“Bathe in the Woods”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in 108 Mile Ranch
San Jose, California, United States
“Bathe in the Woods”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Green forest carpeting the hills to the horizon. The horses neighing in the meadow below my back deck awaken me; otherworldly. Everyone is happy. Every one is smiling. Everyone is filled with an inner glow. All of us are working hard making changes; thinking highly of ourselves and others.
Yoga ~ Cardio ~ Hiking beside beautiful lakes ~ Aquafit ~ discovering wild swans ~ riding horses ~ paddling canoes ~ cycling.
Dynamite workshops to choose from with caring professionals to advise you in all you have ever wanted to become. Invest in you.
The Spa Cuisine Chefs rock your world as you sit at the table reserved just for you the entire time you are there. The servers will insist you let them know what you wan tor need and have a good sense of humor too.
I tried five of the many Spa treatments and walked out full of peace and serenity each time.
I was committed; I sweated ~ worked hard. Flew home with a new healthy lifestyle.
I believe anything can happen here as you bathe in the woods of The Hills.
A week ~ ten days ~ a month ~ ~ ~ Priceless.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Roy P
patcorbett, Owner at Spruce Hill Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your summary review of your experience here with us!! So happy that you enjoyed our food, our fitness classes, our hikes, the staff & their service & services, along with the professionalism of the Wellness Team! We are very thankful that you chose to come our way for your "Investment into your Health", and that you were "bathed in our woods"!! Thats what we hope for with all of our guests, and we are sooooo happy you have returned home renewed!! Bless you and thank you for staying with us, can't wait to see you again!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Powell River, Canada
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I have just found this Tripadvisor site and read some of the reviews. Funny , I never thought of looking into areas like this before I made my decission to book a three month stay at The Hill's . I had never heard of this place or was even quite sure where it was . No I am not a fool nor do I have money to throw away . I read the information on there website and I beleived what they were saying . So on July 22ed I made The Hill's my Home for the next three months . I knew no one there and they knew nothing about me . I came with no expectation , only hope . As I write this , so many faces and moments flash before me . The Hills was a place for honeymooner , family reunions , bus tours , old friends getting together , mom's and daughters making a memory , weddings , just a place to stop for the night . I saw them all and meet most . The prime theam I heard from them all was ' you are here for 3 months ! Wow ! I would love to do that ' . Yes I missed family and friends and home . But there was never a day that went by that all the staff that I came in contact with gave me a Hi , a Hug , hey , you are doing great ! , is there Anything we can do for you . And it was all felt by me with warmth and caring. Yes , I could have got all that at home . And yes my home offers all the excerize programs and healthy meal advisors , that The Hill's advertises . But if you want '' ME Time '' . To feel special every day . To start every day feeling great , and looking forward to what it holds . I would go to The Hill's . I want to Thank Everyone at The Hills . I am afraid I might miss someone if I start naming you all. Thank you for helping me put the glow that everyone is commenting on back into my life . The Lady will return .

• Stayed July 2013
patcorbett, Owner at Spruce Hill Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thank you for staying with us those wonderful 90 days!! We are honoured to have helped "bring back the glow into your life", as you know now this is what we try to do everyday! So happy you enjoyed our staff, our services, our room & food, and the great walking, fit-classes & time in the pool together. Looking forward to your return MH !
Armstrong, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I recently travelled to Hills Health Rach with 8 other friends for a ladies weekend getaway. Non eof us had every been there and as this was our first adventure away expectations were high. It turned out to be an unforgetable weekend! We had done a bit of reserch on the internet and had a bit of an idea as to what to expect, yes the cabin were a little dated but clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and welcoming, the horses were a dream and the hayride sing-along was a true highlight. Midway through our first day we were already making plans to return next year. Thanks Hills Health Ranch, you made these Mommies very happy!!

1 Thank 110dianem
patcorbett, Owner at Spruce Hill Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you very much for all of you coming to stay with us!!! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our chalets, and that you found them clean & comfortable! Wonderful to read as well how much you enjoyed our horseback riding, our fun-filled evening hayride singalong party, & that you experienced great service from our staff!! And especially pleased to see that you are planning your return visit!!! Try us in the winter too, its magic here!!
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Our family decided to go here for thanksgiving dinner instead of doing all the hard work ourselves.
There was situation with the serving staff that left us with absolute disgust. The manager treated the staff horribly and we honestly thought the 2 girls were going to walk out cause I know I sure would have!!! The manager did nothing but sat people and barked orders and treated the staff like they were idiots!!! She even went as far as putting on a show to customers she was sitting cause she barked for the girls to get ready a table and knowing that the table wasn't ready she brought the party over to the table then said to the party oh well isn't this unreal well let's look at the plants aren't they pretty and pointing things out to the party so they would know she was upset with the staff and their slowness which I must say they weren't slow by any means and we watched as she barked a million different orders at them expecting it to all be done within minutes!!! The one sever she was treating poorly was our server and she was fantastic!!!! Even though she was relatively new she did an amazing job serving us and other guests!!! The other was a young girl and I swear I saw tears coming down her face!! This treatment towards the staff ruined our dinner

