“Loved Every Bite”

Horizons Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Horizons Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 601 Restaurants in Burnaby
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Burnaby Mountain Parkway
British Columbia
“Loved Every Bite”
Reviewed February 5, 2011

My husband, I and another couple dined at Horizons during Dine Out. After reading reviews I was a little put off, but figured for the $28 Dine Out price it was at least worth the gorgeous view, even if food didn't turn out to be top notch.
I have to say we were very pleasantly surprised with our experience, we were seated right away (we did have a reservation). The restaurant was packed full, and even with a full house our server was friendly and attentive. The food came out fast and all of our meals were tasty, hot and well prepared, none of us had a single complaint, we ate every bite. I was the only person in our group that ate off the Dine Out menu, and we all felt the food was worth the prices on the regular menu.

Gorgeous view, friendly staff, great service, amazing food! I don't get all the negative reviews. I would suggest you give it a try, I think you would be pleasntly surprised as well.

Visited February 2011
1 Thank GirlyGirl1480

Maple Ridge, Canada
“Great view”
Reviewed March 6, 2010

The view is outstanding. The decor is lovely but the food is just OK. We had expected more. My husband had the steak...says the Keg serves better and at $32.00 is should be better. I had the salmon, fine but not outstanding. I sort of expected the food to match the view and ambiance. A bit disappointed. Disappointed in Vancouver

1 Thank dutchgirl54
Burnaby
“Horizons have a really nice weekend brunch.”
Reviewed November 21, 2009

Horizons have a really nice weekend brunch.

Vancouver
“great service bad food poisoning”
Reviewed September 28, 2009

The service as always is excellent at Horizon's as we have been before... But the food always seems to just not have the same quality as it used to... Last week we went in for dinner and the wife and myself spent the night sick from the fish. So watch out for the fish...

1 Thank mrfordx
Vancouver, BC
“Expensive, but high end experience”
Reviewed August 25, 2009

Horizons Restaurant sits atop Burnaby Mountan provides wonderful views of the city. A popular place in the summer for dinner and functions (weddings), phone ahead for reservations. Service is pleasant and attentive as expected for a restaurant of this caliber.

On a recent visit I tried a started Caesar salad and the Rainbow Trout, which was grilled with almond slices and cooked perfectly (tender) and came with a vegetable mix and Yukon Gold mash potatoes. Drinks and after dinner coffees were delicious.

Food was good, but you're definitely paying for the view (Entrees average $30 - $35). An expensive, but high end experience.