“Gave it another shot, shouldn't have....”

Quality Inn Airport - Edmonton
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Nisku
Quebec, Canada
“Gave it another shot, shouldn't have....”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Last year, I said never again. 3 weeks ago, one of my colleagues stayed here and told me it had improved. So I gave it another shot. I regretted it! I got in the room, there was an odor that came probably from the vent dock. For sure, as other reviews mention, the hotel needs an update. Especially that 3-4 new hotels are all around, they will lose everybody. This has probably started as when I left at 5 AM, the parking lot was somewhat empty. I have to say that the room was clean, and internet wast fast and reliable. A little remark: every time I arrived at this hotel, front desk ladies were smoking outside. This is not very professional! Anyways, this time it is for real: I AM NOT GOING BACK!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Paul L, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Airport - Edmonton, responded to this review, April 27, 2015
Dear Guest;

Thank you so much for most valuable feedback.

I am sincerely sorry your stay was not as restful as you expected.

Please be assured that the Ownership has listened to guest comments from the past year and we are very pleased to announce that our Quality Inn & Suite Airport hotel has gone through some significant and positive changes in the last few months. This includes a 100% lobby make-over and renovation / updated breakfast room / modernized and well working air conditioning & HVAC.

If we have the pleasure to welcome you back in the foreseeable future please mention this request when making your next reservation and our Front Desk Team will make all the extra efforts to answer to your needs.

May I please request to have you kindly reach out to me at your convenience as I wish to make right and correct these past stays you had here back in 2013 and 2014. Please call me at the hotel (780) 955 - 3001 and ask for Paul.

We do sincerely appreciate all your most valuable comments and I am hoping you have an opportunity to come and stay w/ us again soon and see all the wonderful improvements!

Kind Regards,
Paul Lumsden,
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I remember staying at this hotel in the past and having good memories. I just returned from Scandinavia where the quality of hotels was high.... even hotels in remote places but the "quality " of this Quality Inn has really deteriorated.
There was the unprofessional giggly young woman at the front desk who seemed very unprepared. No envelopes for grubby room keys.. A pre-authorization for payment .... never before in a Choice Hotel. A good vacuuming, polishing right throughout is sadly needed. In my room cushions are badly positioned on the couch. It is obvious that the staff here does not value high standards.
The breakfast in the morning was disgusting....... the chairs in the breakfast room not properly placed...... a bowl full of rotting oranges..... stains from days ago and for a Quality Inn...... poor poor poor quality of breakfast food.

I am a proud Canadian and feel hurt and embarassed to see these standards reflected in our country

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
gursahil s, General Manager at Quality Inn Airport - Edmonton, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
We apologize for letting you down during your recent stay at the hotel. We have made some recent changes to improve our service levels and hope that they might now meet your standards. The pre-authorization is a standard process used in most hotels and covers any room incidentals that are not part of the room rate (extra parking, restaurant charges, etc). The pre-authorization also helps the guest because it makes the check-out process quicker and more smooth in the morning. The hotel has been thoroughly steam cleaned recently and some changes have been made to breakfast room and the food is changed daily, specifically the fruit and dairy products.
Again we apologize for the same and hope to see you in future.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

