“Beautiful view, ambience and some really nice dinners”

Horizons Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Horizons Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 593 Restaurants in Burnaby
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Burnaby Mountain Parkway
Burnaby British Columbia
“Beautiful view, ambience and some really nice dinners”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

I have been to Horizons quite often for lunch and dinner. We have some American friends who like to go there when they visit us. The view at sunset is sublime. The restaurant is open, airy with a west coast feel. The waiters are attentive and professional. I have had some lovely dinners: grilled fish over mesquite, italian fish stew, lamb done braised and rack; all delicious. And the burned lemon cheesecake is just fabulous.

• Visited February 2014

New Westminster, Canada
“Dining out Vancouver”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

I haven't been to Horizons in about 20 years. Back in the early 90's it was all nouveau cuisine, very pretty but not a whole lot of substance. So I went with a group of friends and was most impressed. The options were great, the price was very reasonable and the meal itself was delicious.

The view from the top of Burnaby Mountain is spectacular and the restaurant certainly takes advantage of that.

In the past I had told people about my experience - which at the time was sort of ho-hum. Now, however, I would highly recommend it. Very pleased that my recent experience in January changed my opinion for the better. Will definitely return.

Vancouver, Canada
“food experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

The food was average. My clams and mussels combo appetizer was very rank, My second course was salmon, very ordinary. You would expect more since Vancouver is home to the salmon. I would not recommend this restaurant. I could have a view anywhere else in the city.

2 Thank sybilsee
Roberts Creek, Canada
“Good food, good service, great views (even when cloudy and foggy)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

This is a good choice for a nice restaurant meal in Burnaby, even for locals who are not looking for the typical tourist views. We arrived on a very cloudy (often foggy) evening and I was surprised that the view of the city is still pretty spectacular. The room is remarkably warm and friendly for such a large place and the window tables are all well placed and comfortable.

All four meals at our table were very tasty. Appetizers were a bit on the small size (especially for their price), but other than that, no complaints.

The service was extremely attentive, and professional. We were there during the "Dine Out, Vancouver" promotion week and the restaurant was full, but service was still very good.

The Dine Out menu was really exceptional and a good value. We chose other items, which were considerably more pricey.

Definitely a repeat.

Vancouver, Canada
“Great meal, great service!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

We have just come back from a meal at Horizons. we bought a Groupon which was $49.00 for two meals including appetizer and dessert. The meal was excellent. The service was also excellent. I have been to Horizons years ago and was NOT impressed at all. Tonight I was totally impressed by the quality of the food, the service and presentation. My husband and I both had the steak and it was lovely. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone and the view of Vancouver from the restaurant cannot be beaten.