“JUST LIKE HOME SETTING.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Phoenix House B&B

Phoenix House B&B
Ranked #1 of 5 Stettler B&B and Inns
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“JUST LIKE HOME SETTING.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I so much enjoyed my stay with David & Barbara. The home was heaped in history and very
excellent in all aspects.
We like the deck and the wonderful meals.
Also liked the convenience of the location to all the amenities.
We felt very much at home and very comfortable.
The food was simply superb.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
St. Albert, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had the opportunity to experience staying at Phoenix House this Sept. 2013. Dave & Barbara Lynn are wonderful hosts who run a most friendly, welcoming & clean B & B. When Dave found out we were travelling from St.Albert, he suggested we take a side trip into the little town of Donalda to visit their museum which boasts a huge oil lamp collection. He is most knowledgeable about not only the Stettler area but surrounding communities & attractions. We would highly recommend the Phoenix House & look forward to returning in the future to explore more of what this beautiful area has to offer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dave G, Owner at Phoenix House B&B, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for your review of Phoenix House B&B. We hope to see you again in the future!
Stettler, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

This past weekend my daughter & I had an opportunity to enjoy the awesome hospitality of David & Barbara Lynn Goodwin and their lovely bed and breakfast. I would have no hesitation to recommend the Phoenix House in Stettler for anyone looking for a friendly, comfortable, amazing backyard complete with firepit. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Bristol UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed at Phoenix House in August 2012. It was a lovely experience - we were made to feel very welcome. I was doing the Stettler triathlon, and was given much encouragement and support right from the first phone call! I didn't have the full breakfast, but instead was given a special power bar to help me for the tri - a very thoughtful gesture!

I stayed with my husband and young daughter (12 months). We had a lot of fun patting the friendly cat. The room was tidy and clean and had everything we wanted.

An easy enjoyable stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank EmandMattUK
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

My son was competing in a badminton tournament in Stettler in February 2013. I didn't realize how quickly the hotels booked up for this event, and was left without any room availability. As a last thought, I looked up bed and breakfasts in Stettler. I didn't think there would be any listings, but there was - the Phoenix House. I called, and the personable man on the other end said he did have one room left for the weekend. When we arrived, I found the house to be absolutely charming. The "green room" was lovely and comfortable. Dave and Barb were outgoing and very interesting people, I wish I would have had more time just to sit and talk with them. They went out of their way to be accommodating and made sure breakfast was served in time to get to the tournament. Sitting around a table sharing a good meal and conversation with new people is a great experience, especially for kids who wouldn't normally get this kind of opportunity in a bigger city. I'm glad I didn't get a room in a boring, generic hotel - the Phoenix House made our weekend road trip much more memorable!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pam W
Kindersley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Two of my sisters and I stayed here in Sept.2012. We found the hosts to be very friendly.
Our room was very comfortable, had awesome breakfasts. Great landscaping and since
it was fall we spent lots of time on the deck. A very beautiful place. Certainly would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Calgary, AB
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

I’ve never stayed at a bed and breakfast before but decided we would give it a try while visiting Stettler since it would add to the small town charm of our trip. I was attracted to the Phoenix House because they had a very informative website with details on each room and had good reviews online.

When we showed up after our Alberta Prairies train ride, one of the owners, Dave, was at the door to welcome and greet us. He was very personable, just as he had been on the phone when I called to make the reservation. He showed us around his home and made us feel welcome.

Phoenix House B&B was originally built in 1916 and was lovingly restored after a disastrous fire. The house is so incredibly charming; it had a covered front verandah, a reading nook, a deck with an attached gazebo, patio with fountain, and a beautifully landscaped (award winning) garden.

It definitely was a very interesting experience staying at a B&B compared to a hotel. I felt like I was staying at a relative's house and had to make an effort to not be as noisy or messy as I normally would in a hotel. The other downside was that you can't really sleep in because breakfast is served promptly at 8:30am. So unless you wanted to eat a cold breakfast, you woke up in time.

Our room was very cozy and homey and had the most comfortable bed. The bedding and towels were clean and luxurious and the room included all the standard amenities you would find in a hotel. I had such a great sleep and relaxing stay here.

The next morning, Dave and Barb, cooked us a delicious wholesome breakfast, which consisted of omelettes, sausages, bacon, fruit and various baked goods (muffins and breads). It's been a while since I've sat down and eaten a proper homemade breakfast while enjoying a good conversation.

I had a good stay at the Phoenix House. It was a much more personal and charming visit than a hotel stay. I highly recommend the Phoenix House to anyone visiting Stettler!

Room Tip: Book ahead of time. There are three different rooms but they are all the same price. All of the room...