“Great way to surprise friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tomo Sushi

Tomo Sushi
Ranked #10 of 52 Restaurants in Aldergrove
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Langley
“Great way to surprise friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

The other reviews have it right: this is very, very good sushi. And the location is just a bid "odd". But I use that to my advantage -- whenever I have an out of town guest, I tell them "hey, let's go down to the gas station and get some sushi." They often protest, thinking that they will be getting some pre-packaged rolls made 3 days ago or something. And then... they're shocked about how good it is, at which point I casually say "What? Isn't it like this everywhere!?". Great place.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Chris H

vancouver
“Sushi fresh and your way, in a surprising location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Do not be put off by the location of this sushi palace at the great crossroads of 262nd Street and the Fraser Highway. Yes, it is at a gas bar. No, it is not a gas bar restaurant. Come inside and be transformed by Japanese food that is imaginative and utterly delightful. I try to eat here at least a few times a month.
Try the Caterpillar Sushi or one of the outstanding lunch or dinner boxes. Who says that traveling to Aldergrove cannot be fun and tasty?

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank greenwayplanner
Vancouver, Canada
“The most unlikely of locations - Entirely the best -2nd only to Tojo's sushi in metro Vancouver”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

We found this barely visible restaurant 7 yrs ago - Delightful surprise in the most unlikely location -in the same building as a gas station (the owner is not the nicest of people) - Still this sushi stop prevails and hopefully is thriving. It is located on the north west corner of fraser highway and 264th -as you face the building (and gas pumps) it is to the extreme right -look for window and door and some signage over the door - inside you'll find a peaceful arrangement of booths.
There is, what seems to be, an even number of take away to eat in.
Prices are fabulous and the freshness and standard is superior.
Vaste amounts of foods to chose from at a very reasonable price.
Hopefully they keep the overhead down so the value & quality can stay up; as this is the only restaurant located at a gas station I've ever seen save for an actual truck stop. Instead of a burger coffee shop at a garage, it's a sushi restaurant at a gas pump -only in Aldergrove !
When we 1st stopped by we thought it was temporary but no, it's still there and doing well.
Treat yourself - you won't be disappointed ---- beats the Bob's grill (township councillor owner) or the tex-mex thingys down the road.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank s p
Vancouver, Canada
“My favorite sushi place, hands down!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant has the absolute best sushi I've ever had! I was super shocked, it being located in Aldergrove & all, but it was just so good! Ordered the sashimi appetizer and they were the biggest, juiciest, freshest pieces of tuna & salmon I'd had ever had! Can't even remember what else I ordered, but it was awesome too. I've gone out of my way to pick up that sashimi on multiple occasions now.

1 Thank 604smittenkitten
Thyholm, Denmark
“Not of this world”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

It looks humble. And is situated next to a gas station!
But their Sushi is out of this world. We look up Japanese restaurants wherever we go. And haven't been dissapointed yet.
But even compared to very expensive -and good- London places, this one goes one notch higher.
We've never been served so much delicous fish in one sushi/sashimi serving. I jokingly said to my wife, that we'd normally put hunks this big on the grill.
The sheer amount aside, the quality was a pure 10/10.
Serving was as good as the food. Our hands were loose when it came to tips :-)

Visited September 2012