“Beautiful view”
Review of 108 Resort

108 Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in 108 Mile Ranch
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I chose the 108 Mile Resort because it listed trail riding as an activity and I wanted to take a ride in the Cariboo country. Kind of a waste, I guess, because I have no interest in playing golf on this trip and the course, which I overlooked from my balcony, appears to be very good. The rest of the view was just as striking: two lakes, low forested ridges and the resort pool. The room faces west, so in the afternoon, you have to shut the drapes to keep the heat down, but in the morning it's a glorious place for a coffee, easily made with in-room coffee maker. Continental breakfast is also included in the price - a decent spread with waffles, fruit, toast, bagels, pastries etc. On the meal side, my only disappointment was that the restaurant was not open when we arrived (Sunday night) and we had to drive back into 100 Mile House for dinner. Our room is spacious and comfortable - a bit dated on the decor side and only a small TV, which is absolutely no problem for me as I'm only interested in the news, but for some it would be an issue. Large, very clean bathroom. Overall, very good value.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Laurie C

Reviewed August 1, 2014

The service at 108 mile ranch was exceptional! I was particularly impressed by the front desk man Uri, he was very helpful in assisting us with pointing out the exciting activities and amenities within the ranch and in the surrounding area. The room its self could use some upgrading and TLC but was clean and for the most part comfortable... except for the beds.The pillows were not what you would expect from a hotel. They were quite flat but luckily there were plenty of them when we asked for more. The pool and sauna were probably my favorite parts of the resorts. Both clean, well maintained and enjoyable. The golf course is vast and beautiful and made for a very scenic view from our room. The Continental breakfast was another favorite of my stay. Fresh fluffy waffles and fresh fruit was the highlight of it.
all in all I would come back in a heart beat. Thank you Uri and all of 108 Mile ranch staff for your hospitality. See you soon!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ashley M
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We stayed at the resort in 2007 and had a wonderful time so we made sure we stayed here on our trip south on Hwy 97. The room was excessively hot due to an overly small air conditioner for the room size. Also floors were radiating heat from what I guessed was a laundry or boiler room in the basement below. The dinning room was gone as the resort club house burned down a few years ago and the Hanger Pub at the airport was closed. We had to drive to 100 Mile House for dinner. Not the relaxing resort experience we were expecting. The blanket on our bed had a spot of a dry crusty substance on it that I won't describe further. Needless to say we won't be back.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
uriahf, Director of Sales at 108 Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Hello Steve,

How nice of you to take the time to tell us about your experience. I am terribly sorry that your room was excessively warm. You are correct in assuming that below your room a hot water pipe had ruptured, causing an excess of warm air and humid moisture to seep out and in to your room.
Unfortunately, we were unaware of this matter before you were booked in to the room. As such, we have since managed to rectify the problem and remedy the situation.

As previously addressed in a number of responses to reviews we are currently attempting to upgrade both the air conditioners and the televisions over the coming winter. Sadly, the previous owners cheapened out when it came to replace the A/C units and purchased residential instead of commercial units. As such, we are in the process of replacing a number of the less efficient units and hope to have the matter entirely solved by the coming season.

Our restaurant and convention centre were sadly, both the victims of separate and suspicious arsons and as such, we have had to rebuild both our restaurant and pro shop, with the funds that had been allocated to the renovation and reinvigoration of the main resort building. We are extremely happy with the response that The Hanger has received from both guests and the public; it really is too bad that you arrived on one of the two days a week in which it is closed. Due to the lack of willing workers in the community, we are simply unable to operate the restaurant everyday, despite our own best efforts. It is a very real problem faced by the majority of smaller business in rural communities.

I have nothing to say except I am terribly sorry for the blanket incident. Although we do pride ourselves on being the cleanest resort in town, the truth is that sometimes things do slip past our housekeepers. Again, I am so very sorry and can assure you that this is not even close to the norm for our establishment. You are free to read the other reviews from previous guests to see this for yourself.

Thank you and I do hope that perhaps you will find it in your heart to stay with us again. We would love the opportunity to make this error up to you and show you that although unfortunate what happened to you is by no means what is to be expected when staying with us.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed at the resort in mid July 2014 and were very impressed. The first thing we noticed were the friendly and helpful staff. The front desk agent at the time, Uri, was eager to help with any issue we encountered, and his sense of humor made him especially enjoyable to talk to. We arrived quite late after a long drive from Vancouver and although the pool was technically closed we were still allowed to go for a quick swim. we found the pool to be adequately sized and remarkably warm. After a swim its just a short walk to the saunas which were also clean and enjoyable. The room was more than enough space for us, was very clean, and the air conditioner functioned well, keeping us cool despite the hot caribou summer. The view from the balcony was impeccable, especially during sunset while the sky lit up with beautiful colours looking out over the golf course and the two lakes. We really enjoyed the free continental breakfast with a self serve waffle maker. The waffles were delicious! one of the highlights of my trip. lunch is available at a snack shop a short walk into the course, the burger I had there was very quickly prepared, reasonably priced, and tasted like a high quality burger. the lady running the snack shop was very accommodating and did everything she could to make our lunch experience enjoyable. we didn't get a chance to check out the restaurant as we had prior engagements with a friend who lives in the area. also we don't golf so we didn't try out the course but it was nice staying at the golf course anyways as it offers an incredible view, a nice grass smell, and a place to go for a walk. we didn't end up bringing our dog this time but were informed that pet rooms are available so we will be bringing her next time.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jordan A
Reviewed July 22, 2014

we just returned from a trip through cariboo region, & in most part enjoyed stay. the golf course was superb, nice course, & great views from rear balcony. Room was ok, very much in need of some TLC, as was easy to tell nothing had been done in room fro number of years. the bed though, well it would have been more comfortable sleeping on floor then on the beds, I had springs sticking out the side of mattress. the worst part of trip was when we checked out & gal at front desk didnt seem to care & when I mentioned bed, she became very abrupt & said have good day. Not good customer service. I know if I owned hotel & she was like that with a customer I would have terminated her on spot. we

