“Great location / view and good food”

Horizons Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Horizons Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 628 Restaurants in Burnaby
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Burnaby Mountain Parkway
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Service was very good. A nice menu with choices to please most all tastes. A great location. Overall a good value and I would return on a future visit to the area.

1  Thank agoldman3

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The steaks we had were really tough and the dessert, Creme Brule was not good. Service is good but that is not good enough considering how pricey the food was.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Horizons in Burnaby..geez, if you are one of the lucky, your table will have a wonderful view of Vancouver's harbour. Well located and immensely popular.

I have a personal philosophy...don't order the special...but, I got led astray by a couple buddies and the vision of a nice steak and juicy lobster kind of overwhelmed me. Mistake.

Before I go further, the appies of cold prawns and tomato with fresh mozzarella and greens and seared scallops were delightful.

However, they are running a special this month..steak and lobster..and all three of our plates were poor. The meat was as tough as you could possibly imagine and the lobster had sat under a heat lamp for waaay too long, becoming dry and every bit as tough as the beef. I will presume, that because all of ours were of similar quality, ALL of the plates sold in the 'special' category were of poor quality. Why would anyone would do that and expect to generate a positive result is beyond me. I spoke to our server and I can only hope that he passed along my/our concerns to the chef.My suggestion...price your plate to provide the high quality that brings a happy customer.

1  Thank Gary H
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The food is good, but the view is outstanding. There is also a park outside to walk around in before or after dinner. This restaurant is best when it is NOT RAINING.

1  Thank qimmiqVancouverB_C_
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I took my sister to Horizons for lunch yesterday. The hostess tried to seat us at a very small table overlooking the parking lot. After declining it she tried to seat us at a larger table, again
overlooking the parking lot! We were finally given a table with a stunning view of Burrard Inlet. Our waiter Ayumu was very pleasant but the food was awful - extremely small portions, overpriced and unappealing. My soup which cost $8 was in the tiniest cup and was untasty and my tuna tataki which cost $14 consisted of 3 pieces of tuna coated in an unpleasant something. They were accompanied by a few ungarnished greens. My sister's Mozzarella and Tomato salad was buried beneath greens and had only about 4 thin slices of tomato and 2 pieces of cheese. I was embarrassed that I'd taken my sister there! SO DISAPPOINTING!!

1  Thank Lynne D