“You can not miss it right on the highway”

Strathmore Station Restaurant And Pub
Ranked #1 of 43 Restaurants in Strathmore
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2017

Took the motor bike out for a spin and ended up in Strathmore at lunch time.Been through this town many times and the Strathmore Station is a landmark, big station house right on the highway. Friendly service, lots on the menu. Picked liver and onions, I do not get it at home, and a burger. Portions are trucker size. Burger was 8 oz. Liver and onions came out as waitress said, tender, mushrooms, onions, gravy, some roasted veg bacon, and fries. Burger big and loaded. All was good but the fries were not up to standard like the rest of our order. There were to many little bits and the crispness was not there.There is no problem finding it and would stop again.

1  Thank Cosmopolitan810333

Reviewed August 4, 2017

We have stopped several times and although the food is tasty --- they are getting pricey. We specifically choose a road trip to come here and were shocked at the increased pricing.
We had Chicken Parmigan and Jambalaya = $ 42.50.
Perhaps because they have alot of highway traffic, feel they can take advantage of tired travellers.
Service was very friendly and efficient and the restaurant is very clean.

1  Thank panbk4g
Reviewed July 26, 2017

Had the steak sandwich and chicken wings. Both were fantastic and the service was fast and friendly. Will return next time I am near Strathmore.

Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

It has so often been a treat to stop at the Station during meal time as we travel to and from Calgary. On Mother's Day we stopped with family whom all had great meals with the exception of mine being the meat loaf dinner. Meat loaf was thinly slice and appeared to be place on the grill to reheat causing it to be extremely dry. I did have the manager stop by our table to apologize, ask if he could have something else prepared fore me. Everyone at our table had finished eating so my answer was no thank you. I stress that reheating meatloaf on a grill to serve was just not in his best interest. My meal was however deducted from our bill.
Over all the service was great, staff courteous and friendly, service prompt but prices are in my opinion beyond what many traveller and families are afford these days.
July 22/17 on our way home from the airport we stopped once again to find prices extremely high for many of the meals. Our Phily beef sandwiches I believe we're $18 each compared to other exceptional restaurants charging $10 - $14 for the same or better. It was nice to see some actually come to our table asking how our meal was and if he could get us anything else.
I have always recommended the Station to friends and family as a must stop where now with the prices I can not due to the pricing.

1  Thank Bettyann55
Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

You gotta eat here. Great atmosphere and solid food. Second time here. Everything was perfect. Can't beat the price either. Will return and recommend.