“so good- and nothing like it for miles!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vidas

Vidas
Cuisines: Canadian, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Vancouver BC
“so good- and nothing like it for miles!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We drove by this place- and decided to go -so glad we did! All four of us loved it- I didnt find it as pricy as the restaurants on the lower mainland- and the food was to die for. We walked in and they had gotten extremely busy- she told us right away- and we actually didnt find the wait too long. I cant say enough about the food- and the service- friendly and wonderful. There isnt a restaurant like that around! (Also went to the Hills- not even close)

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Sharon1030

Vancouver, Canada
“Freshest food in the interior!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stop by Vidas as often as I can when I drive though the 108, and it has never disappointed! The beautiful hostess/owner clearly takes pride in providing the best quality of food, beverages, and service to her guests! I've never had the slightest impression that she will lower her standards so she can lower her already reasonable prices to get in a bigger crowd of locals: for that I applaud her! If this were in VAncouver, i would go regularly, finding it in the Cariboo was a very pleasant surprise!

• Visited June 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Pricey but good food. Interesting log cabin decor with lovely paintings and photos on the wall. Good selection on menu. Price a bit high but food well presented and tasty.

• Visited October 2012
Houghton, Michigan
“Unbelievable and don't miss!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

I've owned a cabin and bit of bush in the Lac La Hache area since 1990. I've always had to temper my expectations of local restaurants, but not any more, now that I've found Vidas! In fact, I dare say that I may have had one of the nicest meals last week among any restaurant I've ever visited, from Vancouver to Toronto to Dublin or Oslo. This place is wonderful, with excellent service, outstanding food (quality and menu selection), great atmosphere and very appropriate pricing. A value and a gem and one should not pass by.

My extended family passed through last week and on a whim we decided on Vidas. Decor is log cabin, simple, cozy and clean with burgundy interior walls and local art tastefully hung. A nice view to the south over the lake would make a beautiful sunset meal. Tables, settings all clean and modern. Plenty of parking out front and easy to find from the highway.

We ordered a very reasonably priced bottle of red wine and perished the menu. Choices were excellent including chicken, turkey, lamb and pasta. Everyone, including the vegetarians, found something that appealed to them. My kids both ordered a mushroom Alfredo pasta, half-order size. I had the turkey breast with lemon wine reduction and baked potato. What arrived was a beautiful plate with a modest portion of turkey balanced with excellent sides including red cabbage, beets, carrot, corn-on-the-cob and potato. All perfectly prepared, hot and flavourful. Quite a surprise to have an elegant meal rich with sides. The turkey was perfectly prepared, tender, and well matched to the meal.

Five adults, two kids, bottle of wine, milk for the kids and juice for grandpa, and three desserts plus tip for $200 was a very reasonable dinner out indeed.

My father had stopped by the night before (a Saturday) and the place was packed. They recommended we make a reservation for Sunday, which we did, but it turned out quiet that night with just a couple of tables plus ours. Nice conversation with friendly locals was a plus.

What a jem!

Lac La Hache, Canada
“An Oasis - locals MUST support this outstanding restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I travel. Extensively. World-wide. And I rarely find this level of quality, service and dedication to doing it right. I make it a point to dine here at least weekly when I am in the area, so have tried most menu items, all with the same scrumptious outcome. Prime cuts. Fresh veggies not overcooked. Sauces to die for. Nice wine selection. I find the prices very reasonable too, having paid lots more for the same, or less quality, elsewhere. It can be tough to offer this level of dining experience in smaller centers, where fast food or greasy spoons are more common, so I hope the locals realize what a gem they have in their backyard. If you live in the vicinity, treat yourself, special someone or friends. If you are just passing through, you really MUST try this. Call ahead for a reservation. ENJOY!

• Visited October 2012