“Great Stay! Exceeded my Expectations!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Days Inn Edmonton Airport
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Leduc
GreenLeadersBronze level
Calgary
“Great Stay! Exceeded my Expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2008

This was my first time in Edmonton for a family reunion, and the Days Inn seemed to be most reasonable in price considering the hotel brand/chain. I was expecting something fairly basic, but this stay completely exceeded my expectations. Apparently, the hotel had been refurbished recently by the new owners....and let me tell you....they did an outstanding job!! The rooms were clean and beds were very comfortable. The restaurant was both reasonbly priced and the food quality up to my standards! I stopped by the lounge on a friday night, and found it to be just recently renovated, and a happening place on the weekend! We had a great time! Woke up on saturday morning, and went to the fitness room, which was filled with great equipment....had myself a thorough workout! Fantastic stay....would highly recommend to both the business traveller and families alike...

• Liked — Value and Cleanliness
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank CalgaryJamie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2008

The only reason we booked this hotel was its very close proximity to Edmonton International Airport. It was the tail-end of our vacation, with a very early morning flight the next day, so all we were looking for was a decently priced, clean hotel closest to the airport. It worked out for the price (less than 100 Canadian dollars), but not so much with the clean part. The room itself was clean enough (in regard to bedsheets, a vacuumed floor, etc.), but it still looked a little dingy. The best thing we can say about our room was that there was still quite a bit of space even with the usual furniture you'd expect in a hotel room, a queen bed, a desk, and a little dinette set.

• Liked — Its close proximity to the airport
  • Disliked — The general upkeep of the room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2008

I booked our hotel on daysinn.com and printed out our confirmation. We arrived at the hotel around 5pm on the day of our check in. They couldn't find the reservation. I gave her the confirmation number and she said that it had been booked for the wrong day. I had the confirmation with me that clearly showed it was booked for the correct day. They basically said "oh, we will see what we can do for you." They had already charged my credit card even though I didn't want to pay by credit card (and couldn't reverse it, so now I am stuck having to make a credit card payment). I asked for the first floor and she originally gave me the top floor. I felt like it was my fault that there was an error, because no one ever took responsibility for the mistake. I get that it was a central reservation system error, but they made me feel like it was my problem and not theirs. Then they acted like it was a favour that I didn't have to pay for a second night's stay. (all this with the printout in my hand clearly showing I had done everything right)

Once we finally went through that ordeal and got our room, it was just fine. It was clean and everything was nice and normal. Had we checked in with no issues, I would have said this was a good hotel. There was a microwave and fridge in the room,and it was a good size. But it was the lack of customer service and caring that made my experience really unpleasant. This is my second bad experience with a Days Inn. I don't know if I will use them again.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2008

the staff was plesent. The rooms were clean and the food was great.. poor lighting in my room but that was not a big issue.
enjoying the new renovations from last time we stayed

• Liked — The shuttle service and the food
  • Disliked — no continantal breakfast
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank lol1234
Newfoundland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2007

We have been using this property since the new ownership in June 2006. Great hotel, great staff and many perks along the way. The hotel has been renovated and the restaurant,,,, great food. A great place to stay

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — alberta is too cold
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris102
Calgary, Alberta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2007

The property is average, did send me a shuttle as well.... but management is very poor and if you are a self respecting person...you will probably find it difficult to get accross to the hotel staff including the manager. I was not given what was promised to me and when I complained, I was told I have no choice but to take it as I had already paid for the room in advance! basically we don't care attitude, once they get your money...so BEWARE! there are other hotels less expensive and more hospitable in the area. Siddharth Wahi

• Liked — Proximity to the Edmonton International Airport
  • Disliked — Poor Management - we don't care once we get your money attitude
  • Tips/Secrets — Get everything you are promised in writing before paying !
  • Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
Coquitlam, BC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2006

After my flight was cancelled due to extreme weather conditions, I found myself, as well as 8 other cancelled flights, needing a hotel for the night. The airline tried two other hotels and finally got me a room at The Leduc Inn. My only preference was that it was clean! Well...I knew as soon as I walked into my room that I had made a mistake. Considering it was almost 11pm I thought I could stick it out. I didn't want to take off my shoes, the carpets were filthy. The room's odor was so bad that even at -28 degrees I kept the window open for over an hour. The only reason I closed it is I didn't feel safe with it open. The glass on the windows were so dirty that in the am I couldn't see if it was still snowing!. I checked out the beds as soon as I got in the room. The old bed spread, after pulling it back, was covered in stains, there was quite a large ember (or something) between the spread and blanket. The blanket had small holes throughout. The sheets on both beds seemed to be fresh as I saw fold creases on the them. All four pillows had hair on them, not from me! I was sick! I considered leaving and going back to the airport but being on my own I was nervous. The front desk said it would take 20 mins. to get fresh pillows - 35 mins later I recieved two fresh pillows, they did seem to be clean. I placed a shirt from my suitcase over the pillow and covered my face because of the stench! Needless to say I did not get any sleep. The hotel does have a restaurant but they would not deliver me any coffe to my room in the am, apparently there was meetings within the next couple of hours and they needed thier caraffs???? The bathroom was disgusting - wanted to take a picture of the tub mat and it's black ring around it but it was glued to the tub. There was a friendly 'fly' around me in the am and my white socks were soon black after getting dressed in the morning. One of the few lamps did not work and the remote for the tv didn't work. I adjusted the tv so I didnt have to sit on the bed and the dust under the tv was atrocious. I would never reccommend this hotel and would never stay here again! What a terrible way to end my weekend get away!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — It was absolutely filthy!
  • Tips/Secrets — Highly reccommend different accomodations.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled solo