“It's okay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Canada
“It's okay”
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I had checked a few different hotels around the Edm. airport as well as right in the city before deciding to stay at this one. After a long day of travel with a little one I guess all the matters in the end is that we all slept well. There is a free shuttle to and from the airport which was great and there is also a restaurant in the hotel and we were given free breakfast coupons but our flight was too early to take advantage of this. Still a nice touch. The night we arrived we opted to go to the Boston Pizza which is just across the parking lot.

The lobby of the hotel is nice with a big stone fireplace and being Christmas they were fully decked out. Check in was fine but the pitfall came when we got to our room. I had been expecting to walk into the room they show advertised. No. Our room was not remodeled so it was the standard 80's hotel room. The beds were comfortable and they had placed a playpen in it as we had requested. But I was disappointed. The next morning I saw a poster in the lobby showing a picture of the remodeled rooms - it appeared only the junior suites had been updated. Ah well - next time I'll know.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
PWBatke, General Manager at Best Western Premier Denham Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
Dear gghope:

I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and for providing feedback on your stay. The information we receive from our guests is vital in our effort to continuously improve our service, quality and accommodations.

I appreciate your comments about your guest room. Please note, we are very excited about our newly renovated, stylishly designed & luxuriously appointed Tower guest rooms, showcasing pillow top comfort, plush bedding, High Speed Internet Access & LCD Flat Screen Televisions. Our exclusive King Mini-Suites feature designated sleeping & sitting areas, oversize work desk, beautiful granite vanities & mini-fridge and microwave oven. Standard amenities include complimentary Internet Access, mini-fridges and CD Clock Radios with MP3 connection. We would love to host you in one of these rooms during your next visit to our area.

As well, we will be undertaking a complete renovation of the room type you stayed in during the next 2 months.

If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at 780-986-2241.

We look forward to serving you!

Regards,

Perry Batke, CHA
BEST WESTERN PLUS Denham Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Just a basic hotel - nothing overly special in terms of the room. The bed is very comfortable and the staff were super friendly - especially the breakfast staff in the restaurant.

The shuttle drivers definitely need a lesson in customer service. I enjoyed seeing the look on their faces when I didn't tip them. They need to realize that a tip has to be earned!!

In the hotel's defense, the contract out the shuttle service in conjunction with several other hotels in the area.

• Stayed December 2011
Dear Northern Hiker:

I will review your comments with the company that provides our shuttle service. As well, we are very excited about our newly renovated, stylishly designed & luxuriously appointed Tower guest rooms, showcasing pillow top comfort, plush bedding, High Speed Internet Access & LCD Flat Screen Televisions. Our exclusive King Mini-Suites feature designated sleeping & sitting areas, oversize work desk, beautiful granite vanities & mini-fridge and microwave oven. Standard amenities include complimentary Internet Access, mini-fridges and CD Clock Radios with MP3 connection. We would love to host you in one of these rooms during your next visit to our area.

We look forward to serving you!

Regards,

Perry Batke, CHA
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed October 26, 2011

My wife and I held our reception at the Best Western Denham Inn & Suites as well as stayed the evening of. After the ceremony at our church we travelled the short distance to Leduc for our Reception. Let me say...IT WAS INCREDIBLE! They did such a fantastic job of setting everything up, the place looked amazing. The staff was all friendly and so helpful which made all the guests quite happy. The plate service was very good as well and we continue to receive compliments on how good the food was. We look forward to enjoying many times at the Denham Inn.
-Brennan

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dear Brennan W,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent experience at our property. We valued the opportunity to serve you on such a special day. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon. If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 780-986-2241. Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Sincerely, Perry Batke General Manager
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 23, 2011

The Denham Inn and Suites is the perfect place to hold your next business meeting. The professional staff went above and beyond to ensure every detail was looked after. Recent reno’s to the hotels rooms make them better then others that I've paid twice the money to stay in. I can’t forget about the food; it’s the best in town. We'll be back soon.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
PWBatke, General Manager at Best Western Premier Denham Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 24, 2011

Thank you for posting your comments about your recent stay at our property.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel.

Guelph, Canada
Reviewed October 20, 2011

The Best Western Denham Inn & Suites is a great property. The suites in the tower are fantastic rooms and as a person travelling on business they are ideal. The staff are exceptional and were great in helping me use my room for an improptue meeitng which I had to hold. They brought additional chairs and arranged coffee and water. All on very short notice but all done in time.
The high speed internet works very well, a huge benefit to anyone travelling on business.
I took the airport shuttle back to the airport the day I checked out. It was fast and free...perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for one fo the suites in the tower section.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed October 20, 2011

My fiance and I recently stayed at the Best Western Denham Inn in Leduc and what a wonderful experience. The bed is comfier than my own at home, the large flat screen TV made my fiance happy and the modern-granite counter top- very clean bathroom were amazing! Shuttle service always very prompt and a short trip to the airport. Great night sleep and best of all, the BEST Sunday brunch buffet I've ever had! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Saint Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Thank you to Perry Batke, Bev Borys and the entire staff of the BEST WESTERN PLUS Denham Inn & Suites, in Edmonton/Leduc for a wonderful stay the week of September 26th. I was there on business with a large group of industry colleagues and throughout the week, the customer service received was truly above and beyond. Everything was absolutely perfect from my guest room, to the meeting facilities, food & beverage whether it was in the restaurant, lounge or a group function. It was a pleasure to be a guest (again) and I look forward to my next stay.
Rae McDaid

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leduc
Wingate by Wyndham Edmonton Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Edmonton International Airport
Executive Hotel Alexandra at Edmonton Airport
Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel
Days Inn Edmonton Airport
Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton Airport

Been to Best Western Premier Denham Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!