“Not worth your while or the money”

Riverview Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 Okotoks B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 21, 2009

We stayed here for one night - and were very much looking forward to the pool and hot-tub. When we arrived, we were told that both were out of service :(

We watched a video in the common room - and had to wait for the VCR to be hooked up. The table was not set for breakfast - and the house could use a good clean and a paint. I expect a higher level of professionalism from Alberta B&B establishments. The view was nice and the manager was really friendly and sweet. But, considering how much they charge, it's not worth your while.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank D00fy
There are newer reviews for Riverview Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed July 26, 2009

I organized a scrapbooking retreat for myself and 11 friends at the Riverview for the first weekend in April. I picked this B&B for it's proximity to Calgary, it's nice looking rooms, and it's availability.

When I arrived the host showed us around, then immediately left to pick up his wife from the airport. He said he'd be back in ~2 hours...leaving us to drag all of the tables he'd left for us (outside) down 3 flights of stairs and set them up in the room we were using for our scrapbooking. The tables were filthy as they'd been in his garage all winter, and he didn't leave anything for them to be cleaned or covered with. He also was gone at least 3 hours, leaving us to find our way around for that time.

The breakfast was great, sleeping rooms were clean, and bright.

Saturday afternoon I was informed that he needed the bar area in the common room so he could host his friends for the evening. Wouldn't have been a problem except that was where I had previously been told I could use to serve meals, use the fridge, etc. Now the ladies were embarrassed to walk past the 4 of them while they partied it up all night to get their food, drinks, etc. The other issue arose when the hosts and their friends proceeded to get drunk and VERY loud, just up the (open) stairs from where we were working. This was extremely disrespectful and rude!

One of the in-room DVD players did not work and his large communal TV didn't have a DVD player so he told us to move one from the room (I think he should have done that, but he was too busy hosting his own friends).

The next morning breakfast wasn't started until very late because the hostess believed that I had wanted an 11am breakfast, instead of their normal 8:30-9:30 breakfast. I figure this was convenient for her since she was surely not feeling well, but the 3 pregnant ladies I had with me did not find it convenient at all!!

Unfortunately I will not be returning to this B&B, and will have to find another place to host my annual retreats. I even wrote them a letter of complaint and received no word from them, not even an apology.

• Stayed: April 2009
4  Thank MiningGirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Okotoks
Best Western Plus Okotoks Inn & Suites
Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South
Harmony House B&B
Harmony House B&B
#3 of 6 in Okotoks

Been to Riverview Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!