“So so - good price but probably wouldn't stay again...”

Days Inn & Suites Edmonton Airport
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Leduc
Reviewed April 24, 2012

My sis, mother and I stayed at this hotel the night before a very early flight and the night we returned from our holidays.

I chose it because it is extremely close to the airport, offered free airport shuttle and because it was a very affordable price.

Pros:

Hotel is extremely clean.
Shuttle service was complimentary and prompt.
Breakfast is served starting at 4am for early travelers.
Hotel is located just minutes from the airport saving on travel time.
Hotel is located a 5 minute walk from the airport Park 'n Ride lot.
The rooms have a fridge and microwave.

Cons:

Hotel is a bit dated and in a bit of a sketchy area.
Hotel does not cover the cost of the Park 'n Ride and does not offer a complimentary long-term parking service for its traveling guests.
The service was amicable but not overly helpful - they always appeared to be understaffed.
The beds were small and uncomfortable.
There is no water in the vending machines, except in the fitness area and this machine was sold out on our first night there, so we did not have any access to bottled water in the hotel.

The air conditioner in our room on our return visit was not working properly - the heat and cold were reversed. We did not know this and set the air conditioner to 'cold' and left the room for 2 hours. When we returned it was 30 degrees in the room. We figured out what was wrong and called the front desk. They came to the room to investigate, apologized, and said they would report it to their maintenance manager. We were not offered a change of room or any other type of compensation. By the time we went to bed, the room was still at 26 degrees.

Finally, on our return visit, the handle to the bathroom door fell off in my mother's hand. Thankfully she did not get locked in the bathroom! We did not report this until the next morning because it was late at night when it happened and we just wanted to go to bed.

Overall, this hotel was okay. But the location and good price would not be enough to tempt me to return. There are others in the area that I think would be a better choice for me in the future.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank QBGAP

Reviewed April 23, 2012

New clean Hotel beside Edmonton Int. Airport.
They have a young Team of dedicated staff, when I forgot things in my room, they handed it over to me when I came back a day later. They did care.
That's what is nice to see in today's fast world.
I'm coming back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stay at the Exec Express often for business. Staff is friendly, rooms are big and clean and now they have a restaurant! Best place to stay and near the airport!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Upon arriving at EIA last night I went to my originally planned hotel, the Western Budget #1 (STAY AWAY). After spending about 60 minutes there my parents via skype decided to get me out and move next door to the Executive Express.

Cheryl on the desk was more then helpful to my dad on the phone who is 1400 miles away in NWT, as they arranged the pre-auth on his credit card for me to stay. When I cam in dragging my luggage behind me I was greeted with a "Hello, you must be Sarah" and that made me feel a lot better. She went over the floor plan with me and the emergency exits, restaurants, vending machines etc. before handing me my room key and pointing me in the direction that I had to go.

When I got to the room it was just MARVELOUS! King size bed, common area, large bathroom, the whole works.

I can guarantee that I will be here again!

Room Tip: I don't think there would be a bad room in this place unless you were right against the wall div...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Highly recommend this hotel. Room was very clean and large. Great ammenities and wonderful friendly service. Nice and close to airport and very reasonable rate. We booked online.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Kmmnt123
Reviewed November 27, 2011

An extremely nice stay. The room was clean and smelt nice, unlike some rooms that have that old musty smell. The bed was comfy x 10 :) and the service was nice. I would recomend anyone to stay here if they are in Leduc.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2011

This was a great hotel to stay on a flight layover. The room was clean, the shuttle from the airport was fast & free, and the breakfast was a perfect way to start the day before catching our next fight. We will stay here again!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Travelers also viewed these Leduc hotels
Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton Airport
Wingate by Wyndham Edmonton Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Edmonton International Airport
Wyndham Garden Edmonton Airport
Stars Inn
Stars Inn
#11 of 16 in Leduc
Hilton Garden Inn Edmonton International Airport

Been to Days Inn & Suites Edmonton Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn & Suites Edmonton Airport

Address: 8116 Sparrow Cres, Leduc, Alberta T9E 8B7, Canada (Formerly Executive Hotel Alexandra at Edmonton Airport)
Location: Canada > Alberta > Leduc
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Leduc
Price Range: $83 - $103 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Days Inn & Suites Edmonton Airport 3*
Welcome to our convenient and cozy Days Inn & Suites Edmonton Airport hotel, where you have the freedom to get to and from Edmonton International Airport (YEG) with a complimentary 24/7 airport shuttle service. Our location also gives you easy access to local company offices such as LaFarge, PCL Construction, Flaman, Alta-Fab Structures, Camex Equipment, and more. Located off QE-2 Highway, our hotel is just a short drive from South Edmonton, as well as popular shopping destinations. Enjoy complimentary breakfast, WiFi, and access to our wonderful amenities, including a pool & hot tub area, fitness room and business center. Enjoy any meal of the day in our onsite restaurant, Ricky's All Day Grill; also offering room service. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Days Inn & Suites Edmonton Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn & Suites Edmonton Airport Leduc, Alberta