“Very Nice Hotel”

Days Inn & Suites Edmonton Airport
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Leduc
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We stayed here 1 night because it was close to the airport. We loved the fresh cookies and also were able to take advantage of the free breakfast from 4am - 6am. After that you have to pay for breakfast at the restaurant.
The room was nice and everything we needed. Would stay again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tammy M

Reviewed May 4, 2012

Family stayed here while visiting Edmonton. We booked late and chose Executive Express due to lack of availability in city as well as attractive price - $129. It is pet friendly but room was clean and comfortable. I did not find any issues with noise from leduc / highway. Pool is large and hot tub seemed well maintained. Only 15 minutes to Edmonton...

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Free Breakfast-yes- BUT a catch !!!!!! We got in late and thus thought we would sleep in until 9:45 am then catch the breakfast. Most places that offer breakfast included in the price keep their food service open until 10:00 am particularly on weekends. So what was breakfast time 4 a.m. to 6 a.m. !!!!! I was told they cater to aircrew staff who frequent the hotel so if we wanted breakfast we had to get up for those hours. O.K. we had to pass. We were exhausted by the time we got to bed.

Hotel is clean. Needs some TLC but otherwise basic.

Interesting place. Friendly front desk and quick check in. It was quiet and room

Room Tip: If you want breakfast with your room find another spot
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank J M
Reviewed April 24, 2012

My sis, mother and I stayed at this hotel the night before a very early flight and the night we returned from our holidays.

I chose it because it is extremely close to the airport, offered free airport shuttle and because it was a very affordable price.

Pros:

Hotel is extremely clean.
Shuttle service was complimentary and prompt.
Breakfast is served starting at 4am for early travelers.
Hotel is located just minutes from the airport saving on travel time.
Hotel is located a 5 minute walk from the airport Park 'n Ride lot.
The rooms have a fridge and microwave.

Cons:

Hotel is a bit dated and in a bit of a sketchy area.
Hotel does not cover the cost of the Park 'n Ride and does not offer a complimentary long-term parking service for its traveling guests.
The service was amicable but not overly helpful - they always appeared to be understaffed.
The beds were small and uncomfortable.
There is no water in the vending machines, except in the fitness area and this machine was sold out on our first night there, so we did not have any access to bottled water in the hotel.

The air conditioner in our room on our return visit was not working properly - the heat and cold were reversed. We did not know this and set the air conditioner to 'cold' and left the room for 2 hours. When we returned it was 30 degrees in the room. We figured out what was wrong and called the front desk. They came to the room to investigate, apologized, and said they would report it to their maintenance manager. We were not offered a change of room or any other type of compensation. By the time we went to bed, the room was still at 26 degrees.

Finally, on our return visit, the handle to the bathroom door fell off in my mother's hand. Thankfully she did not get locked in the bathroom! We did not report this until the next morning because it was late at night when it happened and we just wanted to go to bed.

Overall, this hotel was okay. But the location and good price would not be enough to tempt me to return. There are others in the area that I think would be a better choice for me in the future.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank QBGAP
Reviewed April 23, 2012

New clean Hotel beside Edmonton Int. Airport.
They have a young Team of dedicated staff, when I forgot things in my room, they handed it over to me when I came back a day later. They did care.
That's what is nice to see in today's fast world.
I'm coming back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stay at the Exec Express often for business. Staff is friendly, rooms are big and clean and now they have a restaurant! Best place to stay and near the airport!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Upon arriving at EIA last night I went to my originally planned hotel, the Western Budget #1 (STAY AWAY). After spending about 60 minutes there my parents via skype decided to get me out and move next door to the Executive Express.

Cheryl on the desk was more then helpful to my dad on the phone who is 1400 miles away in NWT, as they arranged the pre-auth on his credit card for me to stay. When I cam in dragging my luggage behind me I was greeted with a "Hello, you must be Sarah" and that made me feel a lot better. She went over the floor plan with me and the emergency exits, restaurants, vending machines etc. before handing me my room key and pointing me in the direction that I had to go.

When I got to the room it was just MARVELOUS! King size bed, common area, large bathroom, the whole works.

I can guarantee that I will be here again!

Room Tip: I don't think there would be a bad room in this place unless you were right against the wall div...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leduc
Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Edmonton International Airport
Wingate by Wyndham Edmonton Airport
Best Western Premier Denham Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Edmonton Airport Hotel
Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel

Been to Days Inn & Suites Edmonton Airport? Share your experiences!