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Hi there Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time to review your time spent with us. I am very sorry to hear about the lack of concern the front desk attendant showed at the time of your check out. I can assure you that the isolated instance, which you encountered, is by no means the manner in which we act or how we treat guests. We pride ourselves on the highest level of customer service that we are able to provide at all time. I can assure you that the employee has been spoken to and the issue has been directly addressed. As well, a set of clearly outlined and specific courses of action has been laid out for how to deal with similar instances that may arise in the future. Again, we are very sorry for the lack of empathy that you encountered when informing our staff of the issue.

I have been speaking with the owner and have brought to his attention the matter of the beds, as well as a few others that have been addressed in previous reviews and responses, and we are making plans for renovations and upgrades over the coming winter months. However, as the poet Robert Burns once said, and I am sure as we are all well aware, "the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry."

I am very pleased that you were able to experience and enjoy our 18 hole CPGA rated championship golf course. Our spectacular grounds crew has worked tirelessly over the last year to bring it to the highest quality the course has been in at least a decade. We are so very proud of the course and as it is now brought back up to spec, and although there is not a lot to be done aside from basic cosmetic fixes (as the structure and construction are quite sound), we can focus the same zeal and enthusiasm in returning our resort lodgings to the once spectacular building it was known for.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us, we are always happy to receive suggestions for improvement.

We hope that the experience will not have soured you on our establishment and hope that you will do us the courtesy of returning so that we are able to make-up for the disenchanting experience and replace that memory you currently are holding on to, with a much fonder and happier association with our Resort.

Social Media & Marketing Director

Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is an excellent base for anyone wanting to explore the South Cariboo region. We spent 2 nights here and were pleasantly surprised. The resort is older but quite well maintained. Some areas could use a little TLC balcony railings needed some paint and I noticed the wallpaper was letting loose in one area of our room. Yet,the resort has a lot going for it. The location is beautiful, the rooms are big, very clean and have balconies with a wonderful view of the valley. The staff was friendly and very accommodating in letting us see the room before we committed. We had a king room which had a handy well equipped kitchenette. Considering what else is available in this area I would recommend this resort. From here you can take a drive out to Mahood and Canim Falls which were spectacular in early summer. Spend a pleasnt hour or so at Canim Beach park. Have dinner at the Hanger. The meal will surprise you - it is very good

Room Tip: We had room 36 good view nice balcony
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jackie747

Hello Jackie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay here with us at the 108 Golf Resort.
We are so glad that you chose us as your base of exploration here in the South Cariboo, there is so much to see and do in the area, and as you put it, we are centrally located and positioned so that almost all activities are close enough to take advantage of.

We have had problems with the wall paper letting lose before, it tends to get out of hand and really likes to enjoy itself sometimes it has it's friends paint and paneling over and that is when it gets really wild...but then again we all need to let loose sometimes... Am I right?

I am only joking of course, we are planning on making a number of upgrades to the rooms over the winter, including but no limited to TV's, beds, & Air Conditioning units, as well as a number of cosmetic and aesthetic room upgrades and standardized maintenance that is being planned.

As you mentioned the rooms are very spacious with hands down the best view of any accommodations provider within the area, and we do take pride in having the absolute cleanest rooms in the area. Despite the shortcomings of operating an older resort, we do everything in our power to maintain the highest quality of room and products that we are able to provide to you the guest.

Between the afternoon at the falls, dinner and drinks at The Hanger and relaxing at the Resort with us, it would sounds as though you had a great trip!

We look forward to having you stay with us again, perhaps this time you maybe interested in taking a guided horse back ride through the historic Walker Valley or getting in a round of golf.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

In May we were driving from Vancouver to Fort St. John. By leaving after work the night before we were at 108 by 9:00. It was an easier drive to Fort St John and we avoided the Vancouver morning traffic. The room had two queen beds and the $89.00 price included breakfast. The facilities are older but clean and at 2 km off the highway quiet.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
uriahf, Director of Sales at 108 Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Hi There,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us here at The New 108 Golf Resort. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your overnight stay with us.
It is true that we are a little bit older than some resorts (with planned renovations and new flatscreen tv's on the books), however what we a lacking in aesthetics we more than make up in price, cleanliness, location, amenities, views, and service.
Again, I am pleased that you were able to take advantage of our complementary continental breakfast (served daily), and got a great nights rest amidst the natural tranquility that we are lucky enough to call home,before continuing on your drive.

Again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your time with us, and we hope that you will be back soon to take advantage of our new loyalty program being launched in early July 2014!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near 108 Mile Ranch
#2 of 8 in 100 Mile House
100 Mile Motel and RV Park
100 Mile Motel and RV Park
#5 of 8 in 100 Mile House

Been to 108 Resort? Share your experiences!