We travelled to Edmonton with our family of 5 and had a good experience at this hotel. Staff was polite and helpful and the rooms were clean and surprisingly large. The restaurant was good but the complimentary breakfast was average... could use some more options.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank sammylamba84
gursahil s, General Manager at Quality Inn Airport - Edmonton, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
thanks! for you review, it mean a lot to us and helps us improve our standards. we will be hoping to see you in near future.
thanks
management.
Dawson Creek, Canada
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We stayed at the Quality Inn the night before our flight to Cuba. We chose it because it was across from the park & fly we usually use. When we checked in to the hotel they told us they had free parking for one week - bonus! Another bonus, we were sharing a room with our two teens and they booked us into a triple suite for the same cost as a double, so the kids didn't have to share a bed. Our room was standard hotel fare, but roomy, clean, with decent furnishings. I thought that being next to the elevator we would be kept awake but the hotel was super quiet. The restaurant in the hotel, "George's", had a steak special on and dinner was delicious. I heard others say their pizza was really good, I will have to try that next time. We ended up booking the same room for the night we arrived back in Canada as well because I was so impressed. The staff were courteous, and when I said I would stay again because of the room size, free parking, and free shuttle to the airport, they made sure I signed up for their customer loyalty program for better deals. I definitely will make this my usual hotel whenever I fly out of the Edmonton International Airport.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank KRex1292
gursahil s, General Manager at Quality Inn Airport - Edmonton, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thanks for your feedback, our guest feedback is everything to us as it helps us to improve our standards and help us making imminent changes in each and every service at the hotel.
We hope to see you in future and provide you the best of the hotel’s service.
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I had the unfortunate experience of almost staying at this hotel on Friday, March 7th, 2014. I paid $125.00 at midnight and then when I viewed the room, asked for my money back because the room was awful. Curtains were dirty and falling down, sticky bathroom floor, old and dated interior of room. But the worst part of this experience was the person at the desk. She was mean, rude, threatening - a bully! I had to sit in the lobby while I waited for my son to come and get me as I had his car. His car is a standard which I don't know how to drive. My poor son was trying to find someone to help me out in the middle of the night because this woman told me if I didn't have myself and my car out of the hotel by2:30 am she was going to charge me $150.00. She told me it wasn't fair to other guests that I got to sit in the lobby for free! I am 60 years old. I was the only person sitting in this lobby! In the end, my son didn't get to the hotel by 2:30 so she made a huge and loud production out of phoning another employee and making sure I knew she was now charging my card $150.00. She also locked me out of the lobby in the middle of the night while I waited for a cab. It was a very scary and upsetting experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Lana H
Sorry for our inconvenience, if we didn't live up to your expectations in past . We take our guest review into consideration very seriously, and try to provide them with best of our service. I hope you should give us one more chance to make up to our mistakes, we will be hoping to see you again, to provide you with our best service like neat and clean, spacious rooms with ample of facilities and variety to choose(NQ, NQQ, Q, QQ, NKJ, KJ, NQS, QS).
Restaurant with plenty of choices in food such as Chinese, Italian , steakhouse, pizza, buffet.
Free continental breakfast in morning, polite and helpful front desk attendants, gym facility, laundry and dryer facility, wending machines and Ice machine.
we also provide parking for two weeks, with one week-absolutely free. we will be hoping to see you in near future.
thanks,
Management.
Lloydminster, Canada
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel many times and had free parking and elevator access, this time we booked through Expedia and SURPRIZE no free parking and we had to haul all our luggage up a flight of stairs because apparently it was the only rooms left. The guy at the front desk was nice and apologetic but we will still never stay at this hotel again. The only benefit to this hotel was the free long term parking but that's not guaranteed (obviously), the hotel claims to have a 100 % satisfaction guarantee but once you book with Expedia that no longer applies. DO NOT BOOK WITH EXPEDIA. Side note- I did call Expedia to complain and could hardly understand the rude customer service agent so eventually hung up with no resolution.

Room Tip: Verify if there is elevator service or main floor, better yet just don't book here.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
We apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered during your stay.
EXPEDIA helps our guests make their reservation online so that they can save some time while they are checking-in, it’s a pre-paid service that saves them time and makes the booking process easier. As far as the parking is concerned, we only have a limited number of spaces for long term parking, as we have to provide parking to our regular daily guests. So unfortunately, sometimes we do not have availability for additional long term parking. Again we apologize for the inconvenience and hope that we can serve you again in the future.
Management.
Innisfree Alberta
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We were really disappointed when we arrived at the hotel. We booked our stay at this hotel as it 'included' vehicle parking and airport shuttle service. Imagine our surprise when we arrived at 2 PM and were told that there was only one space left for our vehicle and that if we didn't park in the space NOW, we might not have one. This meant that we had to stay in the hotel/our room until we were to leave. As we are not honey-mooners, staying in our hotel room for 18 hours wasn't what we had planned. We couldn't even leave to go out for supper. We had to use the restaurant in the hotel - not a bad meal, but nothing spectacular either. The shuttle was to pick us up at 4:50 am (breakfast room didn't open until 5 - so we were too early and didn't get any).

The staff were friendly and helpful . . .

I am not sure if we'll visit the hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank holly c
Sorry for the inconvenience, we understand the problem that you had with the parking at the hotel during your last visit. Our policy for parking at the hotel is “first come- first serve” and the hotel has a limited number of parking spots that it provides for long term parking. The reason for this is that the hotel has to provide ample parking for regular overnight guests also. So unfortunately sometimes we cannot provide long term parking. We don’t want you to be grounded in your room until you fly, so we suggest that you park at Park n’ fly across the street from the hotel if you encounter this in the future.
Again we apologize for the same and hope that you understand. We hope to see you again.
Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nisku
Hampton Inn & Suites Edmonton International Airport
Nisku Inn and Conference Centre
Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton International Airport
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Edmonton Airport & Conference Centre
Ramada Edmonton International Airport
Holiday Inn Express Edmonton International Airport

Been to Quality Inn Airport - Edmonton? Share your experiences!