“Great place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Stettler
Reviewed July 15, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Shannon S, General Manager at Ramada Stettler, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We enjoyed a lovely room that included a fireplace, flat screen tv, couch, king bed, as well as kitchen area with fridge, microwave, coffee pot and sink. It was very large. We had a great night's sleep and a great breakfast including our favorite waffles. The facility also has a water slide, pool and hot tub. It was a great stop on our travels and probably the fanciest as we travel to Alaska.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Shannon S, General Manager at Ramada Stettler, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

On behalf of the Ramada Stettler I would like to take the time to thank you for taking the time to give us a wonderful review. It is our feedback from our customers that helps us grow as a company. Hope you are enjoying the rest of your holiday. Take care, Shannon

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Was in Stettler with my family for the Prairie Railway Excursion and stayed at the Ramada. Was in a hurry to get to the antique train on time and later when I got home in the evening I opened my suitcase and realized I had accidently left my tops in the closet of the hotel room. I immediately phoned the hotel and naively assumed my clothing would be waiting for me at the hotel's lost and found. Was told maybe the housekeeper had not brought the items down to the desk yet. Called next day to check again. Front desk lady went up to check the closet herself and found nothing. She said no guests had used that room the night after me. So how do 6 items of clothing just disappear from a locked hotel room?? Only staff would have access cards to get into the room. Manager Shannon told me only one staff member was working on that floor the day I checked out, a lady I saw in the hallway. Management does not seem interested in resolving this or questioning the housekeeper so I have now filed a theft complaint with the RCMP. I just want my favorite clothes back, ASAP, no questions asked. My husband and I have travelled a lot over the years to Europe, Mexico, USA, and larger Canadian cities and this is the first time I have ever been the victim of a hotel room theft. The last place I would have expected this to happen to me is in a small town like Stettler, at a small hotel where probably all the staff know one another. Very disappointed that someone would be so desperate as to steal my used clothing. A terrible end to an otherwise good vacation.

2  Thank topless_traveller
Shannon S, General Manager at Ramada Stettler, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

My sincerest apologies that your experience with us was tarnished by your missing items. We at Stettler Ramada take theft very seriously at our hotel and I have taken the necessary steps to address this with my staff, I have spoken with the housekeeper who claims she did not take anything, I have also checked all of our video surveillance to see if there is proof of this housekeeper removing your clothes from the room. I did not find any proof that she has taken anything. We are more than willing to cooperate with the local RCMP. I certainly hope that your clothes turn up so we can resolve this.
Our hotel has won many awards in cleanliness and customer service so it is distressing to me to see that one of our guests was so disappointed. All the best ~Shannon Shirley, General Manager

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This hotel is clean. Knowledgable staff. Great for families. Pool, workout room, full breakfast. Non smoking inside, unfortunately I had to tell a couple smokers to move from the outside front entrance...disrespectful that the smokers pots were right in the front...I don't want to inhale that pollution.

2  Thank Monica B

Thank you for the fantastic compliment. We have a great team here at the Stettler Ramada. I will make sure I pass along the comments and we look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Great place to spend the night when in town for a train ride. Water park was tons of fun for the kids. Hotel is new and clean; everything in the room worked 100%. Check in was quick and easy, we did not make any special requests.

Breakfast buffet was WAY above expected quality and selection for a free hotel breakfast -- easily the best I've ever seen for free, and better than what you'd often get if you did pay.

The rates here are high, though with the water park and great free breakfast they're not unjustified. Alberta is just not a cheap hotel market these days. (It probably doesn't help that one company owns the three main hotels in Stettler.) However, we left happy and would go back.

Tip: this hotel was the only 2.5-star in Stettler on priceline.com, so if there's a good price available you can book without the usual "surprise factor" (just be aware of fees and $USD exchange rate, but still usually a good deal).

1  Thank kbmr

Thank you for writing a review for us, we appreciate it. We are so glad that Stettler Ramada met your standard of excellence. Please come and stay with us again and join us for that Wonderful continental breakfast.

Reviewed July 4, 2013