“Great food good service”
Review of Cactus Club Cafe

Cactus Club Cafe
Ranked #3 of 615 Restaurants in Burnaby
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marlborough
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We ate here the other day because 1) we felt like some good steaks and 2) we were treating my nephew to a pre-birthday dinner, on all fronts it was a good time out. 4 of us had steaks (peppercorn of varying sizes and doneness) that all were tasty and appeared to be cooked to everyone's liking, one had a burger which was also enjoyable. The waitresses (one in training) were both polite and friendly. In one of those rare occasions for us, we also ordered desserts after the meals and again each of us thoroughly enjoyed it! We would definitely go back again

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I was in town visiting from Calgary and had a late dinner with my kids. We had a great time catching up. I was disappointed that they sold out of my apple gallette. Don't think I spelled it properly but it was wonderful and recommended.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

A friend and I visited this Cactus Club on a Sunday on our way to shopping at Metrotown - it's located directly across Kingsway. We were greeted promptly and seated in the enclosed outside area, which had a lovely open fireplace where we were glad to be sitting, as it was sunny but quite chilly. Our server was welcoming and pleasant, offering full details when we asked several questions about their drink specials and lunch items. We ended up ordering a pint of their Longboard Lager and a 'Signature' Caesar, then we shared the Calamari appetizer and the Seasonal Greens side salad. The Caesar was particularly tasty, described as "... finished with a borettane onion, fresh bocconcini, vermouth soaked olive and a peruvian pepper"! The Calamari (which had yummy additions of deep fried slices of red pepper and jalapeno peppers) and the salad were both delicious, and there was plenty for the two of us sharing a light lunch. We also really appreciated the fact that the music was at a level where we could comfortably have a conversation - what a pleasant experience, compared to the usual overly loud music encountered at many restaurants. Our meal came in at $35, including drinks and tax. Good value, delicious food, great service - what more could you ask for?

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Sat at the roadside awning area, six of us, the rain drops sneaked in, after a while the wind blew through, but it was all worth is...waiter was good and attentive, and my calamari was heapful good.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

With all the good reviews I had expectattions but I never expected it to be so bad. After 15 minutes of no service I had to go to the front and ask for someone to serve us. During the meal we had to ask 3 times for ketchup with the third time again going up tot the front. My meal was served almost cold. The other peoples meals were ok. IMHO this place does not deserve its rating at all.