“An "Easterner"” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“An "Easterner"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I was booked in advance for my 1 nite stay last week. The room given was on the ground floor right beside the lobby entrance. As a woman travelling alone - it felt unsafe and precarious. After requesting a move I was accomodated and changed to the 2nd floor middle of the hall. All in all not a bad stay. Everyone is clearly travelling and not partying so all in not a bad stay. The place is looking tired though on the outside as well as the inside. The location is a great one.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
PWBatke, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denham Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Pamela C:

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing feedback about your recent stay with us. We place great value on the information we receive from our guests and use it to make continual improvements in our business.

I appreciate your comments about the preferences of female travellers and will use your feedback as a coaching opportunity with our staff. Regarding our Exterior, I'm pleased to inform you that we will be initiating a major exterior facelift in the coming months. This will raise the level of our exterior to that of inside the hotel, where we are spent considerable capital renovating, upgrading and enhancing our guest rooms, facilities and public areas.

We hope to continue to be your hotel of choice in the Leduc-Nisku area. If I can ever be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Perry Batke, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

This hotel is very centrally located just off highway 2 and very easy to find. The room (207) was very nicely decorated and clean. The check in ladies were extremely helpful and kind. I will stay in this hotel again. The only negative was the water pipes were very loud and woke me early.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear ShawShaw:

I'd like to thank you for sharing feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. We love receiving feedback from our guests and use it as a major part of our effort to provide exceptional hospitality experiences.

I'm pleased you enjoyed our location as well as the accommodations & hospitality you encountered during your visit. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. We hope to continue to be your hotel of choice in the Leduc-Nisku area.

Yellowknife, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

While the stay in this location was average, certainly the lobby could use repair and updating, and the hallway carpeting is very dated, the instance that really turned me off of this location was eating at one of their local restaurants, Jonathans. I was seated for over 10 minutes before a waitress finally acknowledged me, the food then took over 55 minutes to come out to me, and two tables were served before me, even though they arrived and placed their order after I did.

I had Lobster mac & cheese, which was tasteless and was a very poor excuse for mac & cheese, it was almost as if the chef had decided that throwing lobster into the bowl of unseasoned, unsauced macaroni and topping it with cheese is enough to call it a mac & cheese. It was bland and a waste of money. I also ordered wings, being the special Wednesday wing night, I ordered 12 cajun wings. They came out over cooked, dry, hard and barely seasoned. I have 1 or 2 wings that had adequate cajun seasoning, they rest were just fried plain wings, pretty nasty.

I did not bother to report my concern with the food, but the fact that I ate only a 1/3 of each dish, should have been indicator enough. I was not interested in waiting another hour for replacement.

Breakfast at the other restaurant was fine, a continental plus some warm options, and it is given complimentary with the room. Was it enough to make me come back here, no. I will not use this hotel again and will not recommend it to my friends, co-workers or family.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
PWBatke, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denham Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Gordupnorth:

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. We place great value on the information we receive from our guests and use it to make continual improvements in our levels of service, quality and hospitality.

I would like to sincerely apologize for your experience in our lounge. Our goal is to provide our guests with great hospitality experiences and delicious culinary selections. Obviously, on this occasion we failed to meet this goal. I have reviewed your comments with our Food & Beverage Staff and Management to ensure that we resolve the issues you mentioned. I will attempt to contact you directly to apologize and to see how we may resolve your concerns.

Once again, I sincerely apologize for your experience in our Lounge. I do hope that we have the opportunity to better serve you.

Fort McMurray, AB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night while in the area to watch the sprint cars at a local track. The location is very close to Hwy 2, and about 7 minutes from Edmonton International airport. The hotel is right next to a gas station, and across the street from a Whitespot restaurant, so lots of different stores in the immediate area.

We booked a King bed Suite, and were very pleased with the room. There was a large sitting area (with a couch) , large desk and a separate nook with a fridge/coffee maker/microwave. The room was spotless, and updated, with new carpeting, lamps, iPod stereo and an LCD 40" TV. The bed was very comfy, with the nice duvet type bedding and heavy black out drapes. I am a light sleeper and usually prefer to be on a higher floor, away from the main road, but we slept great on the second floor, no noise issues at all.

There is a restaurant downstairs, that we had breakfast coupons for, from the front desk. It was a Sunday morning when we were there, so we scored with a pretty solid Sunday buffet option. There is also a very nice lounge on site, with slot machines (very new) and off track betting. I had never" played the ponies" before, but while waiting for our dinner(very good menu and selection), a very helpful waitress help me figure it out. I won a whole 30 cents! Haha.

We were very surprised by the hotel quality and service, and would totally return to this hotel if we were in the area!

Room Tip: The King Suites offer lots of space.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SunPrincess9000:

I would like to sincerely thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. We strive to ensure that all of our guests receive the highest levels of service, quality & cleanliness. I'm very pleased that we were able to meet this goal during your stay. I will be sure to share & celebrate your comments with our team.

We hope to continue to be your hotel of choice in the Leduc-Nisku area. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Seattle, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

For my business activities with the Oil and Gas industry in Edmonton and Fort Mc Murray, this hotel is well located for access to the city and surrounding business and as a good starting point when driving up to Fort McMurry. It is clean, comfortable, reasonably priced when compared to the competition, and very convenient. The internet is fast and the staff very attentive and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Eyal C:

Thank you very much for your very kind words about our hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We feel that we are ideally suited to serve the Oil & Gas Industry professionals. From our many business amenities to our convenient location to the Airport & Nisku, to our modern, comfortable & well-equipped guest rooms.

Salmon Arm
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I had asked for a room that had no noise and we were put on the fourth floor and had an end suite, this worked out great for what we asked for. We ordered room service and they were prompt and friendly. The complimentary breakfast was in my opinion the best I've ever had! Both the service and food was excellent in the Restaurant. I would definitely recommend this Hotel!

Room Tip: Service was prompt. Great food. Clean rooms. Comfy beds. Free Airport Shuttle.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stan B
Dear Stan B:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We love hearing what our guests have to say about their stays, what they enjoy and ideas for improvement. I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your King Mini-Suite and our complimentary Hot Breakfast. I will be sure to share your comments and feedback with our staff.

Ottawa area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel deserves an award for the excellent service. From check in to check out, the staff were wonderful. I rented a regular room on the ground floor for two nights- one night was for a sleep over with my 4 year old grandson. I had stayed with him at another hotel earlier in the week and chose this one because it was different from the first and because it was closer to his own house and yet still close to the airport which is where I needed to be on my last night in Leduc.
The hotel staff went out of their way to make my grandson's short stay as fun as possible. The room, while small for a child to play in was still very comfortable and the bathroom's large tub made up for lack of floor space to play. The real sized dresser with drawers at little person level was a pleasant surprise given so many hotels have such little drawer space.

Breakfast is included in the rate and the service here too was excellent! There was a large variety of foods to choose from - both hot and cold and a selection of fruit as well. The waffle maker was a real delight and the eggs were fresh made (and from real eggs-not powder).

This Best Western is within walking distance of other restaurants and shops and is surprisingly quiet, despite its proximity to the airport. Free airport shuttle, friendly atmosphere and location make this hotel one of the better places to stay in Leduc. I will definitely stay here again too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PWBatke, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denham Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear colinsgrandma:

It was truly our pleasure to host you and your grandson. I just wanted to thank you for your very kind & humbling comments about our hotel. We are very fortunate to have a committed group of hospitality professionals that are absolutely focused on providing the highest levels of service & hospitality. I will be proud to share your comments with them.

General Managaer