“South travels”

Okotoks Country Inn
Okotoks Country Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Okotoks B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Well this was a nice find...The owner keeps homemade soup at the front counter. The breakfast that is included is upstairs on the second floor. The price was reasonable and the place was well located on the south end of town and very clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 21, 2012

When checking in I was a little concerned that this might not be the right place for me, this was confirmed when I got to the room. The pillow case had what looked to be a small blood stain on it, the walls were banged up, there where stains all over the carpets and furniture. I returned to the desk to tell them I wasn't staying and was told that I would still have to pay for the room. I ,asked to speak to the manager but she was not there. After requesting many times I was finally able to speak with her on the phone. She also told me that I would still have to pay for the room, refunds could only be made by the head office, however she refused to give me the contact number. Both the front desk man and the manager were very rude, didn't listen and constantly interrupted me.
When I returned home I contacted their HO and spoke to the owner who was very nice and refunded the charge on my credit card.

Room Tip: Try the Lakeview in Okatoks, it's a little more money but totally worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank HarleyDogWinnipeg
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel lacks in every possible way! It is scary dirty and the staff are neglectful. You walk in to a horrible smell, which i assume is cleaning products trying to cover up something more sinister. I waited at the reception desk for a long time to check in and again to check out. The room reaked of cigarette smoke, so I asked to be moved. We were moved to the room next door. It smelled so bad! The walls have not been painted since who knows when, and the lamp shades are stained. Water damage? Not sure. I went into the bathroom and the light switch and fan switch were covered in............I am not sure? I bought lisol wipes and spray in order to stay there for the night. I felt that if the rooms are that bad, I would not eat the breakfast that is provided in the morning. Too risky. I am just saying, in Okotoks, there are only two hotels..............drive to High River or Calgary. Do not stay here. Not worth it!

Room Tip: stay in High River or Calgary
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Vicki B
Reviewed June 30, 2012

the place was nice, quiet except if you stayed on the side the friggen train is right beside that shakes the room a bit. we stayed a few nights and when i go to a hotel i leave the "do not disturb" sign on the door untill the second day i'm there. by 1pm they hadn't shown up yet and i needed more towels to have a shower. i went to the front desk since they didn't answer the phone and waited. once someone came by i asked for more towels and they didn't have any. ok whatever if you dont have them you don't have them. when i got back to the hotel at 10pm still nothing was done. went to the desk again because they didn't answer the phone. they had in their book that the beds and the bathroom had been done. LIE! and they still didn't have towels so we made them go upstairs and get more towels. that was beside the fact that they were rude, not helpful and highly understaffed as they put it. its not my problem that your understaffed and i was reasonable but when you don't do anything at all its not my fault its theirs and they didn't want to fix it.

Room Tip: go to hotwire.com and find a hotel in calgary before staying here.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2011

with the blood stains and burn wholes in comforters we slept on top of bed and pd 140.61 and got out of there as soon as possible..we asked for another sheet but service not good tub not clean ....we gone...

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank rhonda c
Reviewed August 22, 2011

This was our first and last stay at this hotel. The hotel is old and run down, in desperate need up updating. It is cramped, and dirty. The breakfast is not as advertised. The sheets in the room we stayed in were stained. And the service was appauling. We stayed two nights. Upon our arrival back at the hotel after touring for the day we found that our room had only been half cleaned. They made one bed and left the other and they took the towels, nothing else had been done. When asked why only one bed was made up, I was told "it was thier hotel policy not to remove items from the bed in order to re-make it". My children's pajamas were left on top of the bed. And this was obviously there excuse for not making up this bed. There was a pizza box tucked up beside the garbage can on the floor of the room which was not removed nor was the recycling taken from the recycling bin. When ask why I was told "they will not remove any garbage that was not placed in the garbage can". This is interesting as a pizza box would not fit into their tiny garbage cans. Thier hotel policies obviously defy common sense. The place is filthy and they don't seem to want to do anything about it. There is no value for money at this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank TLM577
Reviewed March 6, 2011

The hotel is an older hotel, but the room rates are priced fair and the rooms are very clean. I stayed for two nights I am an AMA member so I got my room for $99plus tax. The front desk staff were very accomadating let me check in a few hours early, very pleasant. Quiet hotel near down town Okotoks, had everything I needed and came with breakfast in the morning, if your on a budget its the right hotel. For me it was perfect clean, quiet , and affortable. I am not going to pay an extra $30-50 to stay at Lakeview (another hotel in Okotoks) when the rooms are very similar only diffrence is Lakeview lobby is nicer+bigger hotel. I would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business