“Comfy and quiet”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Olds
Calgary
“Comfy and quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

Arrived Saturday evening and spent one night there. The Hotel was very clean and up-to-date. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. Has a free Continental breakfast and when we were there, the bagels and everything were very fresh, They have waffle mix so you can make your own...not bad either.

Only complaint we had is we ended up in a smoking room as there was a Triathlon race in town on the Sunday so it was one of the few rooms left. The smell in the room impregnated everything and was horrific. I asked at the front desk for some room freshener but it didn't help. One clerk said they were soon going to be doing renovations...I hope that when they do, they remove all smoking rooms. I truly don't believe there is a need to smoke in hotel/motels anymore. I smoke the odd cigar but have no problem going outside. Other than that, a very nice stay.

While in Olds, we went to the StoneWood Grill for dinner on the Sat. evening. The food is to die for. They had just opened 5 days prior and were getting rave reviews. You HAVE to try the pulled-pork poutine...OMG!!! The Portabello Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo was soooooo good and lots of food on everyone's plates with a VERY reasonable price for everything. It's all made from scratch so no worries about eating heated up frozen foods. The desserts are amazing, all handmade and all fresh. A MUST if in Olds. Ask for Kris or Johnny, they're the new owners and will attend to your every need.

Room Tip: If you don't smoke try NOT to get stuck in a smoking room. Bad, Bad, Bad smell.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

I recently stayed two nights here and we found the beds to be the most comfortable we've ever slept on. Even the bedding was nice - clean, crisp, cotton duvets and sheets. Very clean rooms and the hotel was quiet.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Central Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stayed here on several occasions. Eventhough you can see that the hotel is getting older...it is kept clean. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast nook is great.
The price is good.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2008

I stayed two nights at the Best Western of Olds. My double room was very large, comfortable and quiet. The staff were friendly and a decent continental breakfast was provided. It was even available at 5:15 a.m. when I came down (though I don't know if this is normal.) There is a Boston Pizza restaurant attached to the hotel.

Stayed August 2008
Edmonton, AB
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2008

I travelled here on business for one night in June 2008.

PROS: I found the staff to be quite friendly and the rooms to be clean. The continental breakfast wasn't great (boiled eggs, instant oatmeal, cereal, toast, stale muffins/pastries, apples, juice, coffee) but it wasn't horrible, either.

The pool and hot tub are very clean. I think was the only person who used it the night I was there. The workout room is a bit of a joke - only one treadmill, one bike and a universal weight room, located in a small room inside the pool area. The Boston Pizza restaurant is attached to the hotel.

CONS: My room had a very strong cleaning solution smell to it. It did not get better as the day wore on. Also, my main floor room looked out into the back parking lot, which meant I had to have the curtains closed the entire time, which made the room dark, even with all the lights turned on.

• Liked — Cleanliness, friendly service
  • Disliked — The awful smell of my room
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Port Alberni
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2008

The hotel itself was very clean and well maintained, the problem was with the morning desk clerk. We stayed two nights and there was a continental breakfast, that we assumed was available until 11AM as we were not informed other wise. First morning were came down about 10:30, no problems has a lovely breakfast. Second morning we came down about 10:10 and there was no bowls, we ask her for some, she throw them on the counter and was extremely rude to us, and informed us breakfast was over at 11 and who ever checked us in should have informed us.We had not been told this, we had to look for cutlery ourselves, there was not plates for our toast we had to eat it off the table, she had the poorest attitude I have ever incountered in the service industry. The Maintence
man was there and he appoligized and made a point of coming to our room to appoligize, he on the other hand was a very very nice man. Being in the service industry myself I would never ever tolerate such poor behavor from a staff member. I hope anyone travelling to Best Western in Olds does not encounter the same problems. For your information her name is Monica.

Stayed January 2008
Canbridge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2008

Olds is a small town and out of the limited places to stay this is by far the best place.
If the internet is down in the lobby go to The Game Porter, there is cheap internet there, and they are open past 5:30pm at night. :)

Stayed January 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olds
Pomeroy Inn & Suites at Olds College
#4 of 5 in Olds
Siesta Motel
Siesta Motel
#2 of 2 in Olds

Been to BEST WESTERN of Olds? Share your experiences!