“A perfect place” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Rocking R Guest Ranch
“A perfect place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I spent two nights at the Rocking R Guest Ranch and will definitely be back. My cabin was so clean and filled with little extras like popcorn and candy, real cream for my coffee, tea and coffee, brand new magazines and even videos. Not that I used them. I did use the hot tub, and went to pet the beautiful horses, then back to the cabin for a real fireplace. Breakfast was fresh fruit and perfectly made eggs bennie overlooking Eagle Lake.
I never wax poetic about holiday places but honestly, I will go back again....and again.
Go and support Terri and Marvin and their wonderful Ranch. I left relaxed and ready to face the world again.

Room Tip: Dinner in Langley was an added treat.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have to say I was just a bit reluctant to go to this weekend away not really knowing what to expect but our friend promised that the accomodations were spectacular and the service was great. Well I have to say I was absolutely thrilled with it all.The cabin was impeccable and Terri absolutely thought of everything you would need just in case. The view was incredible with horses just outside our door of our cabin. Terri even has a turn down service at night with the chocolates left on your pillow. Our breakfasts were cooked to perfection as well as she had some selections for me being gluten free. I am a real diva and very picky to say the least but I can't think of one thing I would have changed on our weekend away except to make it longer, much longer. Thanks Terri for a wonderful weekend and for your being so accommodating. Oh, I would definately recommend a massage..it was fabulous! See you soon Terri...can't wait to come back for more R&R.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 4 person cabin and had 2 of us stay in the house in an extra room in the basement...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I were given 2 nights at the Rocking R as a wedding gift. We had no idea just how lovely this gift was. The ranch has a beautiful view of Eagle lake with the mountains in the distance and wonderfully landscaped surroundings. A bonus was the 9 horses in the fenced pasture outside our door. Nothing could be more idyllic. Inside the "Bunk House" was a beautifully appointed 2 bedroom cottage with everything you could hope for - fireplace, well stocked kitchen, as many movies as you could possibly want for a rainy night and an amazing collection of games. If you aren't a rider, the Tyrell Museum is about an hour away, and the delightful Rosebud Theatre is about 30 minutes away. Terri is a fantastic cook and the breakfasts were enough to last you through supper. Our only regret is that we didn't have more time there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sherwood Park, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I visited Rocking R Guest Ranch recently for a relaxing getaway and could not have been more pleased (and relaxed)! From the breathtaking views, to the cozy cabin, the amazing food and exceptional hospitality, it was an Amazing place to visit.
We will definitely be back in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

What an unexpected surprise this place was ... hats off to our hosts Terri and Marv! This tranquil little spot is a short drive from Calgary and an even shorter drive to Strathmore but feels so far from all of the noise and chaos of everyday life. From the minute we entered our cozy but modern cabin we could want for nothing as every detail was covered, including soft robes, slippers, movies and even treats! Mornings started off with hot coffee and an absolutely delicious breakfast delivered right to our cabin. Afterwards, step outside to enjoy the sunshine, lake views and the beautiful horses feeding in the pasture. Prior to our stay, we had arranged through Terri to have massages in the cabin ... very convenient and relaxing. The evenings were just as enjoyable - watching an unobstructed sunset over the lake, roasting marshmallows at the fire pit and winding things down with a hot tub. I definitely recommend a stay at Rocking R just to get away from it all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Terri and Marv are the perfect hosts, at this stunning location. The location is great, feels like it is deep in the country with stunning views, but a short drive to restaurants and shops.Every little touch has been thought of including arrival snacks, organic local bathroom products, and truly amazing breakfast at your cabin made and delivered by Terri. We took the chance to go for a trail ride, and despite the flooding an alternative trail was found. The horses suited all abilities and we thoroughly enjoyed our ride (followed by a restorative hot tub)! We also loved having a go at driving the 2 beautiful Clydesdales! To have friendly cats and horses on the doorstep of our cabin was so special. Thank you for sharing your home with us, it was a memorable part of our honeymoon.

Room Tip: The hitchin post cabin is perfect for a couple wanting a romantic break. Use the bug spray provided...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have no hesitations whatsoever of recommending Rocking R Guest Ranch! It is as suited for couples as it is for a small family or a friends' get together. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by Terri and it was all uphill from there. I had my ten year old niece with me and she was delighted by the cabin, beautiful, immaculate and decorated in an upscale Western fashion. The hot tub is but a few feet away and we enjoyed it, especially before going to bed.
Marvin took my niece riding twice; he inspired confidence by his calm and encouraging ways.
The setting, a clean and well maintained yard with horses nearby, the rustling in the trees and the view of the lake made for an extremely relaxed vacation.
Breakfasts were awesome and I cannot say enough of both Terri and Marvin and their generous hospitality. I can hardly wait to go back next year, if I can wait that long! There is a wonderful wood burning fireplace which would make it really cosy in the fall.
It is well located as Drumheller and Rosebud are but 45 minutes away.
Simone Doucette

Room Tip: Both cabins are beautiful; it depends if you want one or two bedrooms!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family