“Excellent”

Horizons Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Horizons Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 621 Restaurants in Burnaby
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Burnaby Mountain Parkway
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Excellent food and view. Went here because of the buy one entree get another free. Meals were excellent. The restaurant itself is located at the top of the mountain in a park. Lots of parking. Reserving a window seat is a must for the view. Service was okay.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

the ambiance is quite nice but the view of Vancouver from Burnaby Mountain is poor now due to overgrown trees. the food is average but pricey, service also average but staff is pleasant and accommodating.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We enjoyed a wedding rehearsal dinner at Horizons, 24 people at a long table, and pampered by the staff. The food was absolutely delicious, and the view spectacular. I would definitely recommend Horizons to Vancouver visitors, to enjoy the view of the city from a different perspective.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We went for lunch and was greeted with a friendly hostess who had our reservation. Reservations are not needed as the restaurant was mostly empty. Our waitress brought us our menus, and told us the specials. The wine list is not very extensive, but I have to say that most of the restaurants that I went to during this vacation had very mediocre wine lists. However, one should be able to find a wine unique to Canada at Horizons. The food arrived, very well presented, and I wouldn't say it was outstanding, but it was pretty good. The lunch prices were very reasonable. After the meal, be sure to walk around the gardens and see the views of the bay. Overall, it was a fun afternoon with some good food and wine, and some great views.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

June 25 2013 Our party had 9 people, I did not get to discuss the dinner with the others but I was underwhelmed by the main course. I had been having a lot of seafood lately and opted for the steak. Steak was okay except for the gristly part near one end and it was rather pricey for what it was, if it had been a rib steak I would have liked it better. The salad was good but they had two different salads with the same name, how were they supposed to know the difference between the two? Difference was one had goat cheese and the other had feta cheese. I wanted the salad with the goat cheese. Dessert was okay, I would have liked the choice of a sorbet but took the cheesecake ... which was okay. Overall I thought everything was more expensive than it worth.