“Great Hotel - Restaurant not so good”

Best Western Premier Denham Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Leduc
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on business. It is a great hotel with Free Parking, close to the airport (we could not hear the planes coming and going from our rooms), large front desk area, very nice decor and very clean. We had the King Buisness suite which was very large in the living room and plenty of room around the King bed. The bed was very comfortable with smooth, clean linens and soft pillows.

The bathroom was a little small for 2 people. The towels were great and that includes the face clothes which no stains and looked to be new. There were bathrobes for the guests in this suite. I did not have my laptop so I did not use their free Wi-Fi.
there is a business center in the main lobby for guest but it had a really slow internet connection and there is no privacy.

The only MINUS I would give is for the restaurant......when we checked in we were given "complimentary" coupons for their "deluxe" breakfast. We took a look at their "Deluxe" breakfast....all it had was muffins, toast, bagels, small danishes, very, very cold hard boiled eggs, and a messy waffle maker as well as fruit and oatmeal. We tried this. The waffle was awful, the fruit was honeydew which was mushy and the canteloup was not wipe enough. This was not what I expected from a "Deluxe" continental breakfast, had Much, Much better on recent trips to Europe and Eygpt.

I asked the waitress for their guest menu and she wasn't very friendly about giving it to us......We decided to go with their alternative menu for their guest which is under $5.00 (which wasn't much better) and she says that she has to charge us for both......Well, I wasn't paying attention and said OK...we got the bill and we were CHARGED for the complimentary breakfast as well as the alternative breakfast....when I questioned the Front Desk staff, she said that we could only pick one or the other and we should have been told at Check In.....which we weren't....and the waitress attitude was Horrible especially for an AM SHIFT...I did not tip her as she was NOT deserving of it.

So we were Double charged for the "complimentary breakfast". We did talk to the front desk clerk and she said that that was the way it was. By the time we got to our room, we received a call to say that they were going to offer us an additional 1000 points on our reward program. When we went to check out the next morning, she said that they reversed the charge, however, I looked at the bill later as I had a business meeting to attend to, and they still double charged us for the "deluxe continental breakfast"...By the way, she did not ask us if we wanted our Coupons for the AM but she certainly asked the guest right before me and after me,

Stay at the hotel BUT stay out of the restaurant, there is a SMITTY'S down the street that has EXCELLENT Service and the food is 10xs BETTER!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
PWBatke, General Manager at Best Western Premier Denham Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 780-986-2241.

Reviewed July 31, 2011

We stopped here after late arrival on the train from Vancouver. Since we wanted to get a rental car at the airport, we had booked this hotel in advance. We were prepared for very expensive cab ride, buy do steel yourself for $50 plus. This is a great location for south of the city – but not a good location if you plan to tour Edmonton for multiple days. Hotel has been stylishly renovated, our bed was fabulous, and the whole place was spotless. We had a very nice breakfast bar and an easy shuttle to the airport. This was a “retooled” Best Western with almost a boutique hotel room feel – and all for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 780-986-2241.

Reviewed July 22, 2011

Very conveniently located to Edmonton Airport with a great free transfer service. The rooms were spacious and clean, the hotel had excellent laundry facilities, a gym, bar and restaurant. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Join Best western as they have great member rates.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 19, 2011

I am a travel agent and have stayed at numerous hotels over the years. The BW Denham was excellent in every way. The hotel & the room was modern and exceptionally clean; the "complimentary" breakfast was fresh and plentiful; the beds were AS comfortable as they are at any Hilton or Four Seasons; the hotel has free parking and within easy access to Edmonton. Do not hesitate to book this property.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed June 27, 2011

I stayed at this establishment Friday the 23, I was on a cross country motorcycle trip and I had stayed in 9 Best Western before yours.

I was not supposed to stop in Leduc but I was cut in one of those Alberta thunder storm and I just had a close call with a semi trailer, so I arrive in your hotel wet and shaken, I was greeted by Tashania at the reception, she was caring and helpful beyond expectation, she calm me down got me a room really quick so I could get dry, help me find the right room, I was trying to enter the wrong room and found a safe and close place to park my machine.

I do not have to tell you that your hotel is spotless and well run, but that was the best Best Western experience I had on twelve different hotel of the same chain on that trip and it was greatly because of Tashania.

If I go back to Leduc or area I will make sure to stay at this establishment.

Marc Lebel
Coquitlam, BC

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Of all the times I've stayed at Best Western hotels this was by FAR the best experience I have had. The staff was very courteous and attentive. By my second morning they knew me and greeted me by name and knew my preferences. I would also like to let you know that Yvonne in the restaurant is awesome she made every morning a joy to start out.
Thanks again and I look forward to my next visit to your hotel
Bill Mason

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2011

This was last minute decision to stay here while passing through town, and what a pleasant surprise. Perfect service, perfectly clean room, great decor, and although I typically don't eat at hotel restaurants, since it was late I did, and even their food was great. I actually wrote an email to some co-workers with a picture of my room and told them to stay here if they ever get the chance. I travel a lot with work, and this was one of the best hotel experiencecs I've had in a long time. Sounds like such a simple thing, but rarely do you get a hotel where everything just goes as it should, exceeding your expectations simply by doing all the little things right. Kudos.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business