“Excellent meals with a million dollar view!”

Horizons Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Horizons Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 593 Restaurants in Burnaby
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Burnaby Mountain Parkway
North Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent meals with a million dollar view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Horizons on Burnaby Mountain has a fabulous view of Vancouver and its surroundings, and is one of our favorite places to take out of town guests. This time we met friends for dinner who live only a few blocks away, and the four of us agreed that it's like rediscovering your own city.
We took part in the Dine Out Vancouver experience this time, an annual event that most of the local restaurants partake in. $28 (taxes + gratuities extra) for a 3-course meal is a fantastic deal! Excellent menu - we chose cream of wild mushroom soup, BC sockeye salmon grilled on the alderwood BBW and chocolate hazelnut creme brulee.

• Visited February 2013

Port Coquitlam, Canada
“View is excellent, food is very good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is one of the best places in Vancouver area for the view in the evening when the lights come on in the city of Vancouver. It makes a very romantic place to go and have a fabulous dinner. It is pricey but service and food are excellent. When the weather is clear, it is also a great place to go just to sit on the hillside with a picnic for the view as well. The flower gardens are also a bonus when everything is in bloom.

• Visited December 2012
Mission, British Columbia
“Wow - For All the Wrong Reasons!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

All I can say is what a rip-off!!! The Short rib dinner was so blah - no flavor. I make better short ribs than that and even my husband could make more flavorful mashed potatoes. I can't believe the regular price is $29 for short ribs. I am so glad we had a groupon!! Their only saving grace is their coffee. It`s Mosaic brand, the Cafe Morano blend. The service was good too, but their prices are out of this world for what you get. No value. Even the wine prices are rediculous. I can only recommend this place for the view. If I`m paying $29 a plate for short ribs, there better be some wow factor, and yah, I said wow - but for all the wrong reasons. Sorry, we won`t be coming back, even if you have another groupon promo.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Love2Live-n-Eat
Vancouver, Canada
“Fine dining it is not”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

I recently bought a Groupon deal as I have not been to this restaurant in years, and wanted to see if the quality of the food has changed. Well... food was decent (nothing to rave about), portions were quite small -maybe it was because of the Groupon deal. The Service left much to be desired. My husband ordered an extra appy with his dinner and they brought out both of his appys out at the same time. When the waiter removed my appy plate, instead of placing my knife on the side plate, he placed it on the table. When i was served my poached pear brioche, the server did not bother to give me a fork to eat my dessert with. I used my coffee spoon as trying to discreetly get the attention of any server was almost impossible since they were more interested in chatting amongst themselves at the waitstation. Our server did not bother to check in to see how our meal was. Then there was the busboy who kept on "back-handing" the diner when removing dishes... I would have thought that such an establishment would have properly trained their wait staff on proper etiquette. When we left, the staff did not even bother to wish us a goodnight even though we walked right by them. Let's just say that the quality of service was lacking for what we thought would have been a fine dining experience - esp. for the prices on the menu. Oh - and there were big cobwebs on the lampfixtures - the real thing and not leftovers from Halloween. If not for the view, i would definitely say to give this place a pass - there are other better restaurants in the area that have better food, better service and easier on the wallet.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Wonderlust_2010
Langley City, Canada
“Best Steak in YEARS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

We went there for a Birthday Celebration. We had not been there for several years and back then we weren't excited about the food, but the view is terrific. Maybe since the fire in the kitchen (a couple of years ago) they got new equipment or something. The place was busy and the food was fabulous!! I don't usually order a steak but because they have an alderwood grill I thought maybe they will be able to cook a good steak. The steak wasn't just good it was GREAT! The steelhead was also wonderful, moist, slghtly smoky and delicious. We will definately go there again and highly recommend it. It's on the expensive end, 25-35 dollars for main entree but it's a generous plateful of food and they do have a coupon in the Entertainment book, which they cheerfully honor. Great deal! Again, BEST STEAK ANYWHERE IN YEARS.

• Visited December 2012