“What a hotel should be!!!!!”

Pomeroy Inn & Suites at Olds College
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Olds
BC
“What a hotel should be!!!!!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Nice rooms, friendly staff, public areas kept VERY clean......great pool area.
Minor items lacking from our kitchen in our room, We found the hotel to be on the warm side temperature wise (not necessarily a bad thing)
The Thompson tap room has some great nightly specials, lounge has a fun friendly atmosphere.
Only suggestions would be to offer hotel guest a discount in the TTR and have the front desk staff mention the special to guests checking in.
Overall a great hotel, will be staying here again!

• Stayed March 2014
Stephen D, General Manager at Pomeroy Inn & Suites at Olds College, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Csob03,
Thanks very much for the wonderful comments they are always appreciated.

Great idea on the TTR discounts, we do offer daily specials for our residents, which do give even better value than normal, I will certainly remind the front desk to push them in future!

We look forward to seeing you again very soon as you promise!

Stephen.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed March 29, 2014

A last a quality hotel in Olds, AB. It’s brand new so the rooms are fresh, clean and well appointed. I had a suite, which was quiet and very comfortable. The Keurig coffee maker made my stay! The included breakfast was average with similar hotels in this class. I travel to Olds frequently on business and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Stephen D, General Manager at Pomeroy Inn & Suites at Olds College, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Astra Journey ,

Thanks for the great review, as always, all of us here at the Pomeroy Inn and Suites at Olds college really appreciate them as well as the time taken to offer the review.

Thank you.

I hope we do see you soon and look forward to meeting you, perhaps at one of our weekly guest appreciation Wednesdays where we offer every guest a complimentary drink ( or two !) and an appetizer in out lounge !!

Regards, Stephen.
London, Canada
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We found the hotel very clean and also very accommodating to our needs.The rooms were very clean and spacious as well.I was very pleased and will definitely stay there again and would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Stephen D, General Manager at Pomeroy Inn & Suites at Olds College, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Deb H,

Thank you so very much for your review, it's always rewarding to receive positive feedback.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope see you back in the very near future.
Many thanks, Stephen.
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The stay was nice, quiet, very comfortable. I wish the hot tub was open until 11:00 pm rather than 10:00 as we were watching the hockey game which ended close to 10:00 and would have loved to have a hot tub to end the night. Also the shower head in the bathroom needs to have a better spray range. Finally, the breakfast was great BUT they didn't have any apple juice. These are small issues only suggested to make it better. Nevertheless, we have stayed in 3 other hotels including the one across the street and this particular hotel is the best hotel to stay in Olds.Alta.

Room Tip: King suite with pull-out was great choice for a couple.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Stephen D, General Manager at Pomeroy Inn & Suites at Olds College, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Kirkstar,

Firstly let me thank you for your kind and positive comments about the hotel and your stay with us, they are appreciated as always.
With regards to the juice, we offer 4 varieties every single day and we change the selection really quite often. We have had apple juice and no doubt will have it on offer again. I am sorry it wasn't a choice for your stay, but with 4 varieties on offer its hard to have it available every time. Watch this space !
The pool opening hours are generally 10.00 am until 10.00 pm seven days a week, we are always reviewing them to see if they work for our guests as well as our cleaning and operating needs, I will take your comments in mind for the future.
Thanks again, I hope we'll see you back very soon when next in Olds.
Falher, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Very new, very nice and in an extremely convenient location for anyone wanting Olds College access like I did. Nice comfortable bed and a quiet room. Used the well appointed fitness centre and ate in the onsite Tap Room, both were above average. I didn't use the pool but looks like a nice area, with waterslide and hot tub.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Stephen D, General Manager at Pomeroy Inn & Suites at Olds College, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
NormsZ,

Thanks very much for the really positive review. Great to read and even better to share with the team here!
Many thanks. Hope to see you here at the Pomeroy again very soon.

Kamsack, Canada
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Was forced to book rooms at this Hotel due to shortages in Olds, large sporting event coincided with our stay. Had just lost 2 family members and was there to attend a double funeral. My family had 4 (may have been 5) rooms booked there, and the rooms were pricey. Staff were insensitive, rude, unprofessional and unsympathetic. I had one conversation with the manager, Stephen, and he was curt and only concerned about squeezing every dollar he could from our pocketbooks. It is a sad commentary on humanity when one is forced to be confronted by the ultimate greed and insensitivity that was displayed to each and every member of my family during our stay. The hotel itself is new and from the outside, appeared imposing. The heartless staff inside completely did not do anyone any justice.

Room Tip: Walls between adjoining rooms paper thin, could hear every footfall and flush, and everything in bet...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Stephen D, General Manager at Pomeroy Inn & Suites at Olds College, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Altana,

Thank you for your review, I always appreciate feedback even if its hard to read sometimes.

I am sorry that you found us to be lacking in sympathy and unprofessional. That is certainly not what we set out to be and it is not what the vast majority of our guests tell us.

I apologize if you thought me to be curt, I was not intending to be, in fact I was trying to understand your situation but as you will remember, just before we spoke, I had been dealing with another of our guests who had been complaining about the noise from your son's room on the evening before. I had just given them a discount for the inconvenience. Not quite the dollar squeezing approach that you suggest.
Yours son then was indeed less than "friendly" and I think that is when things went a little awry.

I would have loved to extend your stay, but we had other guests checking in almost immediately and this was a huge concern to us too. We did offer the rest of the hotel to relax in whilst waitung and offer to look after your luggage, I am sorry this didn't work for you.

I am so sorry for your loss and even more sorry that you left us with such a bad taste, I would love to prove you wrong on another occasion and show you what its like to be our guest under less stressful circumstances.

I hope that you'll give us at the Pomeroy another chance, if so please contact me personally and I know that we can restore your faith in us here in Olds.

Blind Bay, Canada
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I ended up staying at this property due to the road conditions. The hotel was very clean and neat. The staff were friendly and professional. The room with the amenities was great and comfortable. Food in the restaurant was good and the service was "okay".
My only complaint is the $25.00 early check-in charge, the room was already clean so no one had to clean a room for me. In 45 years of travelling this is my first.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Stephen D, General Manager at Pomeroy Inn & Suites at Olds College, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
"John J"

Firstly thank you for your kind and positive comments about the hotel. I am glad that we were able to offer you shelter from that storm.

I am sorry to hear of your concern over the early check in charge. This is meant to be enacted as a service charge to accommodate those who wish to book and guarantee an early check, which often will result in extra labour charges .
This is not meant to serve as an extra tax of sorts and in this case I think it was mis applied and for that I apologise. We have since clarified with all of the front desk team how this is to work in the future.

I hope that you will come back and pay us a visit, with or without a storm. If so please ask for me personally when booking and I will certainly deduct the $25 that you were charged as well as offer you a complimentary upgrade to one of great King Suites.

Thanks again John. I really hope that we will see you again very soon.
Regards, Stephen.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olds
Ramada Olds
#3 of 5 in Innisfail
Days Inn Innisfail
Days Inn Innisfail
#2 of 5 in Innisfail

Been to Pomeroy Inn & Suites at Olds College? Share your experiences!