Holiday Inn Express Edmonton International Airport
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$155
$78
$69
GardenInn.com
$71
All reviewswater slidesyogurtpancake machinemicrowave and fridgelate checkoutlight sleeperhot tubfree breakfastnice breakfastbagged breakfasthockey teamedmonton international airporttrain noisevery nice staywireless internetwould stay here againfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I stayed here with my kids and husband a few years ago and found this hotel has gone downhill quite a bit since that time . I booked it for 2 nights stay and my parents also booked the same as we were to meet there . Very disappointing when I arrived and my parents had previously arrived and had to be changed to another room due to a strong smell of smoke in their non smoking room , the explanation was that they have rooms that used to be smoking and are now non-smoking . We had reserved the kids dream suite , great idea for families with children as there is a seperate sleeping area for them with bunkbeds . Unfortunately the room needs some tlc , the walls were badly marked and there were dirt on them in some places . The bathroom needs attention as well , lots of marks/stains and cracks . Biggest disappointment was the pool was closed for our entire stay ! It had to be drained , refilled and then tested due to improper chemical balance . Also on our second day the housekeeping gave our room fresh towels but did not make the beds or clean anything in the room even though I had hung the sign on the outside door . Sadly this hotel has lost our business for the future ...

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
YEGAP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edmonton International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to express your comments regarding your stay with us.

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you incurred while you stayed with us. I understand the frustrations of being disappointed while travelling. We are undergoing rennovations in the hotel to address the issues you listed. Having children myself, I understand the importance of a swimming pool and the enjoyment it brings to any child. With that being said, we do not want to put any of our guests in harms way, due to a chemical inbalance we had no other choice but to close and drain the pool so our guests would not be harmed.

We pride our selves on our customer service and attention to all our guests needs, enjoyment and comfort. We did not live up to those expectations during your stay, and I would like to make this up to you. Please contact me direct when business or pleasure brings you back to the Nisku area, I would love an opportunity to win your family back and make amends.

S. Martin
gm.yegap@shiringroup.com

Reviewed July 24, 2010

I stayed here while attending a course in Nisku. The check in was not nice. We arrived close to midnight due to long delays on our flight and the clerk was miserable to deal with. The room was nice and clean and I liked the fridge and microwave in the room. There is a train that goes by during the night and sounds the horn. This woke me up the first few nights. There is a hot breakfast served in the morning and the dining room attendant was very riendly and was constantly tidying the tables and buffet.

I would stay here again and it is the closest hotel to the airport. If I was staying long term, I would prefer to find a hotel closer into Edmonton.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Nisku.

I encourage feedback from all our guests which allows us to address any customer service issues they may encounter. I would like to apologize for the service you received upon check in, this is not our standard and please be assured this has been dealt with at our hotel.

I appreciate all your comments and have forwarded them to all staff for their review.

Thank you again, safe travels.

S.Martin

Reviewed June 30, 2010

Stayed for one night, arriving late with an early departure. This hotel is extremely dated, giving it a grungy feel. There was duct tape holding the carpet together in the hall and my particular room had huge cracks in the wall and holes in the walls with cables coming out. The furniture and TV are all old of poor quality and the bed was worse than sleeping on an air mattress. I did not find the train disruptive as other guests have mentioned, however endured the chatting of hotel staff ALL NIGHT. Literally every word of their conversations could be heard clearly from my room. The only positive I can report is that the shower was clean. I have stayed at Holiday Inns in dozens of other locations and this one comes nowhere near meeting the standard.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
YEGAP, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edmonton International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you incurred while at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites. We are in the process of undergoing renovations and the deficiencies you pointed out will be addressed.

A letter in enroute to you with follow up.

When business or pleasure brings you back to Nisku, please contact us direct and we will ensure your stay is of a much more pleasant experience.

Reviewed April 1, 2010

I would never book your sports teams here, the building is very poorly built and noisy. You can literally hear people walking down the hall which is ridiculous - i think they cheaped out on noise control. It was a weekend and they close they pool for "routine maintenance" on Sundays..which is the whole reason we booked this hotel for the 8 yr olds. Also the CN train whistle will wake you up, our rooms had electrical outlets missing covers, our bathroom door didnt lock, and my room must have been next the the water heater becasue i heard the water running everytime a toilet flushed or a shower was taken.

If i was travelling on business this might have been okay but as for bringing a group of children to stay - worst hotel I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed: March 2010

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your stay with us.

I understand your frustration with the pool closure that happens on Sundays, however due to the volume of bathers on weekends, to maintain health regulations we must allow time for the pool to be serviced accordingly.

We do apologize for any inconveniences you may have incurred.

Reviewed February 8, 2010

Very few hotels live up to the so-called "high speed internet" they claim to provide, but the wired internet in my room in this particular location absolutely flew! 27MBPS!! What a nice surprise. The Front desk staff were courteous and helpful. Rooms are standard Holiday Inn size, no surprises. I've stayed before, I'll stay again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank calgaryal

Thank you for taking the time to express your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites.

We are pleased to hear we met and/or exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to having you stay with us again,