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Bevmatchesou
patcorbett, Owner at Spruce Hill Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you so much for coming to enjoy our Thanksgiving Dinner, from all reports from the guests the food was thoroughly enjoyed & appreciated. We are also very pleased to read that your server was also "Excellent". I also agree with your observations on how our dining room supervisor handled the other staff on the floor that night, it was brought to our attention later that evening. I can only say that the supervisor is currently not on the schedule at this time. We have prided ourselves in our 30 years that our staff needs to display 3 core values towards each other while working, and those core values are Harmony, Caring, & Nurturing. Those core values are in all job descriptions and form the cornerstone of our guest service, and is why for 30 years we have had good reports on our staff services, & is also why so many staff have stayed here for many years. Though the food was great, & you report that your server was "excellent", the supervisory experience did not hit the usual standard that we are known for, and I hope you give us a 2nd chance to serve you
Tomslake
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I came by The Hills on my way home from Vancouver to Tomslake just to check it out because I have reservations for a family reunion here and I was pleasantly surprised that someone was available to give me a full tour.
It's a beautiful place, peaceful and serene. It really has everything you need for an all around great get-away!
I decided to stay the night and awoke to the most spectacular sunrise!!! Full panorama!
It's not very often that you can find a resort with such beauty and peace with an affordable price also!

Room Tip: I think the chalets are perfect for more than two, otherwise the rooms are very comfortable for two!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Amy V
patcorbett, Owner at Spruce Hill Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us, and thank you for your review as well! So glad you enjoyed the room, the quiet, & the extensive amenities. We're all looking forward to your return in a month!!
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I flew in with our friends last weekend and what an amazing experience! Riding up to a panoramic lookout through the stunning countryside amid trees changing to fall colors and around a pristine lake was a dream come true! The wonderful staff made our experience as new horseback riders a very pleasant and comfortable one. We really enjoyed the 'horse whispering' session as well as the breakfast ride with cowboy coffee, beans and pancakes in a TeePee. Our accommodation in the lodge was quiet and comfortable. The food was excellent and we give two big thumbs up for the new chef who treated us to a spectacular meal our last night there. Thank you so much for your lovely company and a very memorable holiday weekend. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Room Tip: Room 43 at the lodge has a nice view over the countryside.
1 Thank Emily L
patcorbett, Owner at Spruce Hill Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful words of review of your stay! Very happy you found your room comfortable and clean and with a great view! It was great that you experienced our new Chef Cliffs amazing cuisine too! He has brought on a new highly skilled Red Seal Sous Chef as well, amazing things are coming out of our kitchen! Thrilled to hear you enjoyed the horseback riding, our Signature horsewhispering experience, and our staff and services!! Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your experience with us!!
Victoria
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We flew in by private plane and were greeted by Pat Corbett himself on the runway. The personal touch. About a three minute shuttle to the ranch transported us to another world for a few days. We were in a chalet, it was spotless and the smell of rose hip oils greeted us, and still lingers in my memory. It was so quiet and restful and the hospitality and service was top notch. We horse whispered, rode two days, went to the teepee on a hay wagon, and ate very good food. In fact we were there the first night that the new chef was on board. Look out cariboo country, this chef is great. I think his name is Chef Cliff. The Hills food is fresh, clean and full of flavour, and important to me good size portions. And a great wine list. (The only thing that wasn't perfect was I lost the billiard match...but I guess I have to own that). What a fun place to relax.
Then The Corbetts drove us back to the plane, and the 6 of us headed back to the coast, and our busy lives.
Can't wait to return.
This is the finest in hospitality, in a beautiful and authentic setting.

Room Tip: We had a chalet and friends were in the lodge. All of us mentioned how quiet it was, and the comfort...
36 Thank Victorialocal
patcorbett, Owner at Spruce Hill Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments about your stay with us! Its such a privilege to have guests keep returning to enjoy the many amenities that we have here, including Horse Whispering and the great riding, and our own airstrip right out the door!! Thank you again for bringing your friends to the ranch, and glad you enjoyed the meals from our new chef Cliff!! He is amazing!! Thank you again for taking the time to write a review, and we'll hope to see you on skis this winter!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near 108 Mile Ranch
#2 of 7 in 100 Mile House
Super 8 100 Mile House
Super 8 100 Mile House
#1 of 7 in 100 Mile House

Been to Spruce Hill Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!