“Very impressed!”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Stettler
Red Deer, Canada
“Very impressed!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I worked with the management of the hotel to arrange a conference here. From the first contact they were completely in tune with our requirements. Early check-in and late check-out were no problem. Making sure that every attendee had the right room was handled superbly as were requests for changes. The hotel staff were genuinely proud of their property and they gave us a great welcome. Well done Brandi and team.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
gmcanaltastettler, General Manager at Stettler Canalta, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thank you very much Tim for your kind words. It was absolutely my pleasure to work with you and your partners on the planning of your summit. My team and I really enjoyed ourselves making sure that your needs where met. Please be sure to come back and see us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
MEDICINE HAT
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I recently attended a provincial conference at the Canalta Hotel in Stettler and was impressed by the level of service provided, the rooms, the cleanliness of the hotel and the staff. They went above and beyond to ensure delegates had an exceptional experience. My family decided to extend our stay and the Manager ensured that we enjoyed the experience by accomodating us in an exceptional room, providing insights into what to see and do in the area and providing us with coupons for a local restaurant. I highly recommend their suites for families - there is plenty of room and they are very comfortable. The hotel is a great get-away location for families and has a wonderful pool area and waterslide. The Boston Pizza is just a minute away and the local attractions such as the Stettler Steam Train and Ol' McDonald Farm are worth the visit. Thank you to Brandi and her staff for making that portion of our holiday and the conference a very worthwhile visit!

Room Tip: The two room family suites are worth the investment!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much Lisa for your kind words. My team and I loved having you all here for the Summit, and the great responses are showing us that we accomplished what we set out to do. We wanted to make your time in Stettler as comfortable, and memorable as possible. And thank you for taking the time to write a review as I find them to be the best tool out there to coach and/or praise my team.
Airdrie, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay in July 2013 for our provincial conference. I appreciate Canalta's standards in all their hotels. The location was easy to find with great parking. Check in and out was efficient. The room was very clean and comfortable. The hotel staff were amazing and made all of us welcome.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
gmcanaltastettler, General Manager at Stettler Canalta, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. We really enjoyed hosting the conference for you this year, and getting a chance to get to know a few of you. We would love to have you all back again at any time.
Spruce Grove, Canada
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I recently attend a conference at the Canalta Hotel in Stettler. Right from check-in to check-out the hotel was right on the mark. The front desk staff was professional, friendly and fully prepared for my arrival. My room was clean, well-organized and very comfortable. The cleaning staff was quick, friendly and more than willing to go that extra mile to make my stay enjoyable and relaxing. The in-house restaurant, business center, hot tub and pool make this hotel 5 stars in my book. I would stay here again anytime I require a room in Stettler. Well Done!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We welcome any and all comments as an opportunity to learn and grow. We thoroughly enjoyed having your group here for the conference, and loved the opportunity to show you what true Canalta hospitality is. We hope to see you again soon.
Edmonton
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I had reserved a room at this hotel as it was my partner's birthday, and he wanted to go on the historic Alberta Steam Train trip. However, about a week before going to Stettler, I read the negative reviews on Tripadvisor about this hotel, and emailed the manager of the hotel. Apparently some of the rooms are older and undergoing upgrades, plus there was some water damage to the carpets in that area. I'm sure that is what raised the poor reviews. We however, had a room in the newer hotel area, on the 2nd of 3 or 4 floors. The room was lovely. Very spacious, comfortable king sized bed, roomy bathroom, new flat screen TV, Coffee machine and coffee, fridge, and microwave. Free WiFi too. Our room backed onto a park area, so we didn't hear any traffic or other noises. The staff were all very friendly and gracious. In some ways, We had a comfortable and hospitable stay, and if I had any reason to return to Stettler, I'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the newer part of the hotel if you're prepared to be quiet after 10 or 11 PM.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Okotoks
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was unable to book the Ramada where I normally stay and since there was a hockey tournament in town, pickings were slim. This hotel room was only $10.00 less than the Ramada and there was no comparison. The room was very small, very old and had a very poor television. The curtains were half off the hook and did not close all the way. Since the window was on the walkway to the rooms, I had to use my dogs leash clip to pull the curtain across and then tied it to the door knob. I did not bother calling the office as the problems were not things that could be fixed without a great deal of work. This hotel is badly in need of a complete renovation. I would sleep in my car before I would ever stay there again.

Room Tip: If you want to choose a good room, go somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed at the Canalta in for my dad's 60th birthday. What a disappointment! We had booked 3 rooms, when we checked in we were sent to the motel side. The first room we checked into a had horrible smell and when asked for another room we were given one with the same smell. The carpets walking to our rooms were barely there, you could see the boards underneath. It is a $35/night hotel but priced like it was a 5 star! We had 6 children with us that were so excited to use the pool, then we find out you have to walk outside across the parking lot or through the pub entrance in order to get to the pool. Then we walked into the nice part of the hotel, it was a kick in the pants to see how nice the new part is and we got the crappy side. When we asked if there was a price difference we were informed that they were all priced the same and that people with children usually get the hotel side. We had booked 3 weeks prior to going and they knew we had 6 children, 4 under the age of 5. So i'm not sure why we were not given the pool side. In the morning we went for breakfast (if you can even call it that). There was no milk left for cereal, no muffins, no coffee, nothing! There wasn't even any room to sit! I think they have room for 12 people and even then it's crowded. The worse part, upon checking out, we told the lady at the front desk about all our disappointments, she just shrugged us off like she didn't care. So we spend over $400 for a horrible experience to celebrate a special occasion. I really hope the management of this facility gets their staff some training on how to be considerate to their customers, and inform everyone that this is a motel/hotel not a fancy hotel that they say they are!

Room Tip: Ask for the hotel side of the Canalta!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family