“Fantastic Getaway!!!”

Spruce Hill Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in 108 Mile Ranch
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I recently travelled to Hills Health Rach with 8 other friends for a ladies weekend getaway. Non eof us had every been there and as this was our first adventure away expectations were high. It turned out to be an unforgetable weekend! We had done a bit of reserch on the internet and had a bit of an idea as to what to expect, yes the cabin were a little dated but clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and welcoming, the horses were a dream and the hayride sing-along was a true highlight. Midway through our first day we were already making plans to return next year. Thanks Hills Health Ranch, you made these Mommies very happy!!

1  Thank 110dianem
patcorbett, Owner at Spruce Hill Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Thank you very much for all of you coming to stay with us!!! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our chalets, and that you found them clean & comfortable! Wonderful to read as well how much you enjoyed our horseback riding, our fun-filled evening hayride singalong party, & that you experienced great service from our staff!! And especially pleased to see that you are planning your return visit!!! Try us in the winter too, its magic here!!

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Our family decided to go here for thanksgiving dinner instead of doing all the hard work ourselves.
There was situation with the serving staff that left us with absolute disgust. The manager treated the staff horribly and we honestly thought the 2 girls were going to walk out cause I know I sure would have!!! The manager did nothing but sat people and barked orders and treated the staff like they were idiots!!! She even went as far as putting on a show to customers she was sitting cause she barked for the girls to get ready a table and knowing that the table wasn't ready she brought the party over to the table then said to the party oh well isn't this unreal well let's look at the plants aren't they pretty and pointing things out to the party so they would know she was upset with the staff and their slowness which I must say they weren't slow by any means and we watched as she barked a million different orders at them expecting it to all be done within minutes!!! The one sever she was treating poorly was our server and she was fantastic!!!! Even though she was relatively new she did an amazing job serving us and other guests!!! The other was a young girl and I swear I saw tears coming down her face!! This treatment towards the staff ruined our dinner

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Bevmatchesou
patcorbett, Owner at Spruce Hill Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you so much for coming to enjoy our Thanksgiving Dinner, from all reports from the guests the food was thoroughly enjoyed & appreciated. We are also very pleased to read that your server was also "Excellent". I also agree with your observations on how our dining room supervisor handled the other staff on the floor that night, it was brought to our attention later that evening. I can only say that the supervisor is currently not on the schedule at this time. We have prided ourselves in our 30 years that our staff needs to display 3 core values towards each other while working, and those core values are Harmony, Caring, & Nurturing. Those core values are in all job descriptions and form the cornerstone of our guest service, and is why for 30 years we have had good reports on our staff services, & is also why so many staff have stayed here for many years. Though the food was great, & you report that your server was "excellent", the supervisory experience did not hit the usual standard that we are known for, and I hope you give us a 2nd chance to serve you

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I came by The Hills on my way home from Vancouver to Tomslake just to check it out because I have reservations for a family reunion here and I was pleasantly surprised that someone was available to give me a full tour.
It's a beautiful place, peaceful and serene. It really has everything you need for an all around great get-away!
I decided to stay the night and awoke to the most spectacular sunrise!!! Full panorama!
It's not very often that you can find a resort with such beauty and peace with an affordable price also!

Room Tip: I think the chalets are perfect for more than two, otherwise the rooms are very comfortable for two!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Amy V
patcorbett, Owner at Spruce Hill Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us, and thank you for your review as well! So glad you enjoyed the room, the quiet, & the extensive amenities. We're all looking forward to your return in a month!!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I flew in with our friends last weekend and what an amazing experience! Riding up to a panoramic lookout through the stunning countryside amid trees changing to fall colors and around a pristine lake was a dream come true! The wonderful staff made our experience as new horseback riders a very pleasant and comfortable one. We really enjoyed the 'horse whispering' session as well as the breakfast ride with cowboy coffee, beans and pancakes in a TeePee. Our accommodation in the lodge was quiet and comfortable. The food was excellent and we give two big thumbs up for the new chef who treated us to a spectacular meal our last night there. Thank you so much for your lovely company and a very memorable holiday weekend. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Room Tip: Room 43 at the lodge has a nice view over the countryside.
1  Thank Emily L
patcorbett, Owner at Spruce Hill Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful words of review of your stay! Very happy you found your room comfortable and clean and with a great view! It was great that you experienced our new Chef Cliffs amazing cuisine too! He has brought on a new highly skilled Red Seal Sous Chef as well, amazing things are coming out of our kitchen! Thrilled to hear you enjoyed the horseback riding, our Signature horsewhispering experience, and our staff and services!! Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your experience with us!!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We flew in by private plane and were greeted by Pat Corbett himself on the runway. The personal touch. About a three minute shuttle to the ranch transported us to another world for a few days. We were in a chalet, it was spotless and the smell of rose hip oils greeted us, and still lingers in my memory. It was so quiet and restful and the hospitality and service was top notch. We horse whispered, rode two days, went to the teepee on a hay wagon, and ate very good food. In fact we were there the first night that the new chef was on board. Look out cariboo country, this chef is great. I think his name is Chef Cliff. The Hills food is fresh, clean and full of flavour, and important to me good size portions. And a great wine list. (The only thing that wasn't perfect was I lost the billiard match...but I guess I have to own that). What a fun place to relax.
Then The Corbetts drove us back to the plane, and the 6 of us headed back to the coast, and our busy lives.
Can't wait to return.
This is the finest in hospitality, in a beautiful and authentic setting.

Room Tip: We had a chalet and friends were in the lodge. All of us mentioned how quiet it was, and the comfort...
36  Thank Victorialocal
patcorbett, Owner at Spruce Hill Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments about your stay with us! Its such a privilege to have guests keep returning to enjoy the many amenities that we have here, including Horse Whispering and the great riding, and our own airstrip right out the door!! Thank you again for bringing your friends to the ranch, and glad you enjoyed the meals from our new chef Cliff!! He is amazing!! Thank you again for taking the time to write a review, and we'll hope to see you on skis this winter!!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Just returned from a weekend at the ranch and although we always have a good time there I always feel a little cheated by their high prices and poor quality. We usually igo once a yea r for a golfing, card playing, shopping et c. with friends from prince George and meet half way with another couple that come up from Kelowna. We have not found any other facility that can accommodate 6 of us in one unit so we continue to go to the ranch. We usually do some of our own cooking and the chalet has very minimal cooking utentils (all bought at the thrift store I think) 1 carving knife, no potato peeler, 1 oven mitt, not enough dishes for six even though they knew there would be 6 of us. They unscrew most of the light bulbs (they are not burnt out just unscrewed!!!) so that you use minimal electricity. Furniture is also from thrift store. Don't get me wrong I like the thrift store and the idea of re use recycle re purpose but not when I pay $150. a night. I don't have very high standard and even I would have to say it isn't that clean.

On the plus side the chalets have great water pressure in the shower.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review, and thank you for returning to the ranch! A few comments 1) we do NOT EVER unscrew a light bulb, in fact we have replaced all of our 2000 bulbs throughout the ranch with very expensive low energy, LED bulbs, everywhere!! 2000 of them, very very low energy bulbs, only 15% of our normal wattage!!! I can only think that former guests may have unscrewed the bulb to reduce the amount of lighting...because we never do such a thing! 2) Similarly, our utensils etc do not come from the Thrift Store...but our food suppliers/wholesalers...(you would be stunned however at the theft of these type of items)..& 3) our rooms & chalets include indoor pools, a huge fitness center, hundreds & even thousands of acres of land for hiking/walking on 150 km of mapped & marked trails that we maintain year-round, & more...so as a resort we offer alot of amenities/services as a part of the room that others do not & cannot...We are sooooo thankful for our repeat guests and are thankful that you do meet here with your friends & family, which is why we have not increased our chalet rates in many, many years... Meanwhile, as we equip all of our chalets for 6, we have asked the housekeepers to check all units to ensure that there is enough utensils , plates, etc for 6....if you would like to let us know which unit you were in, that would be helpful too? I hope we can see you again, as we work to improve all aspects of our service and amenities for you....

Reviewed October 4, 2013

When this ranch was built many years ago, I think it was a great place to stay and value for money was there. I know it is very hard and it costs a lot of money to keep a property like this updated. I do find though that the place is in need of updates in order to keeps guests coming in the future. We stayed in a 3-bedroom cabin for 3 nights. The carpet as well as the furniture (especially the couch) are worn. The pool and hot tub could use some maintenance and updating. We didn't use any services they offered. We were disappointed though to see how much spa treatments, meals, guided walks, horseback riding etc would cost. May we suggest to give Ranch guests a discount (for example fitness classes for $5 instead of $10)? Overall the cabin was clean and the staff were friendly. Another thing to consider is that they allow pets in all cabins. So if you are allergic to pet/pet hair this is not where you should stay.

Room Tip: The 3-bedroom cabins are self-contained with full kitchen. 2 bedrooms upstairs (but no bathroom) and...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
patcorbett, Owner at Spruce Hill Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for your review....I am happy that you found your chalet clean, and our staff friendly!! Just so you know, our prices for our spa, riding, hiking, fit-classes have not increased in some cases for over 10 years, so I thought I would mention that so that you are aware. In the pool area, the entire pool area was renovated about 5 years ago complete with new tile flooring, but there is never an end to keeping up with things for sure. By the way, if you can let me know who you are, so we can check out the "worn couch", so we can deal with it, that would be great, as have asked the housekeepers to try to identify it!! And YES, we are a pet friendly resort, but just so you knowd there are only certain few hotel rooms where pets are allowed, and in our 3 bedroom chalets, we have some chalets where pets are NOT welcome or allowed for exactly the reason of allergies that you mention. So I hope this helps clarify a b it more... thank you again for your comments, and we look forward to serving you again, soon!! Soo Glad you found us clean and friendly!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near 108 Mile Ranch
#2 of 8 in 100 Mile House
100 Mile Motel and RV Park
100 Mile Motel and RV Park
#5 of 8 in 100 Mile House

Been to Spruce Hill Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!