“Doubt we will stay again! Disappointed - Might Lose Customers because of Rude Night Staff!”
Review of Crystal Star Inn

Crystal Star Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Leduc B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 18, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel before and it seemed ok. This time the service was THE PITS!
The reason we stayed was because the room rate was $99 which included a week free parking. We were there longer than that so thought it was cheaper to park there for the 2nd week.
The morning we were to leave (at 4:30am) the desk clerk was actually rude! We asked for a coffee while we waited for the shuttle to the airport (it was late and the clerk didn't care about that either) and he said we had to pay for it because it was before the "free" breakfast. Decided to wait to get one at the airport rather than give our money to the rude clerk.
When we returned after our trip, we arrived at 1am. We called the hotel and asked them to send the van to pick us up. (Think it was the same clerk). We waited for about 20 minutes, then called again. We waited 15 minutes more, and still no van. We finally went outside and asked a different van if he would drop us off and they said yes. I think next trip, we will park at one of the parking places to avoid the crappy service we received.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 14, 2010

We stayed here before our flight to Mexico. I traveled with my spouse and two daughters, ages 16 and 3.
The rooms are spotless and HUGE. The television is the same size. I love how the heat is regulated by the fireplace.
Our flight was too early to take advantage of the breakfast.
The front desk help was over the top. They were kind and helpful.
We absolutely loved the colors and style of the hotel and rooms.
We will be returning each time we use the airport as it is a super deal, especially with free parking for 7 days.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Very Clean- good shuttle service- Large rooms with 50 inch plasma and fireplace - very good continental breakfast . You wont be dissapointed. You wont find this on hotel booking sites like expedia etc. But it does have its own website, just google Crystal Star Inn

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2010

I honestly never thought I'd write a review like this, but here I am doing just that. I ususally stay at the Western Budget Motel chain and since this Crystal Star Inn has been up and running it has been pulling me towards it and I had to try it out. Keep in mind, the Western Budget is not a 5 star hotel, it is budget, clean and does the job, very well. I thought, I would try this out, see if a new updated place could pull my loyalty. No, it is terrible. There are no two things in this place that match, it actually is so painful to walk around you will be glad you shut the lights off, the rug looks like something out of a childs party room with curtains and bedspread that do not come close to matching. There are no closet doors on the closets, no artwork on the walls, the rooms are huge, I will give them that, but the only thing in them is a bed waaaayyyy in the corner, pushed right into the corner! Very very odd, the only thing going for it is the big flatscreen TV. The washrooms were bare minimial for toiletries (thankfully I had my own). I was charged more for a 'plain' room there than a jacuzzi room at the western budget. Not ever again, I am not into that at all, it was loud, the elevator terrible slow and the decor was the worst I have seen.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2010

My husband and I spent Valentines weekend there..
It was over priced, the bed was the most uncomfortable bed we've ever slept in, ever...
It gave us both a terrible back, and my husband never gets a bad back..
We requested a late check out, the day of check out they called twice before 10am to ask when we'd be checking out...because someone else wanted to see the room...
The room was cramped, not really enough room for the contents...claustrophobic in fact..
I had to pay for the room in full, upon check-in, not check-out, which i didn't mind, but its not something we're used to, we usually pay upon check-out..
And to top off a stay at a "not worth the cost" hotel, i recieved my credit card statement and they had charged me an additional $100, for... well they just can't tell me....
I spent $500.00 for the 2 nights, plus the additional $100.00, i guarantee you, that room was certainly not worth $600.00 for a weekend...
I will never stay there again, and no one i know will ever stay there, and i will do everything i can to inform everyone possible about this Hotel....
Its Crap, in so many ways...
Thats Crystal Star Inn, Leduc, Alberta... On Sparrow Drive!!!
This is my second attempt trying to post a Bad review on this site, lets see if they let me post it this time!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2009

I absolutey recommend this hotel to everyone! It has the finest rooms! Great and HUGE 50 inch T.Vs in each room, they even have some rooms with round, revolving beds! How much better can it get! Beautiful rooms, it LOOKS and FEELS like a Las Vegas hotel. So colorful and such sweet staff! Fireplaces in every room! Great sized beds, very roomy rooms, great desk, so gorgeous! I love it and will be back soon!
Everything there was just so relaxing and fitting! so clean, so big and beautiful!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2009

Hotel is located 5 minutes from the Edmonton Airport and I was in one of the largest rooms I had seen in a long time. Fireplace, big (really big) flat screen TV mounted on the wall and a good sized desk. The only think the felt strange, was that the room was very large and with only one bed towards one corner, there was a whole lot of empty space. They could probably have put another two beds in the room and it wouldn't have been crowded. Hopefully at some point they will condider putting a couch in the room as it would be great to have somewhere to sit and watch the giant TV.

A room this size would be great if you had little ones along as they would have room to play and room for a travel crib or two, or three....

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business