous and made reference to the age of the building and that if it was a few more years old, it would have made the hotel charming....I must say, this response was a fun turn around and probably exactly what hotels should do if dealing with similar aged product.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2010

Didn't stay here long but the free shuttle to-and-from the airport was very convenient for us. The rooms were clean and average and what we expected from an airport hotel. The price was good - $79 with advance purchase. The on-site (sushi?) restaurant served us up a cheap & large portion breakfast. No complaints.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2010

I stayed here in the past when it was known as the Leduc Inn. The Days Inn brand took over the hotel approximately two years ago, and have definitely changed the place for the better although many Leduc Inn fixings remain.

The lobby has been brightened up and painted. It is still a bit awkward, but inviting. The stairs to the right of the front desk will take you up to your room if you're feeling active. I think this is a definite plus since most hotel staircases lead you to places unknown. Off the left is the restaurant and up above the desk is the exercise room. Just past the staircase is a small business center as well, that you can make use of for your computer needs.

Rooms themselves have changed a bit, but not dramatically. A curved shower-rod is very welcome, as are the new bath products. Other than that - I can't find many differences. The old furniture remains, although I'm pretty sure the mattresses are new (and comfortable). It's not that the rooms are bad - they are clean - but they aren't very practical. Most electrical outlets are used up with lamps and items in the room. The chairs aren't the most comfortable and everything just seems very basic. Nonetheless, the fridge/microwave in the room are great and overall the room is fine. Wireless is available for free in the room, and the signal has greatly improved since the last time I stayed here.

The old lounge has been turned into a conference centre, therefore it must be relatively small (since the lounge wasn't huge to begin with). I've yet to eat at the new restaurant, which seems to be Asian/American in menu type. I have, however, eaten at the pub attached to the hotel and although I thought it shared a kitchen with the hotel, the menu was incredibly smaller. The patio is great in the summer though.

There really isn't a whole lot to do around the hotel. There is a Sobey's grocery store next door, which is great if you'd like to pick up some food. The Leduc Lake is also within walking distance. Main Street is relatively close by as well, and a few other fast food places. I suppose you cannot expect a lot of action near an airport hotel, and this is fairly standard at this hotel.

Overall, the Days Inn is functional for an overnight but not a long term stay. It has a restaurant, a small gym, and clean rooms. For the price, you cannot ask for much more.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Ryjones
Moncton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2009

We just got back from visiting family in the Leduc area. Friends recommended that we stay at the Days Inn in Leduc. I am so glad we did!! From the moment we walked through the door we were treated like long lost family. We were greated and welcomed to the hotel. Caroll and Christina were just delights. We were there for 3 days, every member of the staff was out going, friendly. Rooms were clean and well appointed. We had 2 meals a day at the hotel, the food was excellent and very reasonably priced.
I would highly reccomend anyone to check this hotel out. For being an older property, it is well maintained. The staff is WONDERFUL!!!! I look forward to this summer for the family reunion

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple