“I'm over this restaurant”

Our Flames Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 53 Restaurants in Olds
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've been to this restaurant many times over the years. It used to be our go-to place for a great meal. I have given it "one more chance" 3 times now and I'm done.
My steak neptune has been so overcooked it's unbelievable and the bernaise sauce on top was a solid chunk. Yuck!
I'm okay with paying more for great food but when you wait 45 minutes for a well done steak when you ordered med-rare and there is no compensation - well enough said I think.
There is an older lady that has been waitressing there for as long as I've been going there and she is awesome. :)

1  Thank gavkar

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Very popular with the locals and visitors alike, good food & atmosphere is higher-end, and the service is usally alright, but their prices have gotten too high as they have at most restaurants in Olds.

1  Thank Johnny5Brenda
Reviewed May 18, 2012

although it's a little hit and miss for a good night of service, the food is always great. Sometimes they take a bit longer than we like but we always leave happy and full!

Reviewed November 30, 2011

Ive tried Flames a few times since moving to Olds and have never really been overally impressed. They have a nice lunch menu but you can only order it during Lunch time and i usually go for dinner. On our anniverserry we decided to go for Lunch to the Flames.
We walked in and there was 2 waitresses right up front but did not even have the audacity to great us they just went about there buisness while we awkwardly waited to be seated.
I had decided to try the Gyro Pita w/ Fries and Gravy and my boyfriend had a Beef Dip.
It took us atleast half an hour to get our food after ordering it, (the resteraunt wasnt even that busy) and the waitress did not come back in that whole time to check up on drinks.
when we finally received our food it was not very good.
The Beef Dip and Gyro were very greasy, If Chef Ramsy were to eat at the flames he would probly ring the grease out like a towel.
because we had tried the flames on a few occasions and had never been that impressed this was definatly our last meal we will ever eat at the Flames.
The waitress was not friendly in the slightest, wait was long and food was gross.

1  Thank Blue_Rodeo_Girl
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I have been to Flames on many occasions. The food is a bit more expensive, but it is consistent and flavorful. None of the menu items really stand out as it is your typical Greek style restaurant with many ethnicities represented in the menu(burgers, pastas, curries, etc). The service is usually pretty friendly. My favorite waitress is from the Ukraine and always gives the best service. There aren't many choices for family fare in the local area, but of the few, Flames is definitely the top choice.