“So-So place and food, little over average”

Saffron Indian Cuisine
Ranked #11 of 642 Restaurants in Burnaby
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Maywood
Reviewed October 21, 2013

On of the few Indian buffet in are so you do not have to many option. Location is good as is very close to Metrotown but no view or special thing about location. Food quality depend on what time ytou get there, if you get there then you will get much better quality as toward end of the buffet time items get less and alos lose freshness. Over all is a little over average place to eat and for the price you will leave the place happy.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Last weekend I went with a friend to the “Saffron” since we wanted to have lunch with a buffet. According to their flyer that restaurant has been voted “Best Indian Cuisine” for 7 years in a row. I don’t know what for votes that has been, but I cannot agree with that. I ate already better Indian food here. That doesn’t mean that the food in not good. But it is not great either. Serving fresh Naan of the table is a good idea. But I and my friend didn’t like the preparation of it. The classical baking gives a more flavourful bread.
The Butter Chicken was not good. The chicken meat had more or less the form and taste of firm tofu cubes; the cubes didn’t have any meat structure and didn’t taste like chicken but like some protein pieces without any significant taste. Positive was only that the Butter Chicken contained a lot of solid part in contrast to other restaurant where the sauce is overwhelmingly present and one has to dive in order to find some stuff. The meat in the Beef Curry was pretty tough. They probably cooked it as long as the chicken meat. But it has to cut thinner or to cook much longer in order to get it tender. The most disappointing to me was my favourite – Gulab Jamun. In order to let the taste work well it must be served warm. But those here were cold. And it was not enjoyable since it was also not as soft at it supposed to be. Another weird thing that I observed was the Greek Salad at the buffet. What has Indian Cuisine to do with Greek Salad???
Generally I would say that the restaurant is not extraordinary good, but it’s ok.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

If I could give this restaurant 6 stars I would. Awesome lunch buffet! Great Indian food. My favorite was the Butter Chicken. Plus, all you can eat naan is included in the buffet!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We enjoyed a birthday get together with a party of 8 at the Saffron Indian Cuisine restaurant. Our hosts recommended the buffet, which had a variety of dishes which included vegetarian and gluten free items. The food is tasty, not too spicy and filling.

Staff are friendly and helpful, but not intrusive and the atmosphere is pleasant.

Glad we had the chance to visit Saffron Indian Cuisine.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Ate here one night on a recent visit. Good section of foods. I found it to be ok. I would look for other options before returning.