“Better than a food court”
Review of Tivoli's

Tivoli's
Reserve with OpenTable
Tivoli's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #313 of 606 Restaurants in Burnaby
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Always iffy to go on auto pilot and try the hotel restaurant - sometimes they are depressing experiences and once in a while they are delightful. Tivoli's falls in the middle of the pack.
I started with calamari, amb shanks and a special request bowl of ice cream with a caramel sauce (without the apple strudel).
First let me clarify - the food was OK - the service was five star, attentive and helpful.
The calamari is apparently a popular dish. Had to admit there was a lot for the money but the tzatziki was way too thick and the mound of calamari was over cooked so I didnt make much of a dent. The lamb shanks had been under a heat lamp but the meat was tasty.
My server looked concerned but left me alone with the garlic mashed and random veggies (one zucchini, red pepper and two green beans)
Overall - more expensive that the meal warranted but nice serivce and I didnt have to get back in the car.

1  Thank VictoriaRobyn
There are newer reviews for Tivoli's

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Had lunch and dinner here during my stay at the hotel. Great food, great service and the prices are way lower than other dinning options nearby. Did not try, but they have a very nice brunch buffet on Sundays. co-workers who did try it highly recommended!

2  Thank Sean S
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Prime Rib Meal, Great Meal Friday and Saturday Nights,
and wow 3 eggs bennie, traditional, salmon, or spinach, home made hollandaise

1  Thank 999dano007
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Food good
Service excellent pleasant and friendly
Liked the lamb shank, delicious
Will not hesitate to return

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I am currently staying at the executive inn in Burnaby. I seen a sign this evening saying 3 course prime rib dinner $26 so I figured why not. went in the restaurant at 6 pm very empty thought it was a bad sign but went ahead anyway I was greeted by my server his name was Patrick. The tables where clean and the restaurant had a nice vibe.

I ordered the prime rib dinner and a glass of the house merlot the merlot was very tasty. first course was a salad the salad greens where good but I did not care for the dressing. when the prime rib came it was great looking on a plate. I cut into it and it was done perfectly the meat had a hint of spice but the beef flavor was there.

overall one of the best prime ribs ever and Patrick was a great server very attentive. Would I eat here again most defiantly.

2  Thank immortal